• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a submod where there is only Britania? as I m on a computer and things don't go as fast as they should so if there is a submod please link it if not welp could someone make it, please? (also an only Scandinavia and only France submod would be great as well

Is there a submod where there is only Britania? as I m on a computer and things don't go as fast as they should so if there is a submod please link it if not welp could someone make it, please? (also an only Scandinavia and only France submod would be great as well

None as far as I know, sorry.

So I've been playing around lately and noticed that some Christian characters get the honorary title "diaconus". What does it do and how can a character get it ?

It's just cosmetic, IIRC. It's given to male, Christian characters with the Scholarly or Mastermind Theologian education traits that are over the age of 20, not landed, and not the Court Chaplain.

It's just cosmetic, IIRC. It's given to male, Christian characters with the Scholarly or Mastermind Theologian education traits that are over the age of 20, not landed, and not the Court Chaplain.
I understand.

These are the things that make this mod stand out from others: the vibe that you get while playing and the immersion in the historical narrative of the playable centuries of human history. Great stuff, love it !

I just want to say how much i love this mod, i just recently finished my first playthrough starting as arthur, aiming to unify britannia, reform the brythonic faith, expell the saxons and "bring the armoricans back into the fold"(of celtic paganism) took me 7 generations of rulers and a bit over 350 years to do, i kinda cheated a little bit at the start by making merlin and morgan immortal with the console, to have them as flavor side charachters through the whole campaing, but other than that i was suprised at how well balanced it all was, and i absolutely fell in love with the hold buildings you guys added, is it entirely native to this mod? is there something similar out there that i can slap into more vanilla-ish games, or HIP or something less focused on a single region? also, a small question and a small suggestion from my part :
  • I noticed there's a handful of small alan rulers spread around, how fleshed out are they, are they around just for accuracy/flavour to their neighbours, or are they fully fleshed out so you carve out a small iranian kingdom of your own?
  • i noticed theres a distinct lack of merchant rep. (makes total sense for the region/period) and the AI seems to just not form them, so other than the tiny trade route in mediterranean gaul, and the "establish mediterranean trade route" thing i noticed when playing in southern britain, i feel like there's a lack of trade related mechanics, it would be nice to get some fleshed out trade routes for the rest of the map, would absolutely love your guy's take on trade post buildings, and there could even be unique-ish products and origins for the routes (like the silk road/gold road of the vanilla game) like a "tin Road" from southwest britain to the mediterranean, a "lead road" from further north in britain linking to the tin road, amber road (baltic) etc, or stretching a bit of historical accuracy for certain cities that retained quite a bit of automy from the sub-roman and proto-feudal warlords of the period, and making them MR's.

I just want to say how much i love this mod, i just recently finished my first playthrough starting as arthur, aiming to unify britannia, reform the brythonic faith, expell the saxons and "bring the armoricans back into the fold"(of celtic paganism) took me 7 generations of rulers and a bit over 350 years to do, i kinda cheated a little bit at the start by making merlin and morgan immortal with the console, to have them as flavor side charachters through the whole campaing, but other than that i was suprised at how well balanced it all was, and i absolutely fell in love with the hold buildings you guys added, is it entirely native to this mod? is there something similar out there that i can slap into more vanilla-ish games, or HIP or something less focused on a single region?

The buildings are native to the mod, AFAIK I haven't seen any vanilla ports. It wouldn't be hard to do I think, at least for someone who knows how the files work, but it wouldn't work directly out of the box (you'd have to adjust the levy sizes and all the culture/geography references).

also, a small question and a small suggestion from my part :
  • I noticed there's a handful of small alan rulers spread around, how fleshed out are they, are they around just for accuracy/flavour to their neighbours, or are they fully fleshed out so you carve out a small iranian kingdom of your own?

The Alans aren't really fleshed out much, but they do have a creatable kingdom title and like all Romanized "barbarian" cultures they can try to Claim the Imperial Crown (basically creating an alt-Frankish Empire/HRE).

• i noticed theres a distinct lack of merchant rep. (makes total sense for the region/period) and the AI seems to just not form them, so other than the tiny trade route in mediterranean gaul, and the "establish mediterranean trade route" thing i noticed when playing in southern britain, i feel like there's a lack of trade related mechanics, it would be nice to get some fleshed out trade routes for the rest of the map, would absolutely love your guy's take on trade post buildings, and there could even be unique-ish products and origins for the routes (like the silk road/gold road of the vanilla game) like a "tin Road" from southwest britain to the mediterranean, a "lead road" from further north in britain linking to the tin road, amber road (baltic) etc, or stretching a bit of historical accuracy for certain cities that retained quite a bit of automy from the sub-roman and proto-feudal warlords of the period, and making them MR's.

Trade is something we've thought about a little bit before, but the dynamics of it would have to be quite different from vanilla, since a large part of the period is characterized by the gradual collapse of the old Roman Mediterranean-centric trading network (more advanced in some areas than others) and with it the overall transition from Roman(ized) bureaucratic states to what would eventually be the feudal system of the Middle Ages. In vanilla, trade functions mostly as a gold-generating machine that would be quite out of place considering the setting of the mod.

That's correct, merchant republics are more or less disabled, since they don't really make much sense for the region and time period (which of course was when cities and urban life in general went into serious decline). You could maybe plausibly make a case for some of the Mediterranean cities that didn't see as much disruption, especially in Provence, but if it anywhere is going to have merchant republics at this point in time it's probably going to be in Italy, I think.

Hey guys, been playing the mod for years now and I love it, I finally managed to do an Aenglaland playthrough and am just finishing up the last Cumbrian kingdoms to the north.
I have two questions:
1. How far does the Anglo-Saxon de jure title change go over Brittania? Does it go north into the highlands beyond Alt Clut, into Ireland even, or is it just confined to the historical borders plus Wales and a bit of Strathclyde?
2. Is there any way to play a Norse migrator/invader a la Great Heathen Army style, and if not are there plans to add it in to the game?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey guys, been playing the mod for years now and I love it, I finally managed to do an Aenglaland playthrough and am just finishing up the last Cumbrian kingdoms to the north.
I have two questions:
1. How far does the Anglo-Saxon de jure title change go over Brittania? Does it go north into the highlands beyond Alt Clut, into Ireland even, or is it just confined to the historical borders plus Wales and a bit of Strathclyde?

Just up to Alt Clut... in the currently released version, anyways.

2. Is there any way to play a Norse migrator/invader a la Great Heathen Army style, and if not are there plans to add it in to the game?

Not really. We do have some ideas for it, but as we're more or less wrapping up on CK2 development and moving onto CK3 it doesn't seem likely that it'll get added to the CK2 version. We definitely do want to implement a proper system for these sorts of invasions and it's fairly high priority, but it would have to wait until the rest of the mod gets rebuilt for CK3 (as well as if CK3 introduces new mechanics that makes implementing this sort of thing easier - it sort of is a bit barebones on that at the moment, certainly more so than CK2).

• 1Like
Reactions:

It's not exactly what you asked, but it's worth mentioning that you can console force one of the viking invasion events to fire at any point, and then switch to them to get that experience.

I like this mod a lot, so I made this. I'm pretty sure this is accurate for the next update.
Political setup 481.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
What's the event ID?
The first should be event 321640, which would be the Hårald of Daner.
A second is event 321660, Bjørn of Fyrkat
Another is event 321600, Gudrød
Another is event 321620, Harald of Svear
Finally, if you just want to go big, the Great Heathen Army is event 321680

Note that while the first couple do spawn viking armies, they're land-less raids, so they won't have any actual claims. You'll have to, for instance, console them 'claim c_medcaut" after they spawn so you can do something with after the initial raids.

Hello I just noticed a bug that when the Iclingas invasion fires, the event troops spawn on behalf of the target realm rather than the invader himself.

Which event exactly are you talking about, and do you have a save?