• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Field Medic: Good. At the start of the game, PM's the GM a list of 5 names. This list is unchangable. If any of these 5 people are attacked, due to the quick response of the medic, they have a 45% chance of merely being wounded, rather than killed.

How does this help the village? Does it even help the village?
And why only 45%?

(sorry for asking a lot of questions, just following the instructions in the first post..)

Sentry (Witness): Good. Whenever the player is on sentry duty, he/she has a 15% of stumbling across nightly actions by saboteurs. In the event they do, they have a 5% chance of killing the enemy, a 5% chance of being killed by the enemy, a 10% chance of being wounded, and an 80% chance of escaping with the identity of one of the baddies.

How often can a sentry be on sentry duty? Every night?

How does this role contact a pack? They should be able to get 'wolf' as a scan result right?

No, they can scan cultists and wavering villagers. Cultists are said to be pack affiliated, so that's the only way to get into a pack, or convince a wavering villager to turn.

As for the doc knowing of his patient's role, I've never heard of that. I've seen the patient knowing who the doctor is if he survives, but not that the doctor knows what role his patient has.

Holy multi posting batman!

How does this role contact a pack? They should be able to get 'wolf' as a scan result right?
Edit: What Euro said

Does the doctor know anything about the person he saved? Other games have the rule that the doctor knows wether the person he saved was a wolf or not. Now there is a small opening for mistrust. Not sure if it matters though.

The doctor does not discover the role or traits possessed by anyone he saves

What oversight?

Edit: bah, ninja editing xD
Edit2: About the sentry - you'll have to wait and see, I'm keeping that role slightly under my hat
And about the Field Medic - yes, as after spending a day in the hospital (where they are un-huntable) they will return to their unit fit and healthy and will continue just as before the attack

As for the doc knowing of his patient's role, I've never heard of that. I've seen the patient knowing who the doctor is if he survives, but not that the doctor knows what role his patient has.

I'm pretty sure I read that in the rules of one of the previous big games. The doctor would know if the person they saved was a wolf or not. I'll have to look it up I guess.

Again, I'm not sure if this makes any difference, as I presume doctors don't save people at random - and they would have an inkling just from the fact that that person was hunted, I guess :)

[COLOR="DarkOrange]Edit: I think I'll be handing out roles Wednesday, as I'm going home to annoy my parents for a few days, and johho and Teep both are not going to be here for a couple of days (they signed up yesterday via PM)[/B][/COLOR]

OK, I believe that means first night orders in on Thursday.
First real day of voting is Friday.

If I'm correct on this, I'm In

How does it work with packs? This is my first Big Game, and from what I gather, the wolves won't know all other wolves, but only the wolves in their pack?

Correct.

AVN is also correct, unless, there's so many people signed up by Tuesday night I can't not start it :p

How does the ''wounded'' dynamic work?
I take it once a player is wounded so many times he dies

How does it work with packs? This is my first Big Game, and from what I gather, the wolves won't know all other wolves, but only the wolves in their pack?

In big games, there is often more than one pack. The packs don't know of the other packs, but to win, a pack must eliminate the other pack(s) and reach parity with the village.

How does the ''wounded'' dynamic work?
I take it once a player is wounded so many times he dies

I don't envisage any one player getting wounded so many times for that to be an issue.

But you have a point, so, shall we say, 3 wounds, then you die?

I don't envisage any one player getting wounded so many times for that to be an issue.

But you have a point, so, shall we say, 3 wounds, then you die?
Yeah, that seems about right
But what actually happens to a player when he is wounded, is it the same as a doctors patient, he can't vote or post inside information, or use a special ability?

In

No, it would be the person who sent in the hunt order who had a chance of dying, and therefore it's not just for wolves, it could kill anyone who has a 'hunting' role or trait
Can you please handle this to not only be able to kill the person who send the order, but choose randomly from a pack if a wolf made the hunt. Because else there might be wolves in a pack who will not send in hunt orders because they are afraid to die. It will also be more likely for the active wolf to be killed and I don´t like that. I think everyone in the pack should have the same chance of dying by this, but I know not all GM´s handle it that way. I would just like you to reconsider this.

Can you please handle this to not only be able to kill the person who send the order, but choose randomly from a pack if a wolf made the hunt. Because else there might be wolves in a pack who will not send in hunt orders because they are afraid to die. It will also be more likely for the active wolf to be killed and I don´t like that. I think everyone in the pack should have the same chance of dying by this, but I know not all GM´s handle it that way. I would just like you to reconsider this.

I hadn't thought of that, good point.
It shall be done.

That could be interesting with mine :p

Last week I saw an ad for the movie Lawrence of Arabia, and I thought: "hey, what's jonti doing there"...

I still am more familiair with your old avatar than this one...