What countries should have "What If" mission trees; inspired by the Teutonic Order's new missions?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's what happens when you are in a union for 400 years and lithuanians become heavily polonised leading to a breakdown of distinction between pole and Lithuanian, giving rise to a Polish Lithuanian identity
I wrote about problem knowed by modern Poles in XVIII-XIX and early XX centry and deeply descripted by Poles in XX-XXI century.

You can look on eg. great polish uprisings in XIX century. For many peoples this was only "rebelion of szlachta, without connections with rest of populations". Therefore some polish historian write, that social relations in PLC were more similar to colonial state that to normal, european state.

Polonization of lower and middle classes was done by Polskie Stronnictwo Ludowe and Narodowa Demokracja in later XIX century and next in restore Poland in interwar period (also by Sanacja) and finished by communist Poland.

So problem was deeper that "connection elites from two groups with other language".

And what meaningful difference would it have in game terms, monthly autonomy reduction?
Why not -5% stability cost? Or +10% chances of heir?

Ironization and trolling lead to nothing good ...

It can be right or wrong. We can look on foci tree's for HoI4. Some branches are good designed - some wrong. But no one was ironic that "communist Britain would be a normal Britain only + 2% a useless parameter".

Historically speaking, this makes a lot of sense, and it's indeed an interesting "what if" scenario, but in EU4 terms, what really changes in this scenario besides "conquer west" and "conquer east", are there any deep mechanical differences between the branches? I can't see it.
Im not good designer of greater game elements, but always is way other that "select do you want in finish -5% stability cost or +5% chances on heir". Maybe for PLC lock bourgeoisie estate to time great reforms of "Constitution of May 3"? Big disaster for PLC way about "Khmelnytsky Uprising"?

IDK - I'm work in factory not as game designer. I know what and how making with steel, to get this shape and parameters.

Thinking smaller scale, a country deserving of a mission tree (just by principle) and a 'What If' route i feel is definitely Wales.

- Is a featured nation in the index of countries who also have achievements with wide spread territorial goals without changing tag

- Recieved graphical updates, but no mission tree of its own, expected to form England or GB to access them.

- the Glyndŵr Rising also known as the Welsh war of Independence is a unexplored background event (1404 - 1415) that the current standing English startdate monarch Henry (Tudor of Penmynydd) VI is part Welsh and helped sooth strict regulatory laws after he took the throne. Interestingly Tudor nobles were also killed in the revolting side, the Tudor bloodline's continuation could be a way to access the What If's.

- Will be a Protestant powerhouse with the new devlog adjustments with high industrial & church power mobility.

I can say the same for other British isles releasables, but Wales personally felt & by my arguements has more points going for it to be included in a 'Forgotten Nations' update. Im tempted to re-write this in full on the suggestions forums too.

Reactions:
Thinking smaller scale, a country deserving of a mission tree (just by principle) and a 'What If' route i feel is definitely Wales.

I can say the same for other British isles releasables, but Wales personally felt & by my arguements has more points going for it to be included in a 'Forgotten Nations' update. Im tempted to re-write this in full on the suggestions forums too.
Speaking of English releasables: Northumbria. It has an event where you can choose its ruler and is the only nation in the British isles to share a culture, that being England. Northumbria could have missions based on unifying England under Northumbria, restoring the heptarchy, or forming the North Sea Empire and reviving Norse religion.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
and is the only nation in the British isles to share a culture, that being England.
*The Irish Minors have entered the chat.*

(Also The Isles, Gaeldom and Mann)

Reactions:
Make it a localisation like malaya, caliphate and kingdom of God
I would prefer Zoroastrian Persia and Safavids to have their own NIs and colour. But if Ardabil was to get renamed to Safavids and they would get an empire rank, when they form it, then I would agree.
I would just like Persia to be more flavourful, instead of having the same colour, same flag and same NIs every time, while it can differ so much, depending on who forms it.

Uzbek is a good example of a what if scenario. They can either consolidate power in Transoxiana through forming Bukhara, or reform one of the older hordes (Golden Horde, Yuan, Ilkhanate). I think they should at least have two distinct trees for Bukhara and Ilkhanate.

Last edited:
Reactions: