What are the cultures you plan to create when Royal Court comes?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

chelvo

Enrico Dandolo did nothing wrong
58 Badges
Jan 9, 2018
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Magicka 2
  • Victoria 2
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
I am kinda interested in what Ideas there are around, so I though I'll make a thread about it.
Mine are:
  • Neuvandalisch: Mixture between berber and a central germanic culture, in order to reestablish the kingdom of Vandalia in north-africa.
  • Neujutnisch: Mixture between Saxon and danish in Jutland
  • Mesopotamian: Divergence from Assyrian in Mesopotamia
  • Ulmesians: Divergence from German in Ulm
  • Cyreneican/Alexandrian: Divergences in egypt, the latter maybe even a greek-egyptian mix

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
British, so I can finally be an emperor of Britannia without having to displace the traditions of three kingdoms in favour of only one.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Some runs I've yet to do which would synergize nicely with the new features:
-Pannonian or Balatonian Slavs as a divergence of slovene around lake Balaton
-Frial breaks off from Italy, conquers some coastline from croatia and creates a cisalpine-croatian hybrid culture
- Switzerland can finally diverge from swabian!

Some runs wich I've already done but which also would have synergized nicely with the new features and which I may redo:
- Yemeni establish trading ports along the western coast of india which turn into custom sultanates, kind of a alternate history where India didn't get islamized via land by steppe nomads but by sea
- Ostyakians take on a nomadic way of life, replace Oghuz around the caspian sea, convert to Islam and invade Anatolia, establishing a sultanate of Rum which speaks an uralic language instead of a turkic language
- the Yugurs, a tiny and sinicised turkic people migrate all the way to Moldavia and take on christianity and a seditary way of life similar to the Hungarians
- The Polabian Slavs invade Denmark, creating a seafaring slav/norse hybrid culture
- The norse varangian conquest their way to east africa, hybridize with the beja and reform the kushite religion

• 4Like
Reactions:
- Litvin (i.e. proto-Byelorussian) as a mixture between Lithuanian and Russian.
- (Neo-)Sarmatian either as a divergent Alan culture or as a mixture between Alan and Cuman.
- Rumyn as a mixture between Vlach and Polish OR Volokh as a mixture between Vlach and Russian in Moldavia.
- Qaravlah as a mixture between Vlach and Pecheneg in Wallachia.
- (Neo-)Dalmatian/Illyrian as a divergent Norman culture in the Western Balkans within a Hauteville-led Illyrian Empire.
- Dorian as a divergent Greek culture in Western Greece (or Laconian/Lacedaemonian in the Peloponnese).
- Graecian/Syracusan as either a divergent Greek culture or as a mixture between Greek and Sicilian (/Italian) in Southern Italy.
- Scandzan (i.e. 'Varangian') as a mixture between Norse (/Swedish) and Greek in an Orthodox Scandinavia.
- Ænglish as a mixture between Norse (/Danish) and Anglo-Saxon in England.
- Ostmannic as a mixture between Norse (/Norwegian) and Gaelic (/Irish).

And I can go on and on. Quite excited for this DLC. :)

Reactions:
Norse-Irish or Norse-brythonic

Because all that matters is making the English suffer for what they know they did :p

Also maybe Norse-Mongolian, because why not

Also maybe Han-Roman, because what's better than legionnaires? Legionaries backed up by machine gun crossbowd

I love doing Islamic invasions of Europe from Iberia, so will probably end up making Anda-French/Norman at some point.
Otherwise Mongol-Norse for Mongol invasions by sea. I like the idea of the greatest Khan being a Viking too.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Berserkerboy - Norse divergence in Angermanland.

Tiffan - Breton divergence in Brittany. Change Kingdom name from Brittany to Tiffany.

Lotharingian - Cause why stop? And yes there would be a Lotharingian heresy to go along with it.

Depends on if I can feed cultural men-at-arms to my hybrids. If I can, some kind of Finnish-Mogyer-Saxon abomination.

Otherwise I will just diverge a proper representation of Finnish culture and paint the map with it.

There are too many I want to create. But I have a few primary ideas:

Ostlander or Xifeng - A mix of Norse and Qiang, the name will change depending on which language I decide to use. Would largely be located in eastern Tibet.

Somali-Norman - Wherein William the Conqueror fails to take England, and sets out to make a brand new kingdom with Blackjack & Hookers.

Greco-Tangut - For a custom kingdom based in Crimea and the Caucasus.

Alābó - A mix of Han and Arabic, for a kingdom on the Arabian peninsula.

Edit:

Holdup, do we know if the game will mix DNA for culture hybrids? So that generated characters will have an appearance reflecting their mixed heritage. I'm just curious.

• 3Like
Reactions:
After years of maining Venice in EU4, where I always tend to reach for Sina>Red Sea and its trade routes linking to the riches of India, it's going to have to be:

Some form of Italian/Ethiopian blend

Once that's established we shall move on to absorb the Dravidians. Because Tamil tech.

I've always wanted the Icelandic culture to be realised! I'll be able to diverge from the Norse now.

Also, thinking of a Ciscaucasian hybrid of Khazars/Alans, though I'm not sure what to call them yet and a Yemeni/Somali mix for my 'Socotran colonisation of the Horn of Africa' plan.

Reactions:
Also Finnic/Mongolic mix for the obvious meme

Greco/Hausa because I think it'll be funny.

I am kinda interested in what Ideas there are around, so I though I'll make a thread about it.
Mine are:
  • Neuvandalisch: Mixture between berber and a central germanic culture, in order to reestablish the kingdom of Vandalia in north-africa.
  • Neujutnisch: Mixture between Saxon and danish in Jutland
  • Mesopotamian: Divergence from Assyrian in Mesopotamia
  • Ulmesians: Divergence from German in Ulm
  • Cyreneican/Alexandrian: Divergences in egypt, the latter maybe even a greek-egyptian mix
I don't expect to be playing the game, unfortunately. :(

Heh Anglo-Saxons? Nah I'm taking Saxony and making Saxon-Anglos!!!

A couple common ones I might use up:

• Indonorse
  • Anglais skip those normans
  • Romance-African for my roman return to the area
  • Pharaonic Egyptian, Taking the arabic and coptic out of egypt with my kordofan invasion.
  • Israeli, need a jewish melting pot for retaking isreal.
  • Zanj, gotta take over bagdad as an african.
  • Novgorodian
  • Muscovite
  • True Polish-lithuanian :p
  • Take my Mongols and turn them into Mughals
  • Afrikaners, time to take the dutch to africa early.
  • Neo-Galatians, taking my irish to anatolia.
  • Communist, to take over russia :p

• 5Haha
Reactions: