• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will the dev team be making the game in clausewitz or in the old game engine?

And while on the subject, is it the same dev team that made AoW3 that is making the new one?

Hi,

We have our own engine called the Creator Engine. We made AoW3 and Overlord on that engine, and its a descendant of the one we made the earlier AoW games with.

And the team on AoW Planetfall is pretty similar to that of AoW3. I got started on AoW2 back in the day, and the founders- who obviously made AoW - were in on in too. So, that's over 25 years of history.

Hi,

We have our own engine called the Creator Engine. We made AoW3 and Overlord on that engine, and its a descendant of the one we made the earlier AoW games with.

And the team on AoW Planetfall is pretty similar to that of AoW3. I got started on AoW2 back in the day, and the founders- who obviously made AoW - were in on in too. So, that's over 25 years of history.

Interesting. Would you say the game will be going in its own direction or will it be more a continuation of AoW3 with improvements?

The engine has been improved a bit. In gameplay, its just improved AoW, but the setting is loosely correlated if at all.

Which is exactly what i'd hoped for a triumph scifi game

The engine has been improved a bit. In gameplay, its just improved AoW, but the setting is loosely correlated if at all.

Which is exactly what i'd hoped for a triumph scifi game
Honestly I would have preferred AoW4 but in a new engine and closer to AoW2 in aesthetics. Can't have everything you want though, so I'll take what I can get.