Werewolf Lite CDXXXVI: Experiment: Alternative Voting

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
The cake. The cake is alie.
I meant alive...

Anyway, seems like it's really going great. Didn't realise you had died etiher. That means I was voting two dead people. Yikes, that's bad.

I meant alive...

Anyway, seems like it's really going great. Didn't realise you had died etiher. That means I was voting two dead people. Yikes, that's bad.
Not only am I not alive — I never even joined the game.

Spooky, I know.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I believe we're at parity if we don't get this right, which in turn means that the village has to be unified behind a single candidate. For this reason I'll back Wagon, though I much prefer alynkio.

VOTE WAGONLITZ
VOTE ALYNKIO

Not only am I not alive — I never even joined the game.

Spooky, I know.
So I've been voting somebody not playing for multiple days?

I believe we're at parity if we don't get this right, which in turn means that the village has to be unified behind a single candidate. For this reason I'll back Wagon, though I much prefer alynkio.
What is the case on Alynkio?

So I've been voting somebody not playing for multiple days?
1598214152050.gif

Does it count as a Stalingrad if you hunt the warlock? Asking for a friend.

No surprise on Arky Bark being a wolf to be frank. The way he kept going after me felt wolfish, even despite how easy a target I am.

Does it count as a Stalingrad if you hunt the warlock? Asking for a friend.
I would refer your friend to our resident Werewolf historian, Arkasas.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Disappointing. I was 100% certain of alynkio being a wolf, but I didn't have anything concrete besides just utterly rancid wolf vibes, and I also didn't think Arkasas or Marco were wolves. Alas.

I wonder if some sort of weighted vote might produce a better effect than AV ultimately turned out. Something like, I dunno, you get three votes per day, your top vote is worth 3 points, second 2, and third 1. Still lets you distribute pressure to multiple people while not making the vote counts more or less opaque. Might be worth trying at the very least, if it hasn't already.

Out of curiousity I decided to go through all my wolf power rankings and color them.

Vote:
  1. jeray2000
  2. Audren
  3. Claude LC
  4. Arkasas
  5. Cliges
  6. MarcoRossolini
  7. ramius3443
  8. De Chatillon
  9. Euroo7
  10. Culann
  11. Aedan
  12. the_hdk
  13. alxeu
  14. Alynkio
  15. Ironhide G1
  16. Wagonlitz
Now our new wolf power rankings come out as:

Vote:
  1. jeray2000
  2. Claude LC
  3. Audren
  4. Arkasas
  5. Cliges
  6. ramius3443
  7. MarcoRossolini
  8. De Chatillon
  9. Culann
  10. Euroo7
  11. Aedan
  12. Alynkio
  13. the_hdk
  14. alxeu
  15. Ironhide G1
Vote:

1. jeray2000
  2. Claude LC
  3. Audren
  4. Arkasas
  5. Cliges
  6. ramius3443
  7. De Chatillon
  8. MarcoRossolini
  9. Culann
  10. Euroo7
  11. Aedan
  12. Alynkio
  13. the_hdk
  14. Ironhide G1
  15. alxeu
Vote:

1. Audren
  2. Arkasas
  3. Claude LC
  4. Cliges
  5. ramius3443
  6. De Chatillon
  7. Culann
  8. MarcoRossolini
  9. Alynkio
  10. Euroo7
  11. the_hdk
  12. alxeu
Vote:

1. Audren
  2. Arkasas
  3. Claude LC
  4. Cliges
  5. De chat
  6. Ramius3443
  7. Marcorossolini
  8. Culann
  9. Alynkio
  10. alexu
  11. the_hdk
  12. Euroo7
Vote:

1. Arkasas
  2. De chat
  3. Wagon
  4. Cliges
  5. Audren
  6. Marcorossolini
  7. Culann
  8. the_hdk
  9. Alynkio
  10. alexu
Vote:

1. De chat
  2. Wagon
  3. Arkasas
  4. Cliges
  5. Audren
  6. Marcorossolini
  7. the_hdk
  8. Culann
  9. alexu
  10. Alynkio
Vote:

1. De chat
  2. Wagon
  3. Arkasas
  4. Cliges
  5. Audren
  6. Marcorossolini
  7. alexu
  8. Alynkio
Vote:

1. Wagon
  2. Arkasas
  3. Alynkio
  4. Audren
  5. Marcorossolini
  6. Cliges

Pretty terrible, frankly. Only at one point was a wolf at the top of the list, and they didn't even end the day up there.

Anyway, it shouldn't be that big of a surprise that the village got ran over, considering that it's our first game with this kind of system and nobody really had any kind of experience analyzing it. One potential tactic I thought of would be to hide your "real" vote behind a couple throwaways so that you would have a bit of deniability after the fact, but I never was in a position were that would have been beneficial and I don't know if anybody tried that this game.

I have my own idea for a voting experiment, and I think after awhile I'll host a lite and see how it goes. That said, I think I'll wait awhile before I run it so we aren't bouncing from experiment to experiment.

I like it better when everyone is surprised I'm evil. I'll attribute this to Audren being clever and sheer baddie fatigue on my part. I've been evil about 5 games in a row now o_O