• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In 1441 my biggest neighbors are as such in troop numbers:

ERE: 34.7k
Carpathia (not bordering me though): 57k
Francia (in one of their MANY civil wars): 6.2k
Papacy: 49.8k
KoJ: 20k
HRE: 5k

Reactions:
I read this as a different sort of smoking, which reminded me of a old classmate who's job during Chemistry lessons was "Guarding the spoon". Because the one time he was allowed to do practical chemistry he set fire to his own shoes.

Reminds me also of my A level physics teacher, who could not get through his very first day teaching science without setting fire to his tie.

How do I see this? I can see men-at-arms number and levies number. But can I see the breakdown? Need to open the save and check around I guess.

Oh, I've no idea. I don't have the game yet. Forgot levies were all different now…

Ah well, I was only curious.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The ERE seems weaker than I would have thought

Reactions:
Reminds me also of my A level physics teacher, who could not get through his very first day teaching science without setting fire to his tie.
Hahaha, glorious :D
Oh, I've no idea. I don't have the game yet. Forgot levies were all different now…

Ah well, I was only curious.
No problem. Hope the information above scratches the itch somewhat.
The ERE seems weaker than I would have thought
Well, they are reduced quite some after I beat them repeatedly. But yeah, they are pretty weak.

Reactions:
It is, imo, every CK3 player's duty to attack the ERE as early and often as possible.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Reactions:
Hahaha, glorious :D

He was quite the guy. Not only was he an elite athlete as a student, but in his school holidays he’d pop over to Africa to train orphaned lions. (To do what, I’m not entirely sure…)

Inadvertent self-immolation was thus perfectly in character :D

No problem. Hope the information above scratches the itch somewhat.

Yes, thanks. Interesting to see the comparison. As with Cora, I’m pretty surprised to see the ERE so weak, given how I’ve seen them do elsewhere. I suppose you got to all those rich(?) Tripolitanian lands first and the Crimea isn’t a like for like substitution(??)…

Reactions:
Yes, thanks. Interesting to see the comparison. As with Cora, I’m pretty surprised to see the ERE so weak, given how I’ve seen them do elsewhere. I suppose you got to all those rich(?) Tripolitanian lands first and the Crimea isn’t a like for like substitution(??)…
I was lucky they only got poor lands in Tripolitania, KoJ got much of Egypt before them and the crusades took much of the Middle East before they could move in. Then Carpathia stopped them from taking on Balkan.

Reactions:
The same thing happened for me; the Byzantines had barely taken anything in Northern Africa which gave me the chance to take Thessalonica and really take the edge off. After beating up on them for a few decades I got it so they're weaker than most of my vassals.

Reactions:
The same thing happened for me; the Byzantines had barely taken anything in Northern Africa which gave me the chance to take Thessalonica and really take the edge off. After beating up on them for a few decades I got it so they're weaker than most of my vassals.
Protip in CK3 right now, kill ERE asap. :p

Reactions:
Btw, as you can glean from the last chapter, we now only have one ruler left. After that, the AAR is over. And when will my next AAR come? I'm not sure. I've just got myself an Xbox Series X and me and my wife is deep into Red Dead Redemption 2. So I haven't played much CK3 lately. :p I have a France game going, but so far I haven't had much to tell from it.

Reactions:
Hamelin II was a mighty emperor.

Will the Pope like if you attack Jerusalem? Is Jerusalem Catholic?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Did you have any rulers die before 70? Be safe and have fun on Xbox journey!
Bertran was 65. Guy I, the What a Guy, was 67. Else the lowest is 71, a few got into the late 70s and early 80s. :)
Hamelin II was a mighty emperor.

Will the Pope like if you attack Jerusalem? Is Jerusalem Catholic?
They are Catholic yes, and also of my dynasty. I've let them live because of that. :)

Reactions:
We all know Butterfly cant' handle his drink, but vomiting in class is a new low even for him.

The poking stick shall be deployed to ensure he tidies up after himself.

I find it doubtful I'd manage to drink so much in a hour long lecture to vomit. Unless this is extremely early morning on a Thursday (the day after half price at the union). And even then...actually someone did void themselves in theatre once but I think they were food poisoned. All the actual alcoholics tended to be alright until midday, when the morning coffee caught up to them.

I was most disappointed. And surprised. I didn't imagine the young man would use expensive whisky, not to that extent and certainly not that he could afford it. What as waste, both of whisky and of potential talent...

This was defiently a frame up if I was drinking whiskey. Though it does remind me of a time when some exquisite example of engineering students snuck into a facism lecture with me and we did shots based on a grid we'd writ up beforehand. And it was Grey Goose so it was bloody expensive.

Managed to avoid every 'let's study facism and the naxis!' Module. With some difficulty. The high rise, high architecture class dipped into it somewhat.

Mr Butterfly, will you please smoke outside? I am seriously considering my options with you, young man… And is that tobacco or something else? Last chance!

I would remind you that parliament has designating taking the pipe as an artform thank you very much...though if you're talking about the ethylene glyco then...yeah, that is a bit concerning.

I read this as a different sort of smoking, which reminded me of a old classmate who's job during Chemistry lessons was "Guarding the spoon". Because the one time he was allowed to do practical chemistry he set fire to his own shoes.

In hindsight, teaching 12 year olds how to make rockets and challenging us to make them as efficient, aerodynamic or powerful as possible was a mistake. Esepcially as the field we were in wasn't all that large.

Well, the smell was sweet...

Mmm. Yeah, don't breathe too deeply.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Chapter XI - The reign of Emperor Stefen I
Welcome back, class – to this last lecture before the exams. Today we will cover the last medieval Emperor of Normannia, Stefen I. He was middle aged when he inherited the throne, 50 years of age, but would manage to set his mark on the era during the few years he reigned.

Mr Butterfly! If you want to listen to music, you do it outside my class, outside the lecture!

Right. The Emperor rose to office in 1438. His succession was disputed by all, as the man had converted to the Insular faith of his wife years before. The deeply Catholic realm did not want a heretic ruling them. Stefen I thus had to go out publicly to denounce his faith, reconverting to the Catholic faith in a public baptism done by the Pope himself. Doubts remained by some on how much this was a sincere conversion, but in all his remaining years the Emperor at least outwardly seemed like a devout Catholic.

In 1441, the huge treasury of Normannia again was depleted, as Stefen I decided to follow in his grandfather Lancelin II’s footsteps as a builder of epic proportions. During this one year, no less than 58 cities and 31 church settlements were founded – all of them in the now heartland of Africa – from Egypt in the east to Guinea in the west.

Speaking of Egypt, the expansion westwards continued under Stefen I, and in 1442 he declared war on the emirate of Shamir for control over even more of this resourceful land. The war was successful, but during it a disaster struck closer to home. Stefen I, for lack of a better description, became a raving lunatic. Possibly a result of brain cancer – this is disputed even today – the mind of the Emperor became clouded. Decrees of how to clothe during summer – he demanded furs and other warm clothing whenever a noble approached him during the warm summer months – to his demand of his servants to use earrings, whoever it was – made life in court difficult to say the least.

Lewis, stop snoring! Mr Pip, if you would?

vckQgE8.png

iQLDISE.png

86mekJb.png

Ahem. As a result of this mental illness, the last years of Emperor Stefen I the realms was in reality governed by his son and heir Prince Sewal. It was he who managed the details when Normannaia in 1449 participated in the greatly successful crusade for Persia, which in 1452 ended in a complete victory for the crusaders and another Hauteville realm created.

It was also him who decided to invade Byzantium yet again, for the control of Crete and Rhodes. It was, however, the Emperor himself who lead the assault on Constantinople, an assault which was successful – Constantinople fell – but also cost the Emperor his life. Details are sparse on what happened, seemingly the Emperor started a charge into the breech without notifying his men, but the end result was a severely wounded Emperor.

7eq9DpK.png

As the war neared its ending, Emperor Stefen I died of his wounds on January 1st, 1453, after 14 years of rule. His son Sewal I of Normannia, aged 31, took the reins and would lead Normannia into a new age – the renaissance. However, his reign is not part of Normannia 101.

I thank you for your participation, well those of you who actually bothered to do more than just show up for the points…. I especially want to highlight the great work of Cora and Mr Pip, I hope to see you in later subjects and foresee a great academical future for you both. Or, in Mr Pip’s case, possibly as an enforcer. I see qualities there too for you, young man!

BlSqnLD.png

Lastly, I will remind you all that the exams are close at hand now. Previous years’ exams, if you want to prepare even more, can be found in the university’s online portal under “Normannia 101”, then the folder “previous exams”. Good luck, all!

• 1Love
Reactions:
So that was it! I thank you all for following and commenting! :D

As a last favor, I would ask you to go to the ACA Q4 2020 the thread, found here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/q4-2020-acas.1449874/
and vote for your favorite AARs updated in Q4 2020. It does not need to be this AAR, of course. But I would welcome more votes, as we have seen very few of them so far, and it's only half a month left of voting!

Reactions:
It it just me or the Sub-Saharan Hautevilles seem... interesting to say the least! :D

An enjoyable AAR- and 133 Houses, 1504 living members. Tancred, the founder of the dynasty, would be proud!

Great work!

Reactions:
The amount of Norman culture in sub-Saharan Africa is… uncomfortable.

Congratulations on finishing. The result was never in any doubt, of course, but it's always fun to see the Hautevilles reach the astronomical heights which seem to be theirs by destiny. What does it mean that the dynasty contains 133 houses – is that a count of cadet branches?

Reactions:
Interesting how many Normans are in Africa. Wonder what it means for European history to have the strongest empire's heartlands outside of Europe?

Reactions: