• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Potential improvement: make it so that the top liege title must have "Centralized" or "Highly Centralized" as otherwise the only thing my brother will inherit is the empire and Paris itself, the kingdom and two other counties going to my sons.

No. A "Primary title" part between "All of the following" and "One of these" is enough for that iirc.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Another (maybe) bug, this one I'm submitting based on what I think you devs' intentions are for cultures. I think that you guys strive for clean culture map modes. Hence why Saxons in British assimilate into Romano-British instead of Romano-Germanic. When Frankish begins to split into Dutch, Franconian, French, Occitan and Arpitan, all the regions are nicely defined so that you don't have these enclaves or other weird-looking things.
Except French can spawn in what is supposed to be Arpitan land.
1592975947844.png

In the event code, every exclusion is present except for the one that would forbid French from spawning in Sapaudia. It is kept out of the Dutch zone (Rhenum Inferior), the Franconian zone (Rhenum Media) and Occitan is kept out of the three duchies in Sapaudia that are also in Narbonensis.
Basically I'm just wondering if this is an oversight or working as intended.

Another (maybe) bug, this one I'm submitting based on what I think you devs' intentions are for cultures. I think that you guys strive for clean culture map modes. Hence why Saxons in British assimilate into Romano-British instead of Romano-Germanic. When Frankish begins to split into Dutch, Franconian, French, Occitan and Arpitan, all the regions are nicely defined so that you don't have these enclaves or other weird-looking things.
Except French can spawn in what is supposed to be Arpitan land.
View attachment 593542
In the event code, every exclusion is present except for the one that would forbid French from spawning in Sapaudia. It is kept out of the Dutch zone (Rhenum Inferior), the Franconian zone (Rhenum Media) and Occitan is kept out of the three duchies in Sapaudia that are also in Narbonensis.
Basically I'm just wondering if this is an oversight or working as intended.

Thanks, definitely an oversight. We'll fix that.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Spotted another thing, this one only upsets me because I'm really fussy about de jure set up.
1594878898132.png
1594878920136.png

Cinn Tire is the capital duchy of the kingdom of Dalriada, but the duchy and kingdom do not have the same de jure capital. Intentional or oversight?

I love this mod so, so much. This mod inspired me to read the Warlord Chronicles, and I loved them as well. Most of my posts on this forum are in this thread because I love and care about this mod. No other mod I have played have I taken such a keen interest in, and no other mod do I hope to succeed and thrive like I do this one. Thank you for working on this fantastic thing.

Spotted another thing, this one only upsets me because I'm really fussy about de jure set up.
View attachment 600443View attachment 600444
Cinn Tire is the capital duchy of the kingdom of Dalriada, but the duchy and kingdom do not have the same de jure capital. Intentional or oversight?

I love this mod so, so much. This mod inspired me to read the Warlord Chronicles, and I loved them as well. Most of my posts on this forum are in this thread because I love and care about this mod. No other mod I have played have I taken such a keen interest in, and no other mod do I hope to succeed and thrive like I do this one. Thank you for working on this fantastic thing.

Intentional, the site of the Cenél nGabráin (which Kintyre is based on) seems to have been at Dunaverty, at the tip of Kintyre.

Great to hear that someone likes this mod as much as we do. :)

I do not. Looking at the history, however, I found that he "Conquered [the province] as Leader of an Uprising". If that helps.

Well, we could take a look at that at least. Not sure if we'll be able to find anything though.

Decided to do an Arthur->Imperium Britanniarum game with a twist: being Hellenic. But I noticed that, due to the "Centralize the Church" reform requiring you to be a reformed religion, and only two of the Hellenic holy sites being in Britain, this isn't really feasible. What would you recommend? Reform the church, then become Hellenic? If so, what religion should I reform as?

Decided to do an Arthur->Imperium Britanniarum game with a twist: being Hellenic. But I noticed that, due to the "Centralize the Church" reform requiring you to be a reformed religion, and only two of the Hellenic holy sites being in Britain, this isn't really feasible. What would you recommend? Reform the church, then become Hellenic? If so, what religion should I reform as?

Yeah, it was mostly intended to do it either as Brythonic or one of the Christian religions. The easiest way to do it as a Hellenic is probably just to fabricate a claim on the closest holy site in Gaul (Treverorum or possibly Burdigala, which is more accessible) by appointing a chancellor of the right culture group. You could also switch to Brythonic, but you'll probably have to go through the Restore the Old Gods chain to get enough moral authority to reform; in general it's probably easiest to do it as a Christian, if you don't want to bother.

I don't think that the druidic succession works as intended.
After my character - the first druid, dies the title goes to another character and then the title stays in that family.

Do you have a save?

Scotland and Armorica Map Overhaul

For the next to-be-released major version, we've been working on a map overhaul of Scotland, trying to bring it up to speed with the rest of the British Isles which over successive overhauls has become significantly more detailed and historically accurate than the increasingly outdated Caledonian region. Nearly every province has been redrawn and a total of 15 new provinces added, better reflecting the local topography and helping to emphasize the divided nature and difficulty of controlling the large, relatively remote region. The south and east, especially, have seen all of their particularly large provinces cut up.

BSsUDIp.jpg

zg99EQC.jpg

With Pictavia getting particularly large, already one of the largest Celtic kingdoms in Britain, that kingdom has been split into two - Fortriu and Fotla, representing the Kingdoms of the Northern Picts and Southern Picts, respectively. The Northern Picts of Fortriu are those recorded by the Irish Annals and the Pictish King list who would eventually come to dominate all of the north and form the medieval Kingdom of Alba, while the southern Picts, partly Christianized even at this early date and probably centered at Scone, are much more obscure and seem to eventually have been fought over by Northumbria and Fortriu.

The main - and long overdue - change, then, to the de facto setup in 479 is moving the centre of the Pictish kingship to Fortriu and the Inverness area in the north, rather than anachronistically in Fife and Circind in the south, which would not become the political centre of Scotland until near the end of our timeline. Other historical Pictish kings during the rest of the timeline have been similarly moved from the south to the north.
T2Kbhxx.jpg

PLqNejH.jpg

The other part of the map that has seen a major overhaul is Armorica, which has also seen a very large increase in its number of provinces. This is somewhat less motivated by a desire to make its map more historically accurate, but rather more to increase its strength and strategic depth as well as better emphasize the large, dense Forest of Broceliande in the centre of the pennisula that partly isolated the region and was likely why the Franks never managed to take a strong hold on the region. Also important for a certain new mechanic that we haven't shown yet.
0an0IoY.jpg
oyd49sQ.jpg

The de jure structure in the area has seen little change, except for the addition of the Principality of Poher, which while much more obscure than the three main principalities of Kernev, Broerec, and Domnonea seems to have been of some importance during the time period.
yuZ1e4N.jpg

With regards to the history and setup, we've also added the historical colony of Saxons at the mouth of the Loire, likely part of the wave of seaborne settlers who raided and colonized all over the Gallic coast during the turbulent 5th century.
o9fl7Dl.jpg

Moving back to Scotland, we've added some highly requested content - should the Anglo-Saxons (or any Germanic culture, technically) manage to make conquests in the region, they'll be able to create new titles and de jure structures largely inspired by the later medieval Scottish counties, created on the English model. As in Wales, all these new shires and ealdormanries will be organized under the formable Earldom of Pictland.
SAs8vRR.jpg
iLzojWQ.jpg

And if the Anglo-Saxons decide to press further west instead and cross the Irish Sea - well, there'll be some content for that as well.
zAv88Yh.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions:
Will there be any changes to the Empire-tier Armorica formable? I ask mainly since you're already looking at overhauling the area.

Will there be any changes to the Empire-tier Armorica formable? I ask mainly since you're already looking at overhauling the area.

Nothing planned for the moment. Is there something you were thinking of in particular, e.g. being able to extend the further?

Nothing planned for the moment. Is there something you were thinking of in particular, e.g. being able to extend the further?

I did wonder if it would be extended further, but I don't know if it can since it already covers pretty much all of what's considered Armorica as is.

I did wonder if it would be extended further, but I don't know if it can since it already covers pretty much all of what's considered Armorica as is.

Well, I suppose there's something we can do about that.

• 1Like
Reactions: