• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes i’m Referring to the 410 start, I am playing as the angle king of Frisia and I want to invade England but my only casus belis are RAID casus belis

The only way to invade Britannia playing as a character on the continent at the moment is the special event chain avaliable to the Kings of Angeln at around 500 AD. The Anglo-Saxon invasions will start at around 440-450 AD, but will be from event spawned characters.

Version 1.10.3 Released!

Download Link: Version 1.10.3 - The Winter King - Compatible with CK2 3.2.1
Checksum: IRYC

Changelog:​
- Fixed syntax error in wonder_decisions
- Germanic rulers can now create duchies in Wales
- Fixed a number of localisation errors
- Fixed Dartraighe not properly being a vassal of Breifne
- Restricted many honorary titles from being granted to the same person
- Fixed Archdruid becoming unlanded right after reformation in some cases with Druidic leadership
- Fixed several papal-type religious head actions always being rejected
- Reduced chances of imprisoning characters on siege
- Fixed incorrect event picture size in Gaelic pagan Unfit to Rule event and missing icon in associated Abdication decision
- Made AI more aggressive in pursuing factions under a low Tribal Modifier liege
- Made AI waste a little less of their prestige raising Tribal Units in pointless wars
- Fixed being able to build multiple pagan Great Pillars as a Celtic or Germanic pagan
- The Bran's Voyage event will now only trigger for Gaelic pagans

Notes:
  • IMPORTANT: Be sure to completely delete all previous versions of BTWK before installing version 1.10.3. Not doing so will result in a corrupted installation that will almost certainly be unplayable.
  • This version should be compatible with any savegames started in version 1.10.0/1/2, though as usual we cannot guarantee that any bugs will be fixed retroactively.
  • A reminder that the Portraits submod requires the Celtic, Norse, Mongol, Early Western, and Iberian Portraits, as well as Monks and Mystics and Holy Fury. Please ensure that you have all of the required portrait packs before activating, as otherwise you will face graphical issues.
  • As usual, if you see any bugs, balance issues, or just weird behavior please feel free to report them so we can investigate and fix them.

When it says Germanic rulers can make duchies in Wales does that mean there are "new" Germanic duchies there or just that they can use the British de jure stuff if they ever get that far?

When it says Germanic rulers can make duchies in Wales does that mean there are "new" Germanic duchies there or just that they can use the British de jure stuff if they ever get that far?

They can create the British duchies there, just like in Ireland and Pictland. No new duchies for now.

Just curious, this seems to be the best place to ask this. Are there any graphical submods that use the improved English faces for the Anglo-Saxons and replaces the terrible old westerngfx faces?

Just curious, this seems to be the best place to ask this. Are there any graphical submods that use the improved English faces for the Anglo-Saxons and replaces the terrible old westerngfx faces?

Not that I know of, but most portrait mods should be (mostly) compatible as long as you disable our portrait module.

You can change the portraits at mod\Britannia\common\cultures\00_cultures. Just add "englishgfx" right next to "westerngfx" of the cultures that you want to modify (I recommend to add it for "anglosaxon" "oldfrisian" "frisian" "oldsaxon" "saxon" "jute" and "angle") Note: You will need to have the Monks and Mystics DLC for the english portraits

Also, for the devs. Can the MaM English portraits become the default for the previously mentioned cultures? The old western ones just look ugly in comparison to the other portraits. If not, I may write a sub-mod for the people who prefer then to look with the MaM portraits

Also, for the devs. Can the MaM English portraits become the default for the previously mentioned cultures? The old western ones just look ugly in comparison to the other portraits. If not, I may write a sub-mod for the people who prefer then to look with the MaM portraits

We're taking a look at how well the English portraits integrate with the current custom Anglo-Saxon portraits. Certainly we can make them the default if the Portrait module is disabled.

We're taking a look at how well the English portraits integrate with the current custom Anglo-Saxon portraits. Certainly we can make them the default if the Portrait module is disabled.
Also, there seems to be a headgear issue related to religion. Pagan King and Emperor tier title holders get the correct crowns, while Nicene non-tribal Christian Kings and Emperors are stuck with Duke headgear. Was this intentional?

Also, there seems to be a headgear issue related to religion. Pagan King and Emperor tier title holders get the correct crowns, while Nicene non-tribal Christian Kings and Emperors are stuck with Duke headgear. Was this intentional?

Which cultures have this problem?

Celts, Germanics, probably others.

Do you have a specific example/save? Nicenes seem to have the proper crowns as far as I can tell. Do you have the Portrait module enabled? Which graphical DLCs do you have, and are you running any other mods?

Hi, just a quick question from a newcomer: I'm playing as Arthur and I am now my nephew's regent. Is there an event to make me king, or hould I push my claim the old fashioned way? Thanks! Great mod, btw. I've been having a lot of fun.

Hi, just a quick question from a newcomer: I'm playing as Arthur and I am now my nephew's regent. Is there an event to make me king, or hould I push my claim the old fashioned way? Thanks! Great mod, btw. I've been having a lot of fun.

There is no event for Arthur to become king (contrary to expectations, in the books Arthur never actually becomes king, nor does he have the slightest inclination to, despite almost everyone practically begging him to).

There is no event for Arthur to become king (contrary to expectations, in the books Arthur never actually becomes king, nor does he have the slightest inclination to, despite almost everyone practically begging him to).
Ah, so that's where the content trait comes from. I've been mostly roleplaying him as that, as a satisfied subject. I may go the other way around and push my claim early in a next playthrough.
I haven't read the Winter King, nor I am particularly knowledgeable about Arthur's legend, but this mod has given the incentive to do so. I think I'll be picking it up this weekend.

Just a few more questions:
1- Playing in Dumnonia: I've been having the depopulation/migration to Armorica events which have been really tough and have kept me on my toes against the Saxons. Will they eventually stop by themselves or only when I expel the Germans from south Britain?
2- I've been looking through the culture folder and found a lot of interesting stuff but I couldn't find anything related to melting pots. I know there are some (Armorican -> Breton; Old Saxon -> Anglo Saxon, etc) but I was wondering: is there a melting pot for Romano-Brythonic as well?
3- My Arthur finally passed away during Justinian's plague well into his 80's. Was I just really lucky or does he start with higher health than usual?

3- My Arthur finally passed away during Justinian's plague well into his 80's. Was I just really lucky or does he start with higher health than usual?

A lot of unique characters have really high health stats, like 8 to 10 iirc, in order to make sure they live long enough to do something important. Arthur is one of them.

1- Playing in Dumnonia: I've been having the depopulation/migration to Armorica events which have been really tough and have kept me on my toes against the Saxons. Will they eventually stop by themselves or only when I expel the Germans from south Britain?

They'll stop completely after 620 or if you've expelled the Anglo-Saxons from the entire Southern Britannic Coast region.

2- I've been looking through the culture folder and found a lot of interesting stuff but I couldn't find anything related to melting pots. I know there are some (Armorican -> Breton; Old Saxon -> Anglo Saxon, etc) but I was wondering: is there a melting pot for Romano-Brythonic as well?

There are no melting pots or culture shifts with Romano-British as the parent culture, if that's what your asking. Romano-British is of course already a melting pot between Roman and Brythonic cultures.

Yes, Arthur starts with higher health than average (in addition to his congenital traits) as well as being less likely to die or get injured in battle. He usually lives quite long, although going into his 80s is probably longer than on average.