• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

joebthegreat

Practitioner of "Calm Rage"
6 Badges
May 13, 2006
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
WEREWOLF LXIV: WHEN ZOMBIE GAMES COLLIDE

resident-evil-5-image.jpg

left-4-dead.jpg

THE SETTING: Zombies

It's been a few years since the zombie abocalypse came and left. Everyone has gotten used to their new zombie form, and life carried on as normal. Things seemed peaceful and quiet in this small village in the middle of nowhere... but then, they came.

Zombie hunters. "Heroes" in their own mind. They brought with them a seemingly unlimited arsonal, and slaughtered any of us they could find. Our initial attempts of self defence were met with disaster, and one by one our defenders fell. Our end-level bosses, El Gigante, Del Lago, and the Uroboros, all fell to these monsters and their freakishly well placed bullets. It seemed like there was no hope. We were doomed. From a village of thousands, we were reduced to only a few.

But then, the unimaginable happened. They ran out of ammo, and were forced to go into hiding. They hid among us, taking advantage of our weak senses. We knew they were among us, but we didn't know where.

Every day we can come together as a hord, and eat the brain of what catches our attention. Every night they distract one of us and lead the poor unsuspecting zombie to his death. The question is, with our small numbers and limited abilities, will we be able to drive the invaders out?

THE SETTING: Heroes

It's been a few days since I stumbled into this hellhole. Even though I've been through countless near death situations, and have killed thousands upon thousands of zombies ranging from simple infected to giant beasts in the air, underground, or underwater. I wasn't expecting this at all. What are these things? These monsters! Their faces are all deformed and ugly! Maybe if I shoot at them and run around through their village breaking everything I can and stealing everything I find I'll get some answers!

We recently ran out of ammo, and we can't find it in the usual hiding places inside pottery or in the stomachs of dead zombies... this is bad. We only have knives, but we're incapable of moving and swinging our knives at the same time unless it's during a cutscene... and we've run out of those as well...

Every day the zombies come together in a horde and attack anything they think looks suspicious... the zombies senses are pretty weak, and if we pretend to act like them they won't notice us. Every night we can distract one of the zombies with something shiney, and lure it away to kill it. The question is, with our small numbers and limited abilities, will we be able to stop the zombie hord, and get the answers we deserve?

Signup is CLOSED

Last edited:
THE RULES

§1. You sign up for the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
§1a. No new players will be admitted into the game once it has started, unless they are replacing an existing player who is unable to play anymore.
§1b. You are responsible for keeping your private message inbox empty enough to receive private messages. You are responsible for any messages missed due to your inbox being full.
§1c. If you are not going to be able to play, announce it as soon as possible. Failure to do so will make you blacklisted, marking you as an unreliable player that won't be given a special role in the next Werewolf game you are participating in; special roles require reliable players.
§1d. Multiple blacklistings may result in you being banned from ever participating again.

§2. The game is split in two phases, night and day. The bad guys hunt during the night and everyone votes to lynch during the day.
§2a. Orders must be submitted to the Game Moderator before the deadline.
§2b. Lynchings are done by public voting. Whoever gets the most votes before the deadline is lynched. Correct voting is done by typing VOTE [INSERT NAME] in bold letters.
§2c. The deadline is 24:00(MIDNIGHT) UTC
§2d. Failing to vote before the deadline 2 times in a row, or 3 times total, will result in being subbed out of the game.
§2e. Forged Private Messages (PMs) are allowed. Screenshots of PMs are not.
§2f. PMs from the GM are not to be made public or sent to anyone else save its original target unless explicit permission is given from the GM.

§3. SPECTATORS AND GHOSTS MAY HAUNT, TAUNT AND FLAUNT, BUT NEVER REVEAL ANY INFORMATION (COMPILATION INCLUDED).
§3a. ANYONE CAUGHT REVEALING SECRET/INSIDE INFORMATION WILL BE *PERMANENTLY* BANNED FROM PARTICIPATION. NO EXCUSES ARE VALID.
§3b. When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-white colour.

§4. The good guys win when all evildoers are dead. The evildoers win when they eliminate the other evil packs and their pack is equal to or outnumbers the rest of the village. Unaffiliated baddie players win if they are alive in the end. They can help the baddies get parity if they are in contact with them.

§5. The abilities of the special roles override these rules in case there is any conflict.
§5a. Orders are handled in the following order:

1. Lynch
2. Protection orders
3. Scan Orders
4. Hunt Orders.

But the specific order will only be known by the GM.

§6. The Game Moderator is always right.
§6a. If the GM is wrong, §6 will be applied...

§7. Don't trust anyone!

THE ROLES

• Zombie(Villager) - these zombies have no special abilities or powers, and are only effective as part of a hord.
  • Umbrella Manager(Seer) - he works for the diabolical company of Umbrella, and as such is the leader of the zombie hord. He has the ability to look into one person every night. He can determine whether or not they are a hero(wolf), or if they have a mutation(aura of pure good).
  • Witch(Priest) - once every night the witch will use her powers to check someone and see if they are a survivor(cultist), the weapons dealer(sorceror), or if they have a mutation(aura of pure good).
  • Hunter(Hunter) - a special breed of zombie that can kill one of the heroes(wolves) if attacked at night. The hunter may also choose to attack one person during the game, but the energy required to pull off this attack means that if the hunter doesn't kill and eat the brains of a hero(wolf), survivor(cultist), or the weapons dealer(sorceror) he will die.
  • Licker(Doctor) - the licker is a special breed of zombie that can choose to protect one person each night. The licker will be able to fight off the attackers, but the injuries to the victim will keep that player from being able to do anything for the next 24 hours, and the victim will have a 50% chance of dying after that.
  • Boomer(Witness) - the boomer is a special breed of zombie that can witness attacks and vomit to mark somebody. Once during the game the boomer may attempt to see an attack during the night. He will have a 10% chance on the very first night. Every night thereafter will increase this chance by another 10%. The boomer may also vomit on one person once during the game. This will leave that person marked for 24 hours without giving away the role of the boomer.
  • Tank(Guardian Angel) - the tank is a special breed of zombie that can choose one person to protect each night. If that person is attacked, the tank will fight off the attackers with no harm coming to the person attacked or the tank.
  • Brother(Brother) - these two people were brothers before they became zombies, and know everything about each other including roles and traits.
  • Damsil in Distress(Apprentice) - this stupid woman is easy to capture. If scanned by any scanner she will immediately become the apprentice of that scanner and will take over that role if the person dies. If she's scanned while the apprentice of somebody she will switch over to becoming her new scanner's apprentice. If she is scanned while assuming the role of a dead scanner she will stop having that role and become the apprentice of whoever scanned her. Whatever is happening, if she is scanned she will become that person's apprentice.
  • Hero(Wolf) - the heroes from various zombie movies and games. They are dangerous, and once every night they will lure a zombie away from the pack with something shiney and then kill them. They will fight each other if given the chance, as both view this town as their "territory".
  • Survivor(Cultist) - a survivor that hid from the zombie hord during the outbreak. A survivor will be either free-ranging or pack-specific. A pack specific cannot change his affiliations, but a free-ranging can. Any survivor in contact with a hero(wolf) group will help them get parity. Survivors don't kill, but if everyone else in the hero(wolf) group a survivor is affiliated with dies the survivor will grab a knife and turn into a hero(wolf).
  • Weapons Dealer(Sorceror) - without ammo the weapons are useless, but the weapons dealer hidden in the shadows can deal in more than just weapons. Every night the weapons dealer will be able to watch one person from the shadows, and learn if they are the umbrella manager(seer), the witch(priest), a hunter(hunter), a survivor(cultist), have a mutation(aura of pure good), and maybe even more.

THE TRAITS

• Curable(Cursed) - the infection hasn't completely gotten to this person yet. If the heroes(wolves) get to this person they can cure them and turn them into a group-affiliated survivor(cultist). This person can't ever leave the group that turns them.
  • Infected with Las Plagas(Blessed) - if this person is lured away and killed by the heros(wolves), they will have their head explode, and a giant tenticle worm looking thing pop out. This will stun the heroes(wolves) long enough for the person to escape. The heroes(wolves) and the person attacked will know what happened, nobody else will notice anything.
  • Self Aware(Spiritually Attuned) - this zombie's senses are stronger than most. If somebody scans this zombie at night, he will have a 100% chance of knowing he was scanned, a 50% chance of knowing who did it, and a 10% chance of knowing the role of who did it.
  • Brutal(Brutal) - hero(wolf) specific. This hero(wolf) isn't going down without a fight. If lynched, he will be able to kill one person with him.
  • Has Megaphone(Leader) - zombies like megaphones, but aren't good at using them. Once during the game a person with a megaphone can change the lynch target to somebody else by shouting their name through the megaphone. If the person is any kind of zombie(goodie) they will then accidentally break their megaphone. If the person is a non-zombie(baddie) character they will have multiple uses of the megaphone.
  • Has Mutation(Aura of pure good) - This mutation makes the person so obviously a zombie that anyone scanning them will immediately know there's no other possible role that person can have.

Rules, roles, and traits are not set in stone until the game starts. Until then, I'm open to any issues, arguments, or suggested changes to rules, roles, and traits. I would appreciate any help someone more experianced with GMing could give as to how I could make this game more balanced and/or give it a better atmosphere. Once the game starts though, the rules, roles, and traits will be set in stone, and any disagreements will be punishable by death.

PLAYER LIST
1. dublish the hunter died on night 1
2. punkbob the hero died on day 3
3. the_hdk
4. jonti-h the curable zombie died on day 1
5. Heimdall the witch(priest) died on night 2
6. White Daimon
7. humancalculator the hero died on day 2
8. Avernite as Brains
9. EUROO7 as Zombie Ananas
10. Byakhiam
11. sbr
12. Cuthuthulu the brutal hero died on night 1
13. (XenomorphII)Jensthemens
14. k-59
15. Slinky
16. theFreeman the zombie leader with a mutation died on day 4
17. Ahura Mazda
18. Lalalilo the hero died on day 5
19. Teep the brutal hero died on day 1
20. jacob-Lundgren
21. Eu_proof the mutated zombie died on day 3
22. Jopi

SUB LIST​
1. jonti-h
2. Lord Strange

Last edited:
shaun-of-the-dead-trio.jpg

In as Shaun.

Last edited:
Gah. Awful deadline, skipping this one.

When will you be starting this game?

Gah. Awful deadline, skipping this one.

Really? I never figured deadlines had much importance beyond votesnipes and the GMs conveniance... do you votesnipe that often?:confused:

EDIT: I'm editing when the game will start into the original post...

Last edited:
Really? I never figured deadlines had much importance beyond votesnipes and the GMs conveniance... do you votesnipe that often?:confused:

EDIT: I'm editing when the game will start into the original post...
No, but I like to stay around the deadline in case somebody DOES snipe or I want to snipe or bandwagon someone or something.
Also, I like reading updates before sleep :)

In as Zombie Genghis Khan

Do I dare joining a joeb-game? :eek:o

;) :p

In!

Oh come now! You can't be scared of joining my games until AFTER I get a bad reputation for meta-hunting you even though the wolves sent in a different order! ;)

Sorry, but this is a horrible deadline for me.

I will have to stick this one out.

Sorry, but this is a horrible deadline for me.

I will have to stick this one out.

Wait, never mind, I misread when the deadline is.

IN!

EDIT: My character Dr. Phil (In zombie form!!!!).

Last edited:
In as Brains!

Would that be brains in a bowl, a big floating brain, a brain that slithers along the ground like a snail, or some other variety?

In as Zombie Ananas. :cool: