• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Start of Thread

PanzerCorps

Total War Programmer
57 Badges
Sep 6, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Magicka 2
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
Girl-Student.png

It is finally time that someone steps up and says what needs to be said: The college admissions process is broken and needs to be fixed. The current system for gaining entry to elite colleges discourages unique passions and deems many talented students ineligible.

Thus, at the Werewolf Institute of Paradoxplaza, we have a much better system of choosing who to accept and who to reject. Applicants will be split into groups of 17, 3 of whom will secretly be an admissions officer trying to murder the others. If the 14 can weed out the evil-doers and survive, they will be admitted. We believe this process will allow us to select for smart, active, engaged students who can show a good capability at teamwork, as well as being less stressful for the students themselves than standard college application procedures.

Let the games begin! We hope to see you on campus soon :)

Rules

There shall be seventeen (17) players. Special Roles will be handed out after the last person signs up. The game will then proceed to a Night deadline.
The game is divided into two periods - night and day. For practical reasons these two periods take place at the same time, from one update till the next.
Each day, all players gather and decide to lynch one of the players - the person they think is most likely to be an admissions officer. Each night, the admissions officers will strike back and murder the student they think is least worthy of admission. In each 24 hour period, the students will lynch, and the officers will hunt. The students can try to lynch multiple people by creating a glorious, Lemeard-approved, TIE, and the officers can also decide not to reject anyone at all at night.

Winning

The admissions officers win if they manage to reach parity with the students.
The students win if they manage to lynch all of the admissions officers.

Possible Roles!

3 Admissions Officers:

A staff of well-trained and highly motivated young people. Each night, will hunt and murder one student who does not fit in with faculty requirements, be they on GPA, GRE grades, gender, race...

3 Honor Students:
Just because the Werewolf Institute of Paradoxplaza rejects conformity and the standard applications procedures, doesn't mean it doesn't value traditional college values! The 3 applying students with the highest GPA will be put together in a group and they will all know each others' identities, and know that they are not admissions officers.

11 Common Students:
Ordinary students, applying to the Institute in hopes of escaping the stresses of standard college applications. Fight for your lives!

Players are highly encouraged to role-play as graduate or undergraduate school applicants.

More Rules!

§1A. - You sign up to the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
§1B. - No new players will be admitted after the game has started, EXCEPT if substituting for another player.
§1C. - You may at any time be substituted out by requesting so in the thread or in private conversation.
§1D. If you are confused about your role, contact the GM via private message. Do not make a show of it in the thread. Any attempts to discuss role message in the thread are strictly forbidden.
AGAIN: YOU MAY NOT DISCUSS ROLE PMs. THIS INCLUDES WHETHER YOU HAVE RECEIVED ONE OR NOT. BREAKING THIS RULE WILL RESULT IN YOU BEING SUBBED OUT. IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH ROLE PMs, PM THE GM.

§2. - Orders and votes submitted after deadline are ignored.

§3A. – Players will vote daily. Should they not vote, THEY WILL BE REPLACED. There will be no exceptions unless the Game Moderator states otherwise.
§3B. – Invalid votes (Voting for Game Moderator/Ghosts) will not be accepted.
§3C. – In the event of a TIE, ALL TIED players will be executed.
§3D. - The player(s) with the majority of votes at deadline is considered dead. He will not reveal any inside information after the deadline.

§4A. - SPECTATORS AND GHOSTS MAY HAUNT, TAUNT AND FLAUNT, BUT NEVER SUGGEST ANY COURSE OF ACTION OR REVEAL ANY INFORMATION. ANY ACTION WHICH CAN AFFECT TO THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME IS FORBIDDEN. ANYONE CAUGHT DOING IT WILL BE *PERMANENTLY* BANNED FROM PARTICIPATION. NO EXCUSES ARE VALID.
§4B. - When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-white colour.

§5. - Alliances and Feuds which aren't based on your characters or roles in the game between players are forbidden. Alliances and Feuds which continue from one game to another undermine the whole idea of the game.

§6A. – The Game Moderator has the last word on all matters.
§6B. – If the Game Moderator makes a mistake (e.g. with the vote count, hunt/scan orders), if critical information has been revealed, the mistake will be kept.

§7A. – Forging PMs is allowed. Screenshots of PMs is not.
§7B. - Posting or quoting of PMs from the GM is not allowed - real or forged.

§8. – Voting must be done in the following way. Write "VOTE" and the person you are voting for in size 4+ bold text. For example:

VOTE THE 'LYNKSTER

If you wish to un-vote someone, write "UNVOTE":

UNVOTE THE 'LYNKSTER, VOTE ALYNKIO

Any other type of voting will not be counted and will make you eligible for subbing. In case of re-voting without un-voting the original vote will be the counted vote. DO NOT EDIT VOTES AFTER POSTING THEM.

§9. - The GM can and will remove players if the GM believes the player is not participating at his/her full capacity. This will be done through the use of killing the player's role, or using substitutes, if they are available. All such decisions are made solely at the discretion of the GM. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE GAME IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T PARTICIPATE.

§10. – Always Trust the GM.

Goldish/Yellow is the GM's Color. Do not use it.

DEADLINE IS 19:30 GMT

Player and events list
Players:

1-Wagonlitz subbed by Dedonus, a friend, hunted night 5

2-Capibara subbed by Alxeu, a villager, lynched day 7
3-Arkasas, a werewolf, sole survivor and winner of the game
4-Aedan, a villager, lynched day 3
5-Yvanoff, a werewolf, lynched day 2
6-Beartjah, a villager, hunted night 7
7-Alynkio, a villager, hunted night 0
8-Dr. Livingstone subbed by Rysz 2.0, a villager, lynched day 4
9-Castor94 subbed by Cailleanm a werewolf, lynched day 5
10-Humancalculator, a villager, lynched day 3
11-Claude LC subbed by Alynkio 2.0, a friend, hunted night 6
12-Sand3r205, a villager, lynched day 6
13-Rysz, a villager, hunted night 3
14-Tus3, a villager, hunted night 2
15-Falc, a friend, hunted night 4
16-Euro, a villager, lynched day 1
17-Lemeard, a villager, hunted night 1

Events:

Day 0: The game has begun!
Night 0: Alynkio the villager is hunted.

Day 1: Euro the villager is lynched.
Night 1: Lemeard the villager is hunted.

Day 2: Yvanoff the werewolf is lynched.
Night 2: Tus3 the villager is hunted.
Day 3: Aedan the villager and Humancalculator the villager are lynched.

Night 3: Rysz the villager is hunted.
Day 4: Rysz 2.0 the villager is lynched.
Night 4: Falc the friend is hunted.
Day 5: Caillean the werwolf is lynched.
Night 5: Dedonus the friend is hunted.
Day 6: Sand3r the villager is lynched.
Night 6: Alynkio the friend is hunted.
Day 7: Alxeu the villager is lynched.
Night 7: Beartjah the villager is hunted.

Final Result:

The institute stands proud and tall, its reputation will not be tarnished by students not meeting expectations.

Last edited:
My first players! Thank you

Daffius setup. That's a long time since we last had that. (Was there only three wolves in that, though?)

In

As far as I remember I think it's always been 3. The idea is sort of to represent a seer that managed to scan one wolf and 3 villagers before dying. Obviously it's not an exact match, but it's sort of average and prevents cases like the seer not doing anything or surviving til the end.

Daffius setup. That's a long time since we last had that. (Was there only three wolves in that, though?)

In

Yes. Reasoning was as Panzer mentioned. It also makes it easier for the wolves to claim buddies towards the end if they end up in a 3 wolf, 1 villager, 3 buddies, situation where they just need to convince that villager to side with them, although with 4 wolves it's still possible, you just need to remove a wolf and try to cast them as an unwitting villager, unlike the case with 4 buddies, where the wolves are screwed if they get to a situation where many buddies survive as they would somehow need to work a villager into their buddy claim.

In

Sub

(Unless this doesn't fill up fast)

Yes. Reasoning was as Panzer mentioned. It also makes it easier for the wolves to claim buddies towards the end if they end up in a 3 wolf, 1 villager, 3 buddies, situation where they just need to convince that villager to side with them, although with 4 wolves it's still possible, you just need to remove a wolf and try to cast them as an unwitting villager, unlike the case with 4 buddies, where the wolves are screwed if they get to a situation where many buddies survive as they would somehow need to work a villager into their buddy claim.

Yep. One sort-of interesting way to help the wolves would be to not reveal the roles of people who die at night, but honestly I don't think the wolves need more help in this version.

Also, any way I could convince you to join in?

Sub

(Unless this doesn't fill up fast)

You have been put on the waiting list :)

Also, any way I could convince you to join in?

Unfortunately, no. It's becoming clear to me that I don't really have the time for these types of games right now. This is a quite busy week for me and honestly I want next week to be very low key and just a chance to relax with DNFC, family, and friends and enjoy way too much food and way too many board games. I might be back sometime around Christmas if life slows down by then.

In

Unfortunately, no. It's becoming clear to me that I don't really have the time for these types of games right now. This is a quite busy week for me and honestly I want next week to be very low key and just a chance to relax with DNFC, family, and friends and enjoy way too much food and way too many board games. I might be back sometime around Christmas if life slows down by then.

Yeahh that's fair enough. Enjoy your off time for now!

What is that ?

A 5 player version of werewolf. I never got to play in one so I have to rely on hearsay to know what it was like. The problem is that according to some people it was a fun little experiment that was pretty unique but maybe inferior to normal lites and according to others it was:

An abomination, not fit to be played by men or wolves or wolf-men.

:p

I assume this will be similar in time investment compared to the big game?

If so, I'll sign up for this (assuming a newbie that's still figuring out how to play werewolf is accepted on a smaller game where a bad player has more impact?)

You are most welcome. (Unless Panzer harbors a secret hatred of newbs. Then we might have issues.)

I assume this will be similar in time investment compared to the big game?

If so, I'll sign up for this (assuming a newbie that's still figuring out how to play werewolf is accepted on a smaller game where a bad player has more impact?)

Lites usually require less time commitment than bigs, due to smaller number of players. So they're actually the preferred place for new players to start! Welcome aboard :) It's true that they are less forgiving though but only in the ways of voting: In bigs you can usually get away with not voting once or twice. In lites you get subbed out or auto-lynched from the first time, because every vote matters way more and missed votes really hurt analysis. But that's just an issue of responsibility, not experience.

You are most welcome. (Unless Panzer harbors a secret hatred of newbs. Then we might have issues.)

I love newbs! The mark of true success and cultural immortality in werewolf is having players that play their first game under your GM-ship become community paragons. (Although the only person I'm actually sure started playing in one of my games is Happycats. I'm sure there must be more, but by now I've forgotten which :( One day I'll go back and check.)