What countries seem hard to play but are quite easy to play?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would say Navarra looks very hard start, but proper alliances and strategy make it a contender to be the best OPM for World Conquest (use Castille to get unin over Aragon, Use Catille+Aragon to force union over France, use both Unions to kill Castille, form Spain, enforce union over Portugal, Austria, Great Britain)

Crimea looks bad start, worse than any other horde,, but can ally Ottomans and blob blob blob

Mesoamericans have it easy once they got enough religions reforms going. The challenge is not the europeans - at all. It's the opening stages of unifying Mexico and avoiding or surviving a coalition.

Kongo is another one that is smooth sailing once you conquer the Kongo basin, which you can do pretty fast although you might have to defeat a Great Lakes coalition.

Playing any of this is easier than it looks and all are a lot of fun to play:

Provence and Savoy, though seemingly stuck between greater powers and the Empire, are in fact capable of an insane diplomatic game. Both have good mission trees and are in rich nodes.

Georgia, while in the backyard of the terrifying Ottomans, is far away enough to gather some strength and prepare for the eventual confrontation. You can easily take all Georgian lands within years and expand into rich Persian lands. Being a christian helps diplomatically and their insane mountain forts make fighting the big guys way easier than it looks.

Although Austria looms large next to them, the Bavarian minors are extremely easy and powerful in the current patch. Unite Bavaria within years and wield their overpowered mission tree to great effect.

Riga, though a remote OPM is initially protected by both a trade league and its isolation from all but one neighbour. The Livonian Order consistently gets itself in wars as a secondary participant, so just be ready to strike when the time is right and expand along the Baltic Shore.

Oman, while seemingly greatly outmatched by Hormuz, its missions and cores allow for a remarkably easy first war after which you’ll be set for smooth sailing.

Qara Qoyunlu, though large, might still be intimidating for some to pick, being surrounded by greater powers and with some internal troubles to start with. Still, an immediate focus on conversion and easy expansion into the Persian minors should prepare you well enough for confrontation with the Timurids, Mamluks and Ottomans.

Kongo, though remote and technologically behind at the start, it has a couple of grasslands provinces that allow for quick catch up on the Institutions front and its position on the Atlantic allows you to even spawn Colonialism yourself, setting you up to be able to match the imperial powers of Europe on equal footing.

I must confirm, Savoy in particular is a lot easier to play than people expect.

Saluzzo, Milan and Genoa are all easy targets. Sure, the AE is lethal but you can manage it. I even managed to PU France when I tried Savoy opening by getting my dynasty on their throne. You also get to form Sardinia-Piedmont with that lovely Admin Efficiency bonus.