What does the Marauder 2R offer that the 3R doesn't?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Has any consensus developed what the optimal 3R headcapper turned out to be, without going overboard on stripping armor or overheating? 4x ERMLs and 2 UAC2s?

I'm curious about a few 2R builds and I'd be interested to hear how they compare, but I can't run the math myself. I haven't gotten a 2R yet, so this is just from the top of my head.

6xMLs and a UAC20
4xERMLs and 2 sPPCs - I don't think you can fit a cannon on this
6xMPLs and a LB 10-X

I can run the math and post some screenshots later if you're interested but as a first thought and taking into account the Marauder quirk mostly benefits aiming at the head what you don't want is more than two hits per weapon, that's not going to be very efficient. Also that means LBX are not very good and specially LBX5-20 are pretty bad. The 6xML 1xUAC20 probably will do quite good damage wise because it has a lot of firepower, but with just medium range and not very good armor.

UAC20s are very good for CT core, not so much for headcapping (although they're not bad at all), and also has the issue of TTS being almost a requirement for the single UAC20 while at the same time also desirable for the MLs, to be able to fire at around 260m (slightly less than 270m max range).

Yeah, I know the additional pellets have a much reduced chance to hit the head, but the damage numbers add up to >61 nicely. 45+25 for snubs, 50+12 for the LBX10. I'd love to know if they're really that much worse, or if they're at least in the ballpark.

I guess you can always run 6xERMLS and a UAC2/5, and call it a day.

Last edited:
Thanks, and yeah, with those numbers they don't compare well to the 6 ERML variants, especially when you also consider heat and armor.

Maybe 5 ERMLs + sPPC or 6 MPLs + LB-2X could be alternatives, but I don't think there's any unexpected sweet spot there.

SNPPCs are just not that good to aim at the head, and LBX2 isn't either, although it is much better (because high raw efficiency to begin with) than other LBX.

wHjV0vN.png