Werewolf Lite CLX: Doom of the WereYak, Part Two: Kabool, 850

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
DAY 1 PRELIMINARY VOTE COUNT - APPROXIMATELY 7.5 HOURS TO DEADLINE

THE_SPLIT - OrangeYoshi, jamie550, Xarkan
Xarkan - walrus
walrus - AVN, EUROO7
AVN - Lemeard
AOK. 11 - THE_SPLIT,, the_hdk,, Cymsdale, XenomorphII
XenomorphII - AOK. 11, marty99,,, nautilu
lemeard - trespoe, jonti-h

no vote - Rysz

I WILL REMIND PLAYERS TO READ THE RULES. MY RULES FOR VOTING ARE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FROM A TYPICAL LITE GAME IN THE PAST. I HAVE BEEN MERCIFUL TODAY, BUT I WILL NOT BE FROM NOW ON.

Dungeon Keeper 2, eh? Didn't think I'd hear that name ever again. Are you on Professional or Ultimate? There's a built-in XP virtual machine on those versions, try that? Information here.

Thanks, I'll give that a go :D

post 97

EDIT: I think Rysz is waiting for a massive votesnipe. he is the only one who hasn't voted.

Hmm, channeling his inner meard perhaps :eek:

Uh, what?

More votes is more information I can use. Its more information anyone can use. I am not sure what you are getting at. Perhaps vote analysis is a lost art in Lite these days and thus nobody understands this.

I can give you game examples to see how this works if you want.

What he was trying to say is that with two + days to go, there wasn't a real good analysis to go by, as everyone will change votes anyway in that time. People being run up were going to be patient and not panic, except Euro.

now, with somewhere around 12 hours to go, the votes get a bit more critical.
This
Thnx Trespoe
Now the voting can get serious
I suggest we wait for Rysz before we break the tie

The reason I waited till today for the vote is because I am starting to think a vote is utterly meaningless if it can be changed at a whim. I know AOK places hugh confidence in the votes, but what happened today, and what happens at so many Lite games lately, is that you can vote and vote and vote, and it doesn't mean anything. Because the voting has become a process in itself, got disconnected from the purpose of the vote (to lynch someone), especially in the beginning phases of the game.

AOK used to look at votes and see which people are taking care not to vote certain other people. That system used to work, but now there are some players who make 17 different votes just before the end of the third or even second day. So they voted everyone, including their packmates (if they are wolves).

Yes, I know that you also have to look at the votecount at the moment of the vote, but that changes so rapidly, that first it is a hell of a job to do that, and I certainly don't have time to do so, and second, even the wolves don't know if a certain votecount would be really dangerous to a packmate. And even if it were, a bandwagon at T-4h is very likely to be abandoned at T.

At Werewolf-in-the-living room, there is only one votemoment per day, and that vote really does say something. I am not saying we should go back to that, but a three-day voting period on the FIRST day (when there is no reason to differentiate in vote anyway) is absurd and I see no reason to join the madness.

Vote AVN

Because he tried a fake outing.

Ho, between reading the thread and making it to the vote on the end of that long post, something mixed up. Lem made a fake outing of AVN.

Unvote AVN
Vote Lemeard

sorry for the confusion

What tie? According to the GM votecount, AOK has 4, split and xeno have 3, and I just put Lem at 3 as well

Unvote AVN

Vote Rysz the second outed wolf and packmate of AVN

makesmoresense.jpg

You are stranger than usual today. :D

Since I'd much rather keep AOK in the game than Xeno... (if votecoutn = correct, it's currently tied 4-4 between those two)

Unvote Lemeard
Vote XenomorphII

Preliminary Vote Count, Day 1 ~ 30 minutes to deadline.

THE_SPLIT - OrangeYoshi, jamie550, Xarkan
Xarkan - walrus
walrus - AVN, EUROO7
AOK. 11 - THE_SPLIT,, the_hdk,, Cymsdale, XenomorphII
XenomorphII - AOK. 11, marty99, Rysz,, nautilu, Lemeard
lemeard - trespoe, jonti-h,

deadline!

2guefdg.jpg

Day 1

On the rocky slopes of the mountain approaches to Kabool, 18 warriors, gathered from across the Dar ul-Islam, awaken at dawn.

They have been sent by the Kalif to scout the vast territory leading to the mighty fortress-city and to examine the caravans and trade routes to and from it.

But as the bold soldiers of heaven awaken, they find that Rasheed, a young man from Damascus, was missing.

Well, not missing, per se, but undistinguishable in the pile of guts, brains, and blood that occupied the nook where he had slept the night before. Prints all around the disgusting mess indicated that the most dreadful course of events had happened--the shape-changing WereYaks had murdered Rasheed... and they were amongst the mujahadeen themselves.

Naturally, the only course of action was that prescribed by Abdallah ul-Muktarab bin Hajmutalla, the revered Damascene sage who had first studied the WereYak... members of an party that might be infiltrated by the WereYak should select, virtually at random, members of their number to be executed.

The warriors gathered, trying to piece together the events of the previous night... it was clear that the WereYak had gone back into the camp, but any defined trace of their path was obscured by the warriors' footprints.

And the debate commenced in earnest, until one candidate was determined, dragged screaming from the crowd, and his hands and feet sliced off with a scimitar.

As XenomorphII screamed in agony, it became clear that he was not going to transform into a WereYak.

And so the valiant warriors retired to their tents, their heads bent low in shame, shivering with the knowledge that they had murdered a good man.

That night, the sounds of death were silence for one of their number...

XenomorphII - the valiant warrior was lynched
trespoe - the bold mohammedan was torn limb from limb

Last edited:
hmmm... it seems I was off by an hour.

oh, well, it happens.....

AOK used to look at votes and see which people are taking care not to vote certain other people. That system used to work, but now there are some players who make 17 different votes just before the end of the third or even second day. So they voted everyone, including their packmates (if they are wolves).

I have learned to discern bullshit votes from valid votes pretty well. More votes still means more information.

In other news, decent first day. Hopefully the Seer scanned me so we can get past the ZOMG AOK phase and move on to more productive pursuits.

This
Thnx Trespoe
Now the voting can get serious

Most of the votes stayed put. I still fail to see what you and trespoe were getting at. Yes some vote cycles get exciting at the end, but many are set in stone after a short while and do not budge, especially in the opening day or two.

VOTES = Good for village
Any place, any time.

to clarify, i made a mistake: the deadline is 1100 EST. THIS IS 1600 GMT/UTC. I DIDN'T GET A LOT OF SLEEP LAST NIGHT, AND COMMENCED THE ACTION TURN AN HOUR EARLY TODAY. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN.

Rysz, if the wolves are getting too smart for you, perhaps it's time to quit? :rolleyes:

Wolves will always try to deceive, that's their job. If their deceptions are too hard for you, maybe your place would be better in the hands of another player.