• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

free jack

Corporal
27 Badges
Apr 19, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
With new map making techniques coming about I was wondering if someone with the necessary skills might be able to make a battlescenario on this mod. This battlescenario would have a completely new map which would be as big as like europe on hoi2 but cover just the western front (basically zoomed in on the map).

I recommend the map includes Belgium and a bit of Germany going down to Paris (and also the tip of dover so Britain has some territory).

With these smaller provinces certain ones could have very infrastruture to represent railways which were highly important. It would also allow that certain provinces could be heavily fortified representing a fortress or redoubt.

This would be great because with the mod as it is the entire western front is just 4 provinces wide and barely 2 deep which doesn't do justice to the scale of the conflict. And although the western front was relatively static there was often local movement which you just can't do on the 1914 mod as it is.

Other than big pushes the vast majority of attacks were for railway centres or ridges or other such vital areas and with 1914 you just can't do any of this.

Then haven events put units at a regular rate so the player knows (as a real commaned would) when the next batch of recruits are ready. So for instance when you get given 5 new units on the event text say when the next event is going to come.

I had another idea which I think would be quite difficult but would be very cool, when a reinforcement events come up have 2 choices. firstly just an accept button and the other an ask for more troops for an attack. This would give you say triple the amount of reserves in the next reinforcement but disable the next few reinforcement events after that. Through this you could build up forces for a big attack when you wanted to.

I love all the units and tech of this mod but having a more localized map would probably be much better.