• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Capibara

Werewolf Huēyi Tlahtoāni
90 Badges
Mar 28, 2007
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
Previous games

Werewolf Lite CXXV: Gladiator Games

800px-Gladiators_from_the_Zliten_mo.jpg

Rome. 108 AD. Our great emperor Trajan has just finished his victorious campaign in Dacia, incorporating it as the newest province of the mighty Roman Empire. To celebrate his victory, he has organized games for one hundred and twenty days. For this purpose, exotic beasts have been brought from all the corners of the Empire. However the main attraction, will be the gladiator fights and you, the best gladiators of all the Empire have been brought here to Rome to give the people the best show of their lives. They are expecting to see epic and bloody fights between the best swords of Rome. The winners will get a great reward, their freedom. So get out and give the best you have! But beware, some of the rich people from the upper classes have put money in some of the Gladiators and will help them in order to win. No matter what it takes.

RULES:
There will be 17 players, no more, no less. Roles will be handed out after #17 signs up. Everybody will get a PM.
The game will then proceed to a day deadline - i.e. you lot lynch some poor devil on the basis of suspicion, fear and a hint of metagaming. [Of course, you can always create a Lemeard-approved TIE. Beware as wall of Crovaxians slips!]

The Roles
1x Veteran Gladiator (Seer): A veteran gladiator who is about to retire, but has accepted this last challenge. He knows the gladiators well and can detect each night whether if he is an ordinary gladiator or a cheater one.
4x Favored Gladiators (Werewolves): Gladiators who have a handicap and will do anything that is needed to achieve victory in the games to win their freedom. Win if they achieve parity with the gladiators.
12x Gladiators (Villagers): The best fighters of all the Empire, you kill to survive and to entertain the people, do it one more time and you’ll be free.

(NOTE: Obviously, the players are encouraged to choose appropriate characters to play as, and to roleplay if they like. However, if a player does not choose a character, one will be selected for them at such time that something happens to them, usually something bad.)

Deadlines for votes are given by 10:00 am Pacific Standard Time, using the forum’s all wrong clock.(PLEASE CONVERT THIS TO YOUR OWN TIME ZONE IMMEDIATELY TO AVOID FUTURE CONFUSION). A vote at 10:59 will count, whereas a vote at 11:00 will not. For future reference, this post has been made at 21:24 pm, so deadline would be in twelve hours, thirty six minutes.

Game starts with a day deadline.

Winning:
The Veteran Gladiator and Gladiators win by eliminating all of the Favored Gladiators. The Favored Gladiators win by achieving numerical parity with the other players, at which point they can reveal themselves and win in a straight fight.

Other Rules:

§1A. - You sign up to the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
§1B. - No new players will be admitted after the game has started, EXCEPT if substituting for another player.
§1C. - You may at any time be substituted out by requesting so in the thread.
§1D. - Players are responsible for any Private Messages (PMs) missed due to inbox being full.

§2. - Orders and votes submitted after deadline are ignored.

§3A. – Players will vote daily. Should they not vote, THEY WILL BE REPLACED. There will be no exceptions unless the Game Moderator states otherwise.
§3B. – Invalid votes (Voting for Game Moderator/Ghosts) will not be accepted.
§3C. – In the event of a TIE, BOTH players will be executed.
§3D. - The player(s) with the majority of votes at deadline is considered dead. He will not reveal any inside information after the deadline.

§4A. - SPECTATORS AND GHOSTS MAY HAUNT, TAUNT AND FLAUNT, BUT NEVER SUGGEST ANY COURSE OF ACTION OR REVEAL ANY INFORMATION. ANY ACTION WHICH CAN AFFECT TO THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME IS FORBIDDEN. ANYONE CAUGHT DOING IT WILL BE *PERMANENTLY* BANNED FROM PARTICIPATION. NO EXCUSES ARE VALID.
§4B. - When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-white colour.
§4C. - Also please do not use the GMs color

§5. - Alliances and Feuds which aren't based on your characters or roles in the game between players are forbidden. Alliances and Feuds which continue from one game to another undermine the whole idea of the game.

§6A. – The Game Moderator has the last word on all matters.
§6B. – If the Game Moderator makes a mistake (e.g. with the vote count, hunt orders), if critical information has been revealed, the mistake will be kept.

§7A. – Forging PMs is allowed. Screenshots of PMs is not.
§7B. - Posting or quoting of PMs from the GM is not allowed - real or forged.

§8. – Voting must be done in the following way. Write "VOTE" and the person you are voting for in size 4 bold text. For example:

VOTE X

If you wish to un-vote someone, write "UNVOTE":

UNVOTE X, VOTE Y

Any other type of voting will not be counted and will make you eligible for subbing. In case of re-voting without un-voting the original vote will be the counted vote. DO NOT EDIT VOTES AFTER POSTING THEM.

§9. – Trust no one. Especially not the GM.

§10. - EUROO7 is a doctor and will deal with all medical problems.

Players

1. Jensthemens > joebthegreat 2
2. Thistletooth
3. EUROO7, the Gladiator was killed on day four.
4. sbr > jonti-h 2, was killed on night six.
5. Teep, the favored gladiator was killed on day six.
6. Byakhiam > jonti-h 3
7. joebthegreat, the Gladiator, killed on day two.
8. Lemeard, the favored Gladiator was killed on day five.
9. jonti-h, the Gladiator was killed on the first night.
10. Steed, the Gladiator was killed on day three.
11. Lalalilo > Hax, the Gladiator was killed on day six.
12. punkbob, the Veteran Gladiator was killed on night three.
13. Mr.G
14. Nautilu, the favored gladiator was killed on the first day.
15. THE_SPLIT, the gladiator was killed on the second night.
16. AOK.11 > THE_SPLIT 2, the Gladiator was killed on night four.
17. HJ Tulp > Rysz

Subs

Last edited:
I'm a DOCTOR, damnit! :mad:

Until the rules are fixed, I refuse to grace this thread with my entrance. :nose:

Really? Oh, well, I was looking forward to having you in my game, but it looks it'll have to be another day.

Btw, new update of my AAR, you can now know the ultimate fate of Ranieri :D

It is my policy to only play in one WW game at a time. So unfortunately I'll be sitting this one out.

Capi, you also forgot the part about the glorious, Lemeard-approved TIE and the part saying to beware of Crovaxian slips that have become customary for WWL rules. :cool:

I never! :<

My rules are from old times, but it seems I'll have to include them, otherwise I'll be facing a rebellion lead by EURO :)

My ego is not satisfied.

And I'm far too busy GMing the other game to join a Lite.

I depart.

Thistle: Not if isn't? :p

I will join if TT and AOK join.

I'm in only if AOK, EUROO7, Heimdall, Thistletooth, and sbr all join... and only if AOK joins as the 7th plater, Heimdall joins as the 12th, and sbr is the last person to join... if these set requirements are not met then you can place me as the 17.5th sub damnit! :mad:

Nevermind I stopped caring entirely...

IN

in

In