• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Which expansion would you like next?

• EU3 - (Rotw focus)

Votes: 1.262 46,2%
  • Rome -(Alexander era, revised map)

Votes: 685 25,1%
  • HoI3 - (Expanded timelines, battlescenarios)

Votes: 288 10,5%
  • Victoria 2 - (US Civil War)

Votes: 499 18,3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Semper Fi is now close to be released, and our download people will soon start on a new project.. The question is.. Which one do YOU want to see?

We got alot of ideas, but want to hear which one you would like to see?

What do you mean by rotw?

Regardless, I voted for EU: Rome. Phreaps with an expansion you can make the game be entertaining (I just played the demo and didn't find it too appealing)

I also enjoy the Alexander/Diadochi period very much, and extending the map East/South (Egypt/Meröe) makes a lot of sense.

Are we to assume that Victoria 2 won't be playable as a finished game upon release and will need an expansion?

Vicky, on the assumption that it won't be playable until it reaches exp #3 :p

Rome, definitely. It's already a great game, but an expansion would make it so much better.

Are we to assume that Victoria 2 won't be playable as a finished game upon release and will need an expansion?

I could suggest reading the developer diaries discussions for Victoria 2 you would know that we are striving to create a finished game that is playable on release. To do that we made the command decisions to not reach too far with the features but instead make sure that we aimed for features that would be finished and playable. Defence exhibit A, the world market. One possibility for an expansion for Vicotria 2 is to replace the playable and finished world market with region markets and seperate regional pricing.

An alternative assumption one can of course make based on the evidence presented here in this thread is that it will simply mean additional manpower on the vicky project as hinted by "download people" implying they make up a separate team of coders. ;)

Vicky, on the assumption that it won't be playable until it reaches exp #3 :p

While we're talking Truth to The Man, I'll sadly agree with the above and point out this seems to be a widespread belief among the older, grumpier fans, of which I am a part of. And not just about Vicky2, but about "New Paradox Games" in general.

Also, Vicky2 - but why ACW? Certainly, that will fit into the timeline of the vanilla game, no? Plus Vicky:Rev worked so well.

Rome had an expansion, HOI3 will have an expansion, EU3 had 3 expansions.

I belive in equality so i voted for Victoria 2.

A game that hasn't even been released yet. ;)

I could suggest reading the developer diaries discussions for Victoria 2 you would know that we are striving to create a finished game that is playable on release. To do that we made the command decisions to not reach too far with the features but instead make sure that we aimed for features that would be finished and playable. Defence exhibit A, the world market. One possibility for an expansion for Vicotria 2 is to replace the playable and finished world market with region markets and seperate regional pricing.

Great.

So why will an expansion be needed then, exactly?

Especially when the game is extremely user-friendly for modding...

While we're talking Truth to The Man, I'll sadly agree with the above and point out this seems to be a widespread belief among the older, grumpier fans, of which I am a part of. And not just about Vicky2, but about "New Paradox Games" in general.

Also, Vicky2 - but why ACW? Certainly, that will fit into the timeline of the vanilla game, no? Plus Vicky:Rev worked so well.

2004? Noob. :p

I am assuming the design phase of Vicky is complete (god, I hope so) and that these guys have free time on their hands which they can devote to adding to one game.

Frankly, the nature of Paradox titles is that they can ALWAYS be improved upon since there's so much they could do and would like to do but there will always be constraints in time and manpower (= cost) and the expansion system works fine that way, in that Paradox can keep improving their games not least of all after user input and keep making money which keeps them in business and keeps us happy.

Great.

So why will an expansion be needed then, exactly?

Especially when the game is extremely user-friendly for modding...

It won't be needed, however parhaps the stuff we add might just make the game more enjoyable.

Because the game is relatively free and decision driven the ACW is prolly far from 100% likely to occur, let alone occur anywhere near historical. Also, unlike Vicky1, they decided to only make a great campaign and focus all their attention on that. That means that Vicky 2 will NOT have an ACW scenario from the get go (unlike Vicky 1) and you will also generally not get the chance to play the ACW in regular games in a way thats remotely historical.

Now, given that, especially in the US, there is a lot of interest in ACW games, it would make sense for the team to create a Vicky expansion for that crowd that has an ACW campaign that starts at the start of the ACW... where like 50% of their time goes into research of the ACW and getting all that historical, and the other 50% goes into new features that function specifically well for the ACW but also in the general game, which would of course help to sell it to the rest of the world. ;)

Voted for that, sounds like a solid plan to me. :)

It won't be needed, however parhaps the stuff we add might just make the game more enjoyable.

So, are you telling me that I, the consumer, will be able to buy Victoria 2 and enjoy it without needing to buy an expansion that will fix any bugs that may appear?

In other words, if (when) bugs do appear, will you continue to support correcting any bugs, without forcing the consumer to buy an expansion that will be needed if one wants to keep playing an improved version without bugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.