• Victoria 3 - Sign up now!

The journey begins, sign up now and get a special in-game item when the game is released.

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning
  • Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

Refineus

Captain
8 Badges
Jun 16, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Empire of Sin
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
Perhaps developers should release a guide along with the level editor for next game. 85 % of the maps released on steam workshop is poorly set up as creators typically don't care.

Random map generated should be used as a reference rather than a ripoff. Looking at Heroes 3 how many crappy maps pushed out for no reason.

Setting up a multiplayer map in AoW3 is by far more complex as players need to define random factors like adventure mode, strong stacks, weak, cities, settlers etc to match settings similar how random maps are generated. That was never declared really when they shipped the game.

But the random generated maps is enough in my opinion. If players decide to create their own it will anyway be better with a handcrafted map that has identity.

Last edited:

THE-Black-Knight

Private
1 Badges
Mar 15, 2019
Just make everything optional, that's the key. Don't need to put a million things in the game, just make everything in it optional and easy to fine tune. (Also put Dark Elves in the game this time!!)

THE-Black-Knight

Private
1 Badges
Mar 15, 2019
To be honest, I only care about the cam

To be honest, I only care about the campaign...
Yeah, clicking constantly hoping that finally two half developed characters stop talking to each other so that you can start playin... Yawn. (As a filmmaker I can tell you that dialogue doesn't develop character, action does. But I am actually speaking more about Planetfall right now, I don't even think I ever started the AOWIII campaign)

THE-Black-Knight

Private
1 Badges
Mar 15, 2019
Of course when the Dark Elves cast their spell of flowers, the world slowly becomes covered with black and purple flowers and slowly poisoned by them. A sort of death so beautiful that can't exist in the real world. At that point everyone with some reason left would stop fighting each other and turn against the DEs but it would be too late. But the DEs would also have poisonous flowers of all kinds that they could deploy from the begnning of the game... and black towers that are invisible unless you approach them from very close. that's AOW IV the way I see it. Dark Elves and their slaves that's all I see.