• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Day 3 Final Vote Count
Official Day 3 Final Vote Count

Audren: 11
Wagonlitz [176]
Latinkaiser [alynkio 173 > 184]
the_hdk [187]
De Chat [189]
Spockyt [191]
Audren [EUROO7 179 > Wagonlitz 192 > 200]
Claude LC [202]
Yvanoff [174 > 204]
EUROO7 [208]
alynkio [216]
Witch Agatha [218]

Claude LC: 0

Wagonlitz: 0

EUROO7: 0

alynkio: 0

Note Voted: 0

Any Objections?

I'm embarrassed that I never thought to say "ant-ics" or "shen-ant-igans"

• 1Like
Reactions:
Night 3
Day 3

The day started off silent, as nobody knew what was going on. However, Wagonlitz suddenly brought forth some good news: Audren was not an ant, but an ant mimic! You all were embarrassed how you had not been able to tell the difference between yourselves from this fake ant. In fact, Audren was missing a few limbs, hinting that he had battled with Aedan the night before. You swarmed Audren to make him pay for the deaths of the many ants from the past few days. You were relieved that you had finally destroyed one of the ant mimics. Maybe there was hope left?

Myrmarachne_sp.jpg

Audren, as Sylvester Stallone as an Ant, the ant mimic was lynched during the day.

Night 3

With Audren dead, the ant mimics wanted to exact vengeance against the ant colony and there was only obvious target: Wagonlitz. He had given the ant mimics the perfect excuse to take him out, as he would not be around when all the ants’ votes would be tallied. While Wagonlitz was coming back to the colony late at night, the remaining ant mimics ambushed him and slayed him. While nobody were surprised by whom the ant mimics targeted during the night, the ants wondered whether they would have enough time to find all the remaining ant mimics.

Wagonlitz the drone ant was hunted during the night.

I'm embarrassed that I never thought to say "ant-ics" or "shen-ant-igans"
It's because you weren't a real ant.

Vote Alynkio

I literally don't understand what Wagon is trying to get out of this outing, but he's lying. I'm of the former JL, not him.

UNVOTE EURO
VOTE WAGONLITZ
Hilarious

Vote alynkio

Ant minics huh? I laugh, the GM laughs, and the ant laughs. We kill the ant.

Guess peeps want me dead now. Such are the vicissitudes of Werewolf, I suppose.

What can we learn from the death of Audren, murderous ant mimic?

VOTE ARKASAS

His day 1 vote pushes up already-known villager Arky. The biggest beneficiary is probably Latin Kaiser, but for reasons I'll get into more in a little, I don't really think LK was the intended beneficiary. Other possible beneficiaries were Spock (on whom I'm also leaning villager), DeChat, Audren himself, Agatha, and Claudius.

The past few days have been busy and stressful, so please forgive my terseness and relative inactivity. I'll just say that at some point, somebody needed to start pushing candidates into serious danger, and I happened to be the one who did with Arkasas. That's suspicious, obviously, but I'd argue that the actions near deadline are more fruitful grounds for investigation, since the stakes at that point are higher. LatinKaiser's votes are the most notable, but his earlier behavior with freaking out about Yvanoff honestly seems like villager rhetoric to me. De Chat's vote on alxeu makes no sense, but neither does the current pushback on him by alxeu and EURO. I'm still supportive of putting pressure of wombat, for simultaneously complaining about villager inactivity and remaining neutral on both the idea of a Day 1 TIE (which I have now learned to be terrible) and on the idea of a vote switch. I will attempt to be back by deadline.

VOTE DEATHBYWOMBAT
I forgot to add that Spockyt's angry response to Agatha's vote strikes me as somewhat villager-y.

We also already know that DBW is innocent too, but he mentions LK and Spock as appearing villagery to him. He clearly thought it important enough to emphasize that Spockyt's reaction to Agatha voting him for his (at that time) 1 post was villagery that it merited a double post. I actually found it rather defensive (in a potentially bad way) myself, but admit that Spock had a fair point -- Agatha's vote on him for 'vibes' off a single day 1 vote was pretty weak. Audren the wolf apparently really wanted us to read it as villagery though. I suppose it's possible Audren is trying to shield a packmate from suspicion here, but the more plausible scenario seems to be baddie-Audren trying to appear fair-minded and helpful to build goodie-credibility by defending a villager from a weak attack.

Like I said, I'm suspicious of the quiet players who put down votes and then disappeared, especially those who voted candidates who already had votes (i.e., aedan, Audren, and Spockyt) -- perhaps we could call them "The Single Vote Crew" or "The One-and-Done Gang," or one of those snazzy names that sounds like a lame boy band.

Furthermore, I see that none of them have turned up yet. Let's see what happens when we pressure them, shall we? I'm pleased to see that Wagon has already put a vote on Audren, so let's go with him.

Vote Audren (of the One Vote Trio)

LK Jumps on Audren quickly, despite Wagon's case being somewhat shaky (though, in fairness, most day 2 cases are somewhat shaky, I'd point out that Witch Agatha, by latching onto a candidate with no votes [despite that candidate going up to 2 for a while] is arguably sketchier as it's more deliberately burrowing one's head in the sand and not taking a position). Possibly explainable as an alibi vote, but LK and Audren proceed to engage with one another in the thread and Audren talks LK into voting for the poor maligned Wombat. Packmates almost never interact like this in the thread.

I partook in no shenanigans. I was never that enthusiastic about lynching DBW, and, after once again seeing that there was shockingly little resistance to lynching the frontrunner, decided to try to shake things up with a voteswitch to alynkio, who has been playing so lazily that he has managed to make Claude look active by comparison.

Unfortunately, EURO and Claude’s coordinated votes on me forced me to vote DBW to avoid my own death. Then EURO went a step further and killed not one, but two villagers.

And can we please address just how bad the case against alxeu was? It basically amounted to “oh he saved De Chat, and only a baddie would save De Chat.” That line of argument only makes sense if De Chat is a wolf, so why were people using it to lynch alxeu?
Fair points on your involvement, and I agree that that alxeu case was very bad. EURO's actions are much more inexcusable. Shaking up the frontrunner is fine, badly attempting a switch and then sniping into a TIE is not.

More LK -- Audren interaction. I guess the Euro vote could be an alibi. Euro blowing the village TIE on 2 useful villagers was relatively likely to get him attention. Preemptive sell-outs are pretty ice-cold though, and it's far from clear that Euro would have obviously been strung up had Wagon not outed Audren. The alternative, that Euro was a convenient villager scapegoat, thus strikes me as the more plausible narrative and thus Euro looks pretty villagery. Also, not sure what everyone who said I was being lazy was expecting from me -- it was day 2 of a quiet-ish lite. Was there really some brilliant case to be made? I'd contend that my vote on Agatha has held up much better than votes on, say Alxeu and DBW. I'd also point out that Audren doesn't even mention Claude, who is easily more guilty of deadline antics than LK, who was briefly brought into a quad-tie and moved his vote to defend himself.

From this I'm gonna read Euro, LK, and Spock as relatively plausible villagers. This leaves us with 3 wolves among Yvanoff, HDK, Claudius, Agatha, and DeChat.

Can't help but notice that Audren followed Yvanoff on DBW. Somewhat unlikely that packmates would line up their votes like that (though it does happen occasionally). Slightly more likely Audren pounced on a case made against a potentially troublesome villager like DBW. Other than this, not much of a read on Yvanoff.

HDK has been extremely quiet. Then again, he seems to always play like this, so he's really a blank slate. Tempting to read him as a baddie, but I've learned from the last few games simply assuming so from his being quiet is wrong-headed.

Still think Agatha is a fine lynch. Her Spock vote day 2 was pretty bad, to the extent that Audren perhaps felt the need to build village credibility by defending Spock in the thread, and complete with the potential wolf-tell 'I might switch'. Don't wanna tunnel her into oblivion, though.

My Claude comment from earlier probably would benefit from some clarification. Obviously defending oneself from the lynch is neutral -- goodies and baddies are both well advised to do it; Goodie Claude is more likely to forget to in my experience -- wolf Claude is slightly more engaged. Claude's behavior on Day 2 is a bit hard to parse, however. First he dogpiles on our innocent Marsupial comrade, despite claiming to prefer LK (who is probably a goodie in my book), ostensibly to prevent deadline shenanigans. Then, almost as if waiting for permission from Euro, he switches to LK, creating a 4-way tie with 2(!) minutes until deadline, and a mere 3 minutes after he claimed he didn't want 'last minute issues'. I can respect creating chaos, but this really just feels malicious.

My read on DeChat so far has been relatively neutral, but a few things do jump out. He was the first Claude voter day 1 (a classic alibi vote maneuver), his Alxeu case really was kind of nonsense, and I don't like the way he's bandwagoning me today. This is stuff I'd usually look the other way on, but put together it's kinda suggestive.

So. I'd argue our final 3 wolves are Claude, Agatha, and DeChat. Possibly with HDK in place of DeChat.

VOTE CLAUDE

well im busy with work and writhing my thesis last few weeks...all till december...so inbetween teh 60 hours I spent on that..I do not have that my time :)

in the 5-10 min I have I read al though.

alynkio has alot of text...but did anyone do vote check on first few days? is tehre anything there?

alynkio's back, nice

Out of Audren's 14 posts in this thread, 6 are useful - 2 come from signing up/messing around before the game started, and his last 6 posts go from his fake PMs with aedan to his last post in the thread - not much to learn from them since he's either trying to defend himself from an outing or dead at this stage (one could try to interpret something out of his fake PMs.... Not inclined to do so however)

So we have 6 meaningful posts

The first one is the arky vote day 1. Consolidating the vote on two candidates (unknown LK and villager arky) and relegating various candidates further behind to one vote each. It was early in the day so it's not a clear cut attempt to save anybody, but he did consolidate on a villager, so as @alynkio said it's highly possible there were a waffle or two in the candidates with audran trying to steer the lynch away from them.
Of the people who had one vote at this point, there was Audren himself, and also the villagers sleepyhead and dbw. That leaves Spockyt, De chat, alynkio, witch agatha and claude as potential waffles benefiting from this vote

The second post day 2 comes with a bit of analysis that is certainly interesting. The post ends with an easy vote on villager dbw, unsurprisingly, but what is said prior to the vote is what's of interest. He first argues that the most important things to happen happened near deadline - a clue indicating that the waffles voted early ? Not convincing since Audren's vote warranted suspicion (and it did attract attention), so it was in Audren's self interests to attract the attention to what happened at deadline
And the most interesting things to happen at deadline were villager alxeu pushing unknown de chat into the lead, only for unknown LK to tie de chat with villager arky, thereby prompting alxeu to switch to de chat to prevent a tie (claude piling on late to ensure the absence of tie). But audren quickly dismisses it on the ground of an earlier LK post looking villager-y..... weak. So he's saying the most interesting things happened at deadline (for self interests because digging what happened before the deadline doesn't look good for him).... but he then doesn't expand on it ? Surprising
He then note De chat's senseless Day 2 vote on villager alxeu, and a just as senseless pushback, then adds in a post that spockyt's answer to accusation seems villager-y. Hm. Not sure what to make of that.

Third post attacks villager dbw even more, and answers a suggestion for a voteswitch to wagon positively while saying he prefers dbw. Well, as a waffle he wouldn't care much either way

4th post calls on Euro and LK to explain their Day 3 shenanigans..... Let's note that he doesn't call out claude who was also involved.

5th post sees him defend himself against wagon's accusations (which were kinda weak but we know now motivated by a scan result). He then exonerates LK of wrongdoing and votes euro (who answered accusations in an euroish way, ofc)

The two most suspicious people to emerge out of these posts are claude and LK..... But as alynkio pointed out, it's a lot of interactions between the two, so this would make them unlikely packmates because of the obvious connection, right ? Especially since LK did vote audren day 2 putting him on the spotlights - although he backed off from this vote pretty easily when deadline drew nearer.... Claude's omission meanwhile feel kinda obvious. Would be nice to have access to audren's thoughts as he was typing these posts eh ? did the wolves go for a "hiding in plain sight" strategy ?

who else do we have ?

hdk hasn't done much really, hard to get a grasp on what he's thinking. a day 1 consolidation 1 on arky - would it work again ? That would be VERY risky from the wolves though, they'd do that only if another waffle was high in the running. some pressure on claude day 2. doesn't sound villager-y but hasn't done enough to really feel waffle-y. One of those people you lynch because of the lack of information make them a 50-50 chance of being a wolf, but we have better cases right now

euro... is euro, really. Besides messing around (his vote for today is currently a non explained vote on alynkio) the biggest problem is how he unnecessarily tied two villagers day 2..... It's euro so he could be a waffle counting on his maverick style of play and reputation to get away with it, or a villager genuinely messing around. Audren went after him for that but he could've been selling a packmate thinking there was no way euro would escape this lynch (haven't played enough with audren to know that although alynkio doesn't seem to be sold on this idea) - or audren could've been after an easy villager lynch. I'll tell you honestly, I have no idea about him. If you think we should lynch him then I'll follow, but I'll be going after someone about whom I have more certainties

agatha has been worse than hdk so far, doing the bare minimum of one vote per day.... the only post giving us some hindsight about her (according to alynkio's post, sorry if I'm mistaken @Witch Agatha ) thinking is her day 2 vote. Where she was both suspicious of LK and followed him on his reasoning - although she didn't follow his vote, since she went after spockyt rather than audren. It's really not much though. If we have to lynch someone for inactivity, I'd rather vote her than hdk tbh, but again I'd rather vote someone else. We can always vote the more inactive ones later, they'll have to vote and that will give us more information about them

then we have alynkio. Day 1 he made a vote similar to audren's - a second vote on a candidate consolidating the lynch around three mains candidates. Among the possible beneficiaries were audren.... hm. later on he tried to expand the lynch candidates instead of putting in a tie-breaking vote. Interesting, since among the tied ones was arky. And LK, which might be significant if you consider LK as unlikely waffle because of his interactions with audren. Same as dbw afraid to attract attention ? But then we know how it turned out in dbw's case. day 2 was witch hunting day because of a throwaway.... Uh. Not impressive but the reasoning somewhat holds I guess ? Note that audren had picked up some 2 votes at this point, being in the lead with dbw. Instead of expanding the number of candidates with 2 votes (alxeu, LK and claude had one vote) he decided to present a new candidate. alxeu's case was really flimsy so it's perhaps not surprising a wolf alynkio wouldn't take the risk to up him in the votes, but you'd expect a wolf alynkio to go after LK or claude if he wanted to get the lynch away from audren. Unless he couldn't ? I don't really think alynkio and LK would fit the same pack, so you'd perhaps expect a wolf alynkio to push LK to 2 votes here.
But I find myself mostly in agreement with his latest post, which I guess makes him feel relatively villagery to me. Or makes a fool out of me, I don't know

de chat has been more active than hdk or agatha.... but most of his posts were him screwing around, so that doesn't translate to information. Still, I don't really have real baddie vibes from him, and I don't disagree with his list of suspects. How could I agree with his list of suspects while also agreeing with alynkio, you might say ? Well, my ability to twist my reasoning beyond rationality is something that surprises even myself

Spocky is yet again someone lying low.... Pushed claude day 1, which... eh... it's easy to do but we don't have a lot of information on the contenders at this stage, so hard to gauge if this vote benefited anyone. It did put all the candidates on 1 vote (spockyt, de chat, dbw, sleepy, alynkio, agatha and yours truly) out of danger though
He then went after wagon, which was mostly a throwaway. When audren was among the tied candidates at the top. perhaps as a waffles he mostly doesn't want to attract attention, so that's why he'd throwaway instead of helping a packmate ? Or perhaps he was trying to instigate a voteswitch ?....

then there's LK and claude.

LK has a bad day 1 vote (tying a villager with the unknown). to the benefit of de chat (and maybe claude), and interactions between them don't rule out de chat being a packmate of LK. went after audren day 2 but backed off pretty easily as I said. He went after alynkio pretty hard before trying to save his skin

claude tried to save himself day 1 so not much to read here, it was his best move (aside from trying a voteswitch). lots of posts which makes it sound like he's probing the waters (LK also does this imho). to me that sounds somewhat wolfy, not trying to commit too much in the fear of putting in a vote that would look suspicious ?

Hmmm. As you can see I'm at a bit of a loss, especially since the persons I find most suspicious (LK and claude) don't really work well together with audren as a pack. To make things worse, despite agreeing with his latest post, I don't really find myself trusting alynkio that much, but adding him to this already unlikely pack only makes it more unlikely imho.
But then of course some of the quieter people could easily fit in the pack too - as you can see I'm pretty bad at drawing connections between people. So let's just vote the person I find most suspicious and see where this leads us.... That would be claude, I guess. alynkio-claude race anyone ?

Vote claude

Spocky is yet again someone lying low.... Pushed claude day 1, which... eh... it's easy to do but we don't have a lot of information on the contenders at this stage, so hard to gauge if this vote benefited anyone. It did put all the candidates on 1 vote (spockyt, de chat, dbw, sleepy, alynkio, agatha and yours truly) out of danger though
He then went after wagon, which was mostly a throwaway. When audren was among the tied candidates at the top. perhaps as a waffles he mostly doesn't want to attract attention, so that's why he'd throwaway instead of helping a packmate ? Or perhaps he was trying to instigate a voteswitch ?....

Wagon wasn't a throwaway, I stand by it being a truly awful case (at least, what Wagon put forwards) against Audren. Of course, it turns out Wagon knew Audren was a wolf, but he didn't do a great job at subtly making a case. I suppose you could say I was trying to make a voteswitch to kill the cleared villager and save a wolf, but of course, nobody knew those facts at the time.

Official Vote Count
alynkio: 3
EUROO7 [224]
LatinKaiser [226]
De Chat [230]

Claude LC: 2
alynkio [233]
yvanoff [235]

Witch Agatha: 1
the_hdk [236]

Not Voted: 3
@Claude LC
@Spockyt
@Witch Agatha

I agree that Claude at deadline the other day seems odd. Securing Wombat (perhaps to ensure it’s Wombat and not a packmate) and then swapping to LK last minute in an almost coordinated fashion. I’m often in favour of increading large ties to see what happens, who breaks it in favour of who, it’s gives information, but a 4 way tie right before deadline is an awful idea. I’m not 100% on Claude being a wolf (it could also be described as incompetence), but he is the easiest string to untangle to get a lot of connections sorted.