Werewolf Lite CDXIX: The Black Order Brigade [Village Victory]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think whether talking post-deadline is allowed or not doesn't matter too much, but the GM should make it clear ahead of time whether it is allowed or not. I think it's clear the wolves would not have done they play they did if they predicted alynkio would reveal that Panzer used them as a patsy before the update. This can be fixed by the GM just unambiguously going one direction or the other on it in future games, and which direction it is matters little.
The thing is that it is highly unlikely alynkio would've posted anything if not for Panzer's comment. Altnkio had no reasons to doubt the outing and to empty his bag up until that point, it's only once he understood he had been played that he did communicate about it. And Wagon made the reproach to Panzer and seemed to think he reaped what he sowed with this post.
Though you are right that I should have made it clear before the situation arose - didn't think it would happen, but I was utterly wrong

And thanks of course to Yvanoff for top quality GMing! I do hope you GM again in the future, and invite me when you do, I'll be sure to join.
Thanks you for playing and inciting me to do this, after all it is thank to you that I decided to try GMing :)

Many thanks for hosting this Yvanoff.
Stellar job as a GM, really. Don't feel you screwed up about anything, because you didn't.
Thanks ! Thank you for playing !

Wow, those are amazing. Especially the last one. I've never actually seen a GM write roleplay for scan results. Even the most dedicated ones don't do that usually. I want an Yvanoff GM'd big now...
Well I was carried by the existing comic. Having an established world made writing these rather easy. I doubt it'd be as good in another setting, and I doubt I could manage it in a big game which lasts more than one week and with much more reports to write. You'd probably be disappointed

I'll host another Lite sometimes though, I already have a couple ideas ! (though they won't reach the high bar this game seems to have set....)

Hunting Alynkio was absolutely the worst thing we could have done after he had posted that.

I don't disagree with that, but those questions are applied from the viewpoint of the person posting the info. I don't think it's reasonable to expect alynkio to know about the inner workings of the pack and what your overall strategy is. I use the second question more to check if I know I purposely or subconsciously withheld the information to try and deny some player with a night order from reacting. Again, for me it's more about avoiding situations that are "Okay, now that deadline passed and the night orders are set, here's all this info." If he expected you to hunt him to shut him up, there's no reason to expect that him accusing you would change it and if he expected you to try and scapegoat him the next day, there's no reason for him to expect that you'd suddenly just want to shut him up. It sounds like you guys just made a compromise that fit with none of your strategies and you would've changed if he posted that earlier, but there's no way for him to reasonably know that.

I think whether talking post-deadline is allowed or not doesn't matter too much, but the GM should make it clear ahead of time whether it is allowed or not. I think it's clear the wolves would not have done they play they did if they predicted alynkio would reveal that Panzer used them as a patsy before the update. This can be fixed by the GM just unambiguously going one direction or the other on it in future games, and which direction it is matters little.

Alternatively, if GMs are concerned about this but don't want to fully ban post-deadline to update game talk, there's a simple solution for lites. At worse, in certain variations of the color cases, you'll have a wolf pack and a guardian angel affecting hunts in a lite. The moment deadline hits, check anyone involved in the hunt and get their last valid order. If there is no GA or the GA did not target the hunt target, you know that person was hunted and you can privately inform them through their role PM that they're dead and that ghost rules are in effect for them. This should take a couple minutes at most and then the rest of the update can be processed as normal.

PERILOUS PILGRIMAGE!

Whan that Aprill (probably should have saved this theme for the spring? ...Meh) with his shoures soote
The droghte of March hath perced to the roote
And bathed every veyne in swich licour
Of which vertu engendred is the flour
Whan Zephirus eek with his sweete breeth
Inspired hath in every holt and heeth
The tendre croppes and the yonge sonne
Hath in the ram his half cours yronne
And smale foweles maken melodye
That slepen al the nyght with open ye
(So priketh hem nature in hir corages)
Thanne longen folk to goon on pilgrimages
And palmeres for to seken straunge strondes
To ferne halwes, kowthe in sondry londes;
And specially from every shires ende
Of Engelond to Caunterbury they wende,
The hooly blisful martir for to seke
That hem hath hoplen whan that they were seeke
Bifil that in that seson on a day
In Southwerk at the Tabard as I lay
Redy to wenden on my pilgrymage
To Caunterury with ful devout corage.
At nyght was come into that hostelrye
Wel ten and seven in a compaignye
Of sondry folk, by aventure yfalle
In felaweship, and pilgrimes were they… most
That toward Caunterbury wolden ryde.
The chambres and the stables weren wyde
And wel we weren esed atte beste.
And shortly, whan the sonne was to reste,
So hadde I spoken with hem everichon
That I was of hir felaweshipe anon,
And made forward erly for to ryse,
To take oure wey ther as I yow devyse.

The events of that night, however, indicated that it would be a rather more... bloody... pilgrimage than most of us had expected...

Beware the Smylere with the Knyf under the Cloak!