• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jingles

Colonel
10 Badges
Jan 26, 2006
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • 500k Club
Journey to America

800px-Statue_of_Liberty%2C_NY.jpg

Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
-Inscription at the base of the Statue of Liberty

The Setting:

The year is 1908. The industrial revolution has taken Europe and North America by storm. The world is changing quickly, yet not quickly enough for some. Millions of Europeans are still suffering from overpopulation, poverty, starvation, and oppression.

Seeking to make a better life for themselves and their descendants, they look across the Atlantic to America, known as the land of freedom and opportunity. After a grueling ocean journey of over 3,000 miles, you and your fellow immigrants arrive at the federal immigration station at Ellis Island, New York.

However, not all Americans are supportive of such large scale immigration. In the previous year of 1907 1,004,756 immigrants were processed at Ellis Island, and this flood has stoked the fires of nativism. Some Americans fear that their jobs and culture are being threatened.

Newspapers are circulating stories about angry nativists plannning to disguise themselves and violently prevent immigrants from coming to the country.

There is also a humanitarian worker who has gotten to know all of the immigrants and wishes to help them.

Rules:

There shall be seventeen (17) players. Special Roles will be handed out after the last person signs up. Everyone will a receive a PM - even villagers.

The game will then proceed to a Day deadline.

The game is divided into two periods - night and day. For practical reasons these two periods take place at the same time, from one update till the next.
Each day, all players gather and decide to lynch one of the players - the person they think is most likely to be a werewolf. Each night, the werewolves decide who to kill. In each 24 hour period, the village will lynch, and the werewolves will hunt. The villagers can try to lynch multiple people by creating a glorious, Lemeard-approved, TIE, and the werewolves can also decide not to hunt anyone at all at night. Beware of Crovaxian slips as well!

Winning:

The werewolves win if they manage to reach parity with the villagers.
The villagers and seer win if they manage to kill all the werewolves.

Player Roles:
12 X Immigrant (Villager): The simplest role, a villager knows nothing for sure, but can use the power of his vote to help lynch others.
4 X Nativist (Werewolf): A sinister, evil player who, along with his partners(packmates), try to eliminate all the good players. Each night, the werewolves hunt a player.
1 X Humanitarian (Seer): Can scan one person each night to check to see whether he is a werewolf or villager.

Roleplaying:
For the purposes of this game, players are strongly encouraged to pick a (relatively) historical ethnic European immigrant for their character. For example: A Russian Jew, a German, an Irishman, a Swede, a Pole, an Italian, etc.

Please also include a name with your character: For example: Sean O'Malley the Irishman.

In some exceptional cases, 2 characters of a given ethnicity will be allowed, such as 2 Swedes or 2 Poles.

These characters will be used by the GM for the purposes of storytelling in the updates. If you do not select one, the GM may provide one for you.

The Deadline:

DEADLINE FOR VOTES AND OTHER STUFF IS 3:00pm PST (22:00 GMT, 23:00 CET, 6:00pm EST, 04:00 China Standard)

A vote posted at 2:59pm will count. One posted at 3:00pm will NOT!
Voting Ends At Deadline Even If Game Moderator Is Not Present!

Other Rules:
§1A. - You sign up to the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
§1B. - No new players will be admitted after the game has started, EXCEPT if substituting for another player.
§1C. - You may at any time be substituted out by requesting so in the thread.
§1D. - Players are responsible for any Private Messages (PMs) missed due to inbox being full.

§2. - Orders and votes submitted after deadline are ignored.

§3A. – Players will vote daily. Should they not vote, THEY WILL BE REPLACED. There will be no exceptions unless the Game Moderator states otherwise.
§3B. – Invalid votes (Voting for Game Moderator/Ghosts) will not be accepted.
§3C. – In the event of a TIE, BOTH players will be executed.

§4A. - SPECTATORS AND GHOSTS MAY HAUNT, TAUNT AND FLAUNT, BUT NEVER SUGGEST ANY COURSE OF ACTION OR REVEAL ANY INFORMATION. ANY ACTION WHICH CAN AFFECT TO THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME IS FORBIDDEN. ANYONE CAUGHT DOING IT WILL BE *PERMANENTLY* BANNED FROM PARTICIPATION. NO EXCUSES ARE VALID.
§4B. - When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-white colour.

§5. - Alliances which aren't based on your characters or roles in the game between players are forbidden. Alliances which continue from one game to another undermine the whole idea of the game.

§6A. – The Game Moderator has the last word on all matters.
§6B. – If the Game Moderator makes a mistake (e.g. with the vote count, hunt orders), if critical information has been revealed, the mistake will be kept.

§7A. – Forging PMs is allowed. Screenshots of PMs is not.
§7B. - Posting or quoting of PMs from the GM is not allowed - real or forged.

§8. – Voting must be done in the following way. Write "VOTE" and the person you are voting for in size 4 bold text. For example:

VOTE X

If you wish to un-vote someone, write "UNVOTE":

UNVOTE X, VOTE Y

Any other type of voting will not be counted and will make you eligible for subbing. In case of re-voting without un-voting the original vote will be the counted vote. DO NOT EDIT VOTES AFTER POSTING THEM.

§9. - The GM can and will remove players if the GM believes the player is not participating at his/her full capacity. This will be done through the use of killing the player's role, or using substitutes, if they are available. All such decisions are made solely at the discretion of the GM. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE GAME IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T PARTICIPATE.

§10. – Trust no one. Especially not the GM.

Players:

1. the_hdk (previous GM) as Vito Corleone the Italian
2. Slinky as Akeem the Zamundan was hunted on Day 3.
3. Hellvink as Maatt the Finn
4. THE_SPLIT as Stanislaw the Pole was hunted on Day 4
5. jonti-h as Jack the Englishman was lynched on Day 4
6. Eu_Proof as Gösta F Hansson the Swede
7. Heimdall as Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin the Russian
8. Lemeard as Arnold the Austrian
9. k-59 as William the Englishman was lynched on Day 2
10. EUROO7 as Pierre the Frenchman was hunted on Day 1
11. humancalculator as Mario the Italian
12. Capibara as Jaroslav the Czech
13. punkbob as Laszlo the Hungarian was hunted on Day 2
14. Jamie550 as Friedrich the German
15. Mr. G as Ezekiel the Jew was lynched on Day 1
16. Nautilu as Sean the Irishman was lynched on Day 3
17. Jensthemens as Trygve Ragnar Jonassen the Norwegian

Subs:
1. Mr. G
2. punkbob

Events:
1. Mr. G the villager is lynched and EUROO7 the villager is hunted
2. k-59 the villager is lynched and punkbob the villager is hunted
3. Nautilu the werewolf is lynched and Slinky the villager is hunted
4. jonti-h the werewolf is lynched and THE_SPLIT the villager is hunted

Last edited:
In

Maybe I can be in? If so would be my first game, so be gentle :p

Welcome, any experience with the concept of the game or is this your first time ever :)

In to not phail as hard as I did last time.

In as the Swedish Emmigrant Gösta F Hansson.

I hope the deadline times are correct. Please let me know if they are not. :)

Oh, and assuming all the spots are filled by tomorrow, role PMs will be sent out tomorrow night after 5:30pm.

In as Karl Nelson, Swedish immigrant.

Hunt Hellvink :D Oh, come on. Someone had to say it...

I hope the deadline times are correct. Please let me know if they are not. :)

Oh, and assuming all the spots are filled by tomorrow, role PMs will be sent out tomorrow night after 5:30pm.

To make sure everyone knows, indicate the time remaining in your vote counts (if you plan on doing them during the days, of course ;)).

In as Karl Nelson, Swedish immigrant.

Hunt Hellvink :D Oh, come on. Someone had to say it...

Eu_Proof already beat you with the Swede. I originally preferred to have every immigrant be of a different ethnicity, but I do realize that 17 ethnicities could be considered as too many.

I am open to allowing doubles of a few ethnicities. How do you all feel about it? It would not be too confusing since you are all choosing names for them :)

I'll be Prince Akeem

1077.jpg

Heir to the throne of Zamunda

Good God man, what reason could you have to not include the previous GM? :mad: