• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Start of Thread
  • PanzerCorps

Total War Programmer
    57 Badges
    Sep 6, 2012
    • Crusader Kings II
    • Darkest Hour
    • Pillars of Eternity
    • Europa Universalis III Complete
    • Heir to the Throne
    • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
    • War of the Roses
    • Cities: Skylines
    • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
    • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    • Mount & Blade: Warband
    • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
    • Imperator: Rome
    • Magicka 2
    • Stellaris
    • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
    • Stellaris Sign-up
    • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
    • Tyranny: Archon Edition
    • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
    • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
    • Steel Division: Normandy 44
    • Crusader Kings Complete
    • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
    • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
    • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
    • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
    • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    • Crusader Kings III
    • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
    • Stellaris: Federations
    • Dungeonland
    • Europa Universalis III
    • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
    • Divine Wind
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Shadowrun Returns
    • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
    • Majesty 2 Collection
    • Victoria 2
    • Rome Gold
    • Hearts of Iron III
    • Cities in Motion 2
    • Magicka
    • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    Girl-Student.png

It is finally time that someone steps up and says what needs to be said: The college admissions process is broken and needs to be fixed. The current system for gaining entry to elite colleges discourages unique passions and deems many talented students ineligible.

Thus, at the Werewolf Institute of Paradoxplaza, we have a much better system of choosing who to accept and who to reject. Applicants will be split into groups of 17, 3 of whom will secretly be an admissions officer trying to murder the others. If the 14 can weed out the evil-doers and survive, they will be admitted. We believe this process will allow us to select for smart, active, engaged students who can show a good capability at teamwork, as well as being less stressful for the students themselves than standard college application procedures.

Let the games begin! We hope to see you on campus soon :)

Rules

There shall be seventeen (17) players. Special Roles will be handed out after the last person signs up. The game will then proceed to a Night deadline.
    The game is divided into two periods - night and day. For practical reasons these two periods take place at the same time, from one update till the next.
    Each day, all players gather and decide to lynch one of the players - the person they think is most likely to be an admissions officer. Each night, the admissions officers will strike back and murder the student they think is least worthy of admission. In each 24 hour period, the students will lynch, and the officers will hunt. The students can try to lynch multiple people by creating a glorious, Lemeard-approved, TIE, and the officers can also decide not to reject anyone at all at night.

Winning

The admissions officers win if they manage to reach parity with the students.
    The students win if they manage to lynch all of the admissions officers.

Possible Roles!

3 Admissions Officers:

A staff of well-trained and highly motivated young people. Each night, will hunt and murder one student who does not fit in with faculty requirements, be they on GPA, GRE grades, gender, race...

3 Honor Students:
    Just because the Werewolf Institute of Paradoxplaza rejects conformity and the standard applications procedures, doesn't mean it doesn't value traditional college values! The 3 applying students with the highest GPA will be put together in a group and they will all know each others' identities, and know that they are not admissions officers.

11 Common Students:
    Ordinary students, applying to the Institute in hopes of escaping the stresses of standard college applications. Fight for your lives!

Players are highly encouraged to role-play as graduate or undergraduate school applicants.

More Rules!

§1A. - You sign up to the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
    §1B. - No new players will be admitted after the game has started, EXCEPT if substituting for another player.
    §1C. - You may at any time be substituted out by requesting so in the thread or in private conversation.
    §1D. If you are confused about your role, contact the GM via private message. Do not make a show of it in the thread. Any attempts to discuss role message in the thread are strictly forbidden.
    AGAIN: YOU MAY NOT DISCUSS ROLE PMs. THIS INCLUDES WHETHER YOU HAVE RECEIVED ONE OR NOT. BREAKING THIS RULE WILL RESULT IN YOU BEING SUBBED OUT. IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH ROLE PMs, PM THE GM.

§2. - Orders and votes submitted after deadline are ignored.

§3A. – Players will vote daily. Should they not vote, THEY WILL BE REPLACED. There will be no exceptions unless the Game Moderator states otherwise.
    §3B. – Invalid votes (Voting for Game Moderator/Ghosts) will not be accepted.
    §3C. – In the event of a TIE, ALL TIED players will be executed.
    §3D. - The player(s) with the majority of votes at deadline is considered dead. He will not reveal any inside information after the deadline.

§4A. - SPECTATORS AND GHOSTS MAY HAUNT, TAUNT AND FLAUNT, BUT NEVER SUGGEST ANY COURSE OF ACTION OR REVEAL ANY INFORMATION. ANY ACTION WHICH CAN AFFECT TO THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME IS FORBIDDEN. ANYONE CAUGHT DOING IT WILL BE *PERMANENTLY* BANNED FROM PARTICIPATION. NO EXCUSES ARE VALID.
    §4B. - When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-white colour.

§5. - Alliances and Feuds which aren't based on your characters or roles in the game between players are forbidden. Alliances and Feuds which continue from one game to another undermine the whole idea of the game.

§6A. – The Game Moderator has the last word on all matters.
    §6B. – If the Game Moderator makes a mistake (e.g. with the vote count, hunt/scan orders), if critical information has been revealed, the mistake will be kept.

§7A. – Forging PMs is allowed. Screenshots of PMs is not.
    §7B. - Posting or quoting of PMs from the GM is not allowed - real or forged.

§8. – Voting must be done in the following way. Write "VOTE" and the person you are voting for in size 4+ bold text. For example:

VOTE THE 'LYNKSTER

If you wish to un-vote someone, write "UNVOTE":

UNVOTE THE 'LYNKSTER, VOTE ALYNKIO

Any other type of voting will not be counted and will make you eligible for subbing. In case of re-voting without un-voting the original vote will be the counted vote. DO NOT EDIT VOTES AFTER POSTING THEM.

§9. - The GM can and will remove players if the GM believes the player is not participating at his/her full capacity. This will be done through the use of killing the player's role, or using substitutes, if they are available. All such decisions are made solely at the discretion of the GM. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE GAME IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T PARTICIPATE.

§10. – Always Trust the GM.

Goldish/Yellow is the GM's Color. Do not use it.

DEADLINE IS 19:30 GMT

Player and events list
  • Players:

1-Wagonlitz subbed by Dedonus, a friend, hunted night 5

2-Capibara subbed by Alxeu, a villager, lynched day 7
    3-Arkasas, a werewolf, sole survivor and winner of the game
    4-Aedan, a villager, lynched day 3
    5-Yvanoff, a werewolf, lynched day 2
    6-Beartjah, a villager, hunted night 7
    7-Alynkio, a villager, hunted night 0
    8-Dr. Livingstone subbed by Rysz 2.0, a villager, lynched day 4
    9-Castor94 subbed by Cailleanm a werewolf, lynched day 5
    10-Humancalculator, a villager, lynched day 3
    11-Claude LC subbed by Alynkio 2.0, a friend, hunted night 6
    12-Sand3r205, a villager, lynched day 6
    13-Rysz, a villager, hunted night 3
    14-Tus3, a villager, hunted night 2
    15-Falc, a friend, hunted night 4
    16-Euro, a villager, lynched day 1
    17-Lemeard, a villager, hunted night 1

Events:

Day 0: The game has begun!
    Night 0: Alynkio the villager is hunted.

Day 1: Euro the villager is lynched.
    Night 1: Lemeard the villager is hunted.

Day 2: Yvanoff the werewolf is lynched.
    Night 2: Tus3 the villager is hunted.
    Day 3: Aedan the villager and Humancalculator the villager are lynched.

Night 3: Rysz the villager is hunted.
    Day 4: Rysz 2.0 the villager is lynched.
    Night 4: Falc the friend is hunted.
    Day 5: Caillean the werwolf is lynched.
    Night 5: Dedonus the friend is hunted.
    Day 6: Sand3r the villager is lynched.
    Night 6: Alynkio the friend is hunted.
    Day 7: Alxeu the villager is lynched.
    Night 7: Beartjah the villager is hunted.

Final Result:

The institute stands proud and tall, its reputation will not be tarnished by students not meeting expectations.

Last edited:
    Day 0
  • Well, it's close enough to the deadline at any rate.

All role PMs have been sent out. If you did not receive one, contact me about it by PM, privately, as soon as you can. DO NOT POST ABOUT ROLE CONVERSATIONS IN THE THREAD.

Day 0 shamvoting may now begin. As this is a lite, there will be no special prize, but it will allow me to practice my votecount making skills since apparently I need that. Night 0 will fall, and the game will properly start, tomorrow November 17 at exactly 19:30 GMT. That is about 23 hours 45 minutes from now.

Night 0
  • Night 0
    As the first day of orientation draws to an end, it has become obvious that several of these applicants are simply unqualified. The institute is looking for motivated, hard working individuals. Yet it would seem a majority of the students simply do not have the commitment. Today, many have gone to town to watch the avant premier of the new musical rather than concentrate on their studies. Thus in the night, our admissions officers dealt out the appropriate punishment. Alynkio is found dead the next day. Remember that as by the contract you signed when sending your application, the Institute takes no responsibility for deaths on university ground. Instead, the students are encouraged to partake in vigilante justice to avenge their fallen friend.

Alynkio the
    villager is hunted.

The game has truly begun!!

Last edited:
    Day 1
  • Final Day 1 Votecount:

Euro: 7
    Arkasas[103]
    Yvanoff[110]
    Falc[117]
    Aedan[125]
    Castor[126]
    Dedonus[129]
    Humancalculator[130]

Yvanoff: 3
    Euro[98]
    Tus3[109]
    Sand3r[116]

Arkasas: 2
    Dr. Livingstone[105]
    Rysz[108]

Humancalculator: 2
    Capibara[97]
    Claude[115]

Castor: 1
    Breatjah[113]

Not voted: 1
    Lemeard[]*

*will be subbed out unless he shows up before the sub answers

Last edited:
    Night 1
  • Day 1/Night 1:

But Prof. Panzer Commader, I totally deserved an A on my ectoplasmology paper! I know I have the writing skills of a developmentally challenged 5th grader, I blatantly plagiarized huge chunks of it, and barely demonstrate even vague familiarity with the subject matter at hand and everything, but, I'm a legacy and my family is loaded, and I like really need an A if imma get into a top-tier ghost business school, m'kay? It's not like anyone cares about ectoplasmology anyway, it's not interesting like management theory or what ever class teaches you to talk about synergy, best-practices, impactfulness, and disruption. I just need the gen. ed requirements. Why do you, some adjunct prof who makes like $17,000 a year, think you have the right to say my paper doesn't deserve an A?

Ah but, you see, Alynkio, you have completely failed to teach yourself the course. I know that my class rarely if ever makes sense, and that all the students talk about not understanding because I have zero idea about how to educate the youth, and just repeat the things I know about the subject matter, without ever being the slightest bit engaging. But isn't that what you pay me for? To waste your time sitting in a class room, being shouted at for not understanding what I can't explain, and then going home and learning everything through google and youtube anyway? You kept asking questions in class when things were not clear to you, but all I did was get angry because, do you really expect me to explain what you can't understand by yourself? Like I have some kind of job that isn't just talking to myself?

No, Alynkio, I have every right to grade your paper however I want and fail half the class because that is what I am: A teacher. The one profession you can't fail at. Even if no one is understanding what I am being paid to explain, it is obviously the students' fault. I regurgitated the course book word-for-word. If I could understand it, why couldn't you?

In other news, another thing faculty are good at is hiding. For even though almost a full 50% of the participants thought that Euro would be one such, he was only a common student, and has now been kicked out, obviously his own fault.

Lemeard, meanwhile, showed that he does not care about his education and asked for an extension on his voting assignment. Instead, our admissions officers cut him down in the middle of the night. Perfectly fair, for anyone who fails in his responsibility as a student.

(Can you tell this is written by someone who has a difficult test tomorrow that they're unprepared for? :p)

Euro the villager is lynched

Lemeard the villager is hunted

Day 2
  • Day 2 Final Votecount:

Yvanoff: 4
    Beartjah[138]
    Rysz[145]
    Arkasas[151]
    Sand3r[156]

Castor: 3
    Humancalculator[144]
    Dr. Livingstone[149]
    Falc[158]

Arkasas: 1
    Dedonus[143]

Sand3r: 1
    Yvanoff[147]

Falc: 1
    Tus3[137]

Humancalculator: 1
    Aedan[157]

Not Voted: 3
    @Capibara
    @Castor94
    @Claude LC

Day 3
  • Day 3 Final Votecount

Aedan: 5
    Alxeu[189]
    Sand3r[191]
    Dedonus[172 Caillean -> 193]
    Falc[197]
    Humancalculator[185 Falc -> 200]

Humancalculator: 5
    Beartjah[181]
    Aedan[194]
    Dr. Livingstone[192 Aedan -> 203]
    Arkasas[206]
    Alynkio[207]

Falc: 2
    Rysz[169]
    Caillean[177]

Not Voted: 0
    :)

Night 7
  • Day 7/Night 7

11/24/2018
    Mr. Alxeu
    OT Forum Games

Forum at Forum.Paradoxplaza.Com

Dear Mr. Alxeu,

This is in regard to your application to the Werewolf Winner program in the Paradoxplaza Institute of Werewolf. We regret that we cannot offer you admission to this program.

Every year, we receive a large number of applications from extremely well qualified candidates. We are able to accept only a few because of the significant amount of time our faculty members spend with each graduate student. We make our admissions decisions only after reviewing each application very carefully. The primary reasons for which your application was unsuccessful are noted below:

• Each application is considered in relation to other applications in the same area and only the very top applicants are admitted. Your application, considered as a whole, was not as strong as some of the others we received.
    • Your application was very interesting and had several strengths. However, we have no faculty members with similar enough research interests and so were unable to secure a supervisor for you.
    • The Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies sets a high villager convincing score minimum requirement for admission. Your record for this feat did not meet these requirements.
    We are proud that we are able to attract excellent applicants such as yourself. We hope you will continue your search for a graduate school and we wish you the very best in your academic pursuits.

Yours truly,
    Panzer Commader, PhD
    Graduate Advisor