What did you enjoy in EUIV today ?

• Thread starter Methuen of Melnibone
  • Start date
  • We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
M

Methuen of Melnibone

Thought a positivity thread might be good - might give people ideas for their next game etc.

What did you enjoy in the game today ?

Me - I finished my second Spain run through, earning a pile of steam achievements and having an absolute blast learning a lot about the military system, being nearly constantly at war somewhere in the world.

1777 - Spain, Portugal, Aragon, Naples, Austria, Britain, Russia, Utrecht - all miiiiine - and since my game goals are all done, I'm building up for a showdown with the Ottoblob - they have 800k men in the field, and reserves of 500k currently.

Steam Achievements - No Pirates, All Your Trade, Traditional Player, Colonial Management, Emperors New Clothes, Spain is The Emperor, Ruina Imperii, Impero Espanol, Magellan's Voyage, Isn't this the way to India, Forever Golden

• 11Like
Reactions:
I am finally getting a succesfull Nadj game of the ground :)

• 5Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
I really enjoy the new government capacity mechanic. I was sceptical, when devs first presented the changes in the dev-diaries, but playing with it just one campaign totally convinced me of the change. It really caters to my more economy-focused playstyle : ) .. Not enjoyed it today yet, but maybe later tonight ; )

• 5Like
Reactions:
The fort mechanics. No wait, the AI..

edit: actually nope. It’s the new mechanics. Constantly. I don’t mind if the old ones don’t work, or break the AI, just so long as new ones keep coming.

• 3Haha
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Morocco straight up walking through my fort in Darfur.

Just AI things

Humanist is pretty much always a superior choice, but Religious is far more fun to play with, especially with minor religions like Coptic.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Morocco straight up walking through my fort in Darfur.

Just AI things

Humanist is pretty much always a superior choice, but Religious is far more fun to play with, especially with minor religions like Coptic.

Definitely going to try other idea groups next time through; I've played enough Euro-major now, so inspired by this & the Inca thread I'll be getting into some of the other stuff in the game next.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Whenever I get the Champion of the Joust event, I just know that 100 tradition general will be something like 1/0/4/0.

Today I got a 4/6/4/4. I almost spat out my tea.

• 10Like
  • 4Haha
Reactions:
I have thousands of hours with this game, and I realized about a month ago that I haven't played a non-custom start in ages, and I've never played Burgundy, at all. So, I have a very fun game as Burgundy going on. Towards the end of the 16th century, I went a bit mad eating up HRE territory to clean up my borders while everyone was involved in the League Wars, which sparked a MASSIVE coalition war, that was a lot of fun to fight through. Now I've just been lying low, annexing vassals, and burning AE. I'm off work today, so it's time to take what's left of France and evict Britain from the continent. :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
realising that a nagaur opening backed by jaunpur is great since couple patches..

no cb Jangladesh in 12 december and annex delhi. you get sirhind for free as vassal!

...and its a heavy micro start, which i liked.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I like that I can do cool things that the ai or historical countries never did.

I like being the most powerful person on the planet.

I like how you have to earn everything over time and the end is the sum of your good or bad choices.

The devs fixed a broken game so I can actually play small OPMs neighbouring big countrys again. But the fun part gets removed when you realise that we got a DLC with no content

Reactions:
Playing a Brandenburg --> Prussia game, and I feel like AE is a real barrier to expansion into the middle of the 1600s (as far as I've played). It's making it a real challenge to form Germany. I'm enjoying the difficulty.

• 2Like
Reactions:
The fact that you posted this and people actually responded. I get very tired of daily whines from players who want to push one button and instantly complete a WC. Well, that is a bit of an exaggeration, but you know what I mean. Today I enjoyed using my Marine raider groups (3 marine regiments, three transports and 10 frigates) to establish beachheads, seize ports and, in one especially heroic action, cut off a defeated army from the crossing that they were headed for. Love the marine mechanic, so glad that Devs made it available to everyone. BTW I’m playing Vijayanagar, blocking and expelling the nasty Europeans from the Indian Ocean and the indies.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Sometimes I like the AI... I even rage quited my last game as Bologna.

One of the things I most enjoy doing is to play a relaxing game with a trade nation like Portugal or Holland, and slowly expand around the world.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have work and kids, so I don't get to play the game, but I really enjoy the dev dairies. So I mostly just buy the dlc just for the continuation of the devdairies. Which is ironic sort of, since when I was a student I had the time to play, but not the money to buy the dlc.

• 3Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
So many things to be honest. I've 3,300 hours and I'm still learning things in this game. I haven't played a chinese faction yet, at all. They scare me for some reason. But I've played Japan many times, and frequently end up fighting them. I've got a few game saves running, trying to form Germany from a Teutonic Order start is proving a great challenge. Also, an interesting Bengal game running along, swallowing up giant vassals. I fancy a Spanish campaign next but I get a bit fed up with colonising..

• 1Like
Reactions: