Werewolf Lite CDXIX: The Black Order Brigade [Village Victory]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
yeah but, the risk is that the wolves snipe in favor of one of the tie candidates who is a villager. The fact that you chose to tie with Wagon over me should count for something, right?

Jerman wasn't responding, so the Wagon/Graf tie was the only option.

Oh well, It's nice to see that the tradition of "everyone is in on the secret but me" is still going strong.

Day and Night 6
Day and Night 6

One could think that the sad events of the night would darken the mood in the convent.

But, the morale boosted by your recent successes, you actually feel great. You are sure to avenge your fallen comrades today. At last the day of reckoning has arrived !

Before dying, Mr de Zeeg - or is it Heinkel, as the postcoard seems to imply ? - had made contact with three of you: Ms. De Vleck, a Belgian, Mr. de la Rochebeaucois, a French, and Mr. Thomas J. Krender, an American. He had managed to gather proof that all three of you (and some others who sadly fell victims to the communist treachery a few days earlier) and himself were safe. You did not quite understand where his first hint as to your innocence came from, but you did not question it seeing its efficiency.

Mr. de Zeeg having suffered this most tragic fate, that left three of you against three unknown character: Ms. Wiggensen, a Bavarian aristocrat, Mr. Serkohl, a Swede, and Mr. Stremonti, a local having grown up in the outskirts of Rome.

You were quite sure that all three of them were not traitors since they would have been able to overpower you and take control of the convent easily otherwise, since the thick guards would be pretty unlikely to see through their lies and would be happy to follow the order of the convent's masters.

But you are not quite sure whether there are only one of them remaining or two.

Ms. Wiggensen being the most suspicious person, quickly sold out by everyone, you settle on executing her.

You however remain suspicious of the other two and try to put them under as much pressure as possible so that an eventual communist spy would crack and reveal you his true identity.

That is why, despite Ms. Wiggensen quickly admitting her guilt and revealing that her actual name is Maria Wizniewska, that as a Pole she hates the Germans and that she have fought fascism everywhere she could face it, you keep torturing her. As expected, she is too solid to reveal you the name of an eventual comrade....

Eventually however, the respectable Mr. Serkohl breaks down. He who has always looked so far rightist, so convincing, such that you thought Mr. Stremonti a more likely communist than him, admits that his true name is actually Christian Avidsen, that he is actually a Danish minister who has always fought against far-right and could not resist the appeal of a last fight.

All three of you smile in satisfaction upon seeing this outcome.

After two quick detonations, the communist problem is finally solved.

Graf Zeppelin and Wagonlitz the werewolves are lynched

Ooops

Epilogue
Epilogue

After that, you submit Mr. Stremonti to a quick interrogation and go through his belongings. You finally clear his name of the fallacious suspicions any of you could still have against him.

Thereafter, a quick interrogation and search of his belongings cleared Stremonti of any suspicion you could have.

Then, you decided upon a new course of action.

After this week's slaughter, the Black order's branches in a number of countries had lost their head. You decided it would be better to act quickly, ensure these men's loyalty to you and you only while rooting out the members too loyal to their now dead masters or too ambitious.

Then, you could meet in another place - this one still reeked of death and communist treachery - to share Europe into 4 spheres of influences, one for each of you. Every one of you would have responsibility for the Order in his sphere and upon the Order's final victory you would get to rule your sphere of influence directly.

But firstly, you all agreed that you had to get rid of the communist problem once and for all. Indeed, the guards had found evidence that the traitors had benefited from outside help - mostly in terms of material.

It took you a few days, but in the end you had managed to track the rest of the communists in a house, in Rome's more modest neighborhoods. And that was why you were now here - to end it once and for all.

The cars arrive in the house's street. The men get out, and quickly move towards their target. Suddenly, a bullet flies: one of the communist sentinel must have felt something was off. But it's too late: the men arrive at the house, and burst the door open. The communists have used this warning shot very well, though: they return fire with a great intensity.

You admire their courage. These men will fight to their death, you feel, and that is something you can respect. However, the effect of surprise as well as the Order's troops superior training and weaponry means they are quickly overwhelmed.

It is over far quicker than you expected. You take a look inside. There are a lot of dead bodies, a lot of blood, the communists' favorite color. "They must like the new painting", you think with a wry smile. You can recognize a couple of dead Order soldiers, too, and a number of wounded too - all from the Order, no communist scum has remained alive. You do not shed a tear - the sacrifice of a couple is necessary for the good of many, you think.

Satisfied with the outcome, all 4 of you return to your cars. You have a lot of work to do, and Rome will always be associated with these memories. Besides, you have already agreed to meet up again to share Europe once the situation of the Order is stabilized. Whatever happened at the convent is already mere memories.

All four of the cars start roaring. Then they all split up - each in a different direction, towards each of your future. Before losing sight of the communists' house, you can not help but thank them. Without them, after all, the future would not look so bright.

Dedonus, JermanTK, Druplesnubb and Caillean the villagers win !

Yeah was the first time I played as a wolf. I thought you get paranoid as a villager but this was even more mindbreaking.

And thanks for inviting and hosting Yvanoff.

And the nice writing, much appreciated.

Thank you for accepting ! From the look of it you haven't played a lot of WW games so I was really happy that you joined

Yeah was my second. Another one 4 years ago or so.

From a GM perspective, a couple observations I would have:
- I was really unhappy at the Panzer/alynkio screwup which happened a couple days ago, but I think it was solved in a satisfactory way. Wagonlitz especially was especially angry towards Panzer for the screw up, not me, which makes me feel that what happened was what should have happened

- I was a bit afraid it would have meta effects on the game though. After that a lot of people were convinced Druplesnubb was actually a WW and it looks like his reaction played a part (when he was actually simply honest about how he is used to play WW games). While I felt a bit guilty seeing the wolves losing (because they would've been a very strong situation without the screw up) having them win because people were convinced Druple was a wolf based on his reaction to the incident would probably have been worse.

- While I think it worked as intended, I'll probably try something else next time. Quicker updates for sure, but those are not really a possibility in such a game (although I could have been more organized - see next point). I'm thinking of having a "GM deadline". Ghost rules would be enforced between the day/night deadlines and the GM deadline, but the update would be guaranteed to arrive before GM deadline. Would've worked for this game. Though it's a bit heavy for not that much.

- GMing a game is much harder than I thought it would be, especially when there's a bit of tension involved. The day of the screw up I just couldn't keep track of everything that was happening. I should have prepared the updates in advance too - here I was writing day by day following my inspiration and the day's events, which is not a terribly efficient way to proceed. And the deadline was messing with my meal habits, I'll have to advance it one hour next game.

- It was really stressful too, with any screw up potentially being game breaking.

- But it was a fun experience and I'll be up for repeating it :) Although probably not in 2018

What did you think of the GMing (especially other GMs, but players are invited to join the fun too !) ? What do you think was great ? What could I improve ? Any remarks ?

Nah that was ok. The other games had also time between deadline and update. Sure unfortunate for us how it developed but Ce la loup.

You did a fine job and like I said I enjoyed the writing.

Tbh I don't think the whole Panzer/Alynkio thing was even a screwup from the GM. As far as I understand the rules allowed for the hunt target to talk right up until he's declered dead by the update, so no problems there I think. It was of course a screwup for us wolves, but then Panzer was pretty much asking for it to happen...

Aye.