• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Davor

Colonel
47 Badges
Mar 16, 2001
Visit site
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
I love Warlock 2. Since so much is quiet from the developers side, it seems the game may be done. Then again they could be working on more content. I just want to buy something more, so I am looking at Warlock 1. I guess I just want to have more in Warlock 2, will I get that with Warlock 1?

So what would I get from Warlock 1 that I don't have with Warlock 2? I see the tech tree is random. I am not sure if I will like that or not. Then again, playing Warlock 2 I am always doing the same tech tree path. Seems like I do that for all Civ games so maybe having a random tree will be different. So there is a plus in Warlock 1.

So as of right now, is there more techs to research in Warlock 1? Is there more units? More unique units? More buildings to make? Is there more spells to cast, or is all or most of this in Warlock 2 and I will not notice a difference?

Will I have more, less or the same fun as Warlock 2? I know some games it's hard to go back and play the original game. Is this the same case for Warlock 1? Do they play the same game play in both games or do they play different?

Please let me know how you like Warlock 1 over Warlock 2. I just want to make sure before I buy this game or another one. Hell if I get good replies I will buy both. :)

Research is different system picks up few spells for you to choose from .
Research in Warlock 1 also has not so many spells .
Then lesser amount of units variety .
Then getting a building in Warlock 1 gives a perk to upgrade armor or unit power - all of your units are able to get that perk in Warlock2 only 2,4,5,10 units can benefit from one building ,giving perks .This is why in original Warlock you will save money then you'll waste them all for units perks . In Warlock 2 I have 50 th gold because the number of units who can get perks are drastically decreased ,

Last edited:
Fun game, but the single player gets too easy a bit quick. If you take a hero or a holy unit and get a few levels and buffs on them you can quickly get them to well over 90% damage reduction to almost everything. You usually have to let the AI live on purpose if you want to try any of the other victory conditions.

I don't regret buying it, but the gameplay is just a bit too shallow to end up playing it for anywhere near as much as the best strategy games

What is the difference with Armeageddon mode? What is it?

It was a mode where Dremers would constantly invade Ardania. Every 15 or so turns they would spawn portals all over the map, which spawn Dremers and terraform the terrain around them into the contaminated terrain that you see in the Dremer world in W2. After 10 turns the portal would explode turning the surrounding land into destroyed lands which can only be traversed by Dremers or flying units, as well as destroying any resources caught in the blast radius.

Should also note that many terraforming spells don't work on contaminated lands, and almost none work on destroyed lands. And whenever Dremers took a city they would turn it into a powerful Dremer castle. Or when they kill a player or AI, it would spawn a corrupted Great Mage. The objective was to kill 10 anchors scattered around the world(s) to unlock a spell to transport an army to the Dremer world and defeat the Dremers. Alternatively you could just win one of the other victories.

So the match usually the match would have Dremers slowly creeping into your and the AI's lands from outside where no one could destroy the portals. And AIs on their own would eventually die adding to the Dremer army. And opening up there neighbor's borders to the Dremers.

All in all it was a decently challenging and fun survival type gamemode. And I've always been sad that they never included it in W2, despite a significant portion of the code still being there. The Clear Threat gamemode in W2 is similar, but not the same. I just never found it quite as good.