• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Opening and Rules

Arkasas

Werewolf Historian
21 Badges
Feb 28, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
Werewolf was dead. That was a fact. P. Doxx Werewolf, noted chandelier inventor, dairy farmer, Supreme Leader of Earth and all around international man of mystery, had died at the ripe old age of, let's say, 11. To his funeral he didn't invite his friends, or his family, but 17 random dignitaries. Of course, a wide variety of foreign spy agencies wished to gain access to Werewolf's funeral, perhaps hoping for a financial contribution or somesuch, so 4 of those dignitaries were slain by other, far more attractive agents, who took on their identities and invitations to the funeral.

The catch, of course, was that Werewolf was not dead. Indeed, he was very much alive. So alive, in fact, that he had faked his death in order to see who would actually show up to his funeral. When he realized that some of his invitees had been replaced by impostors, he was shocked and appalled, so he decided to kill them. Of course, he didn't know who they were, so he decided to play an elaborate game wherein as long as the impostors were on the hoof, he and his guests would attempt to kill each other by voting.

Is Werewolf dead? Is Werewolf alive? Can I get any more meta? I don't know.

Rules:
There shall be seventeen (17) players. Special Roles will be handed out after the last person signs up.

The game will then proceed to a Night deadline.

The game is divided into two periods - night and day. For practical reasons these two periods take place at the same time, from one update till the next.

Each day, all players gather and decide to lynch one of the players - the person they think is most likely to be an Impostor. Each night, the Impostors decide who to kill. In each 24 hour period, the Invitees will lynch, and the Impostors will hunt. The Invitees can try to lynch multiple people by creating a deck, Lemeard-approved TIE, and the Impostors can also decide not to hunt anyone at all at night, even though, let's face it, it's a very stupid decision which I don't believe anyone has ever intentionally carried out. (Wagon, correct me politely if I'm wrong.)

The Impostors win if they reach parity with the Invitees. The Invitees win if they eliminate the Impostors, for certain definitions of winning, considering many of them probably threw their lives away for nothing. But hey, isn't that what Werewolf is all about?

Roles:
12 X Invitees: These men and women (but mostly men) were invited to P. Doxx Werewolf's funeral, despite having never seen, met, or heard of the man. They're just hoping the luncheon is good.

4 X Impostors: These folks are Mysterious Foreign Agents™ who are cooperating in order to find out the secrets of P. Doxx Werewolf, and possibly make some money too. While they are at it, they plan to kill all the invitees for practice, as one does when one is a Mysterious Foreign Agent™.

1 X Werewolf: This man, mysterious as he is, has faked his own death to see who would show up to his funeral. No, it doesn't make a tremendous amount of sense to me either. As he drew up the guest list, he has the ability to investigate one person every night to determine if they are truly invited or an impostor.

Deadline:

DEADLINE FOR VOTES AND OTHER STUFF IS 21:00 GMT

A vote posted at 20:59 will count. One posted at 21:00 will NOT!
Voting Ends At Deadline Even If Game Moderator Is Not Present!
(Unless stated otherwise by GM)

Uniform Code of Funeral Justice:
§1A. - You sign up to the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
§1B. - No new players will be admitted after the game has started, EXCEPT if substituting for another player.
§1C. - You may at any time be substituted out by requesting so in the thread.
§1D. - Players are responsible for any Private Messages (PMs) missed due to inbox being full.

§2. - Orders and votes submitted after deadline are ignored.

§3A. – Players will vote daily. Should they not vote, THEY WILL BE REPLACED. There will be no exceptions unless the Game Moderator states otherwise.
§3B. – Invalid votes (Voting for Game Moderator/Ghosts) will not be accepted.
§3C. – In the event of a TIE, ALL TIED players will be executed.
§3D. - The player(s) with the majority of votes at deadline is considered dead. He will not reveal any inside information after the deadline.

§4A. - SPECTATORS AND GHOSTS MAY HAUNT, TAUNT AND FLAUNT, BUT NEVER SUGGEST ANY COURSE OF ACTION OR REVEAL ANY INFORMATION. ANY ACTION WHICH CAN AFFECT TO THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME IS FORBIDDEN. ANYONE CAUGHT DOING IT WILL BE *PERMANENTLY* BANNED FROM PARTICIPATION. NO EXCUSES ARE VALID.
§4B. - When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-white colour.

§5. - Alliances and Feuds which aren't based on your characters or roles in the game between players are forbidden. Alliances and Feuds which continue from one game to another undermine the whole idea of the game.

§6A. – The Game Moderator has the last word on all matters.
§6B. – If the Game Moderator makes a mistake (e.g. with the vote count, hunt/scan orders), if critical information has been revealed, the mistake will be kept.

§7A. – Forging PMs is allowed. Screenshots of PMs is not.
§7B. - Posting or quoting of PMs from the GM is not allowed - real or forged.

§8. – Voting must be done in the following way. Write "VOTE" and the person you are voting for in size 4 bold text. For example:

VOTE EUROO7

If you wish to un-vote someone, write "UNVOTE":

UNVOTE EUROO7, VOTE EUROO8

Any other type of voting will not be counted and will make you eligible for subbing. In case of re-voting without un-voting the original vote will be the counted vote. DO NOT EDIT VOTES AFTER POSTING THEM.

§9. - The GM can and will remove players if the GM believes the player is not participating at his/her full capacity. This will be done through the use of killing the player's role, or using substitutes, if they are available. All such decisions are made solely at the discretion of the GM. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE GAME IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T PARTICIPATE.

§10A. – Trust no one. Especially not the GM.
§10B. - Always Trust the GM.

Player List
Players:
Audren as Frederic Chopin, lynched day one
2. Claude LC, won night six
3. Capibara, hunted night one
4. Castor94, overwhelmed night six
5. BlackCrown, hunted night six
6. aedan777 as a frequent funeral attendee, hunted night five
7. De Chatillon, hunted night four
8. Tus3, overwhelmed night six
9. alynkio, hunted night zero
10. Eternaly_Lost, lynched day three
11. Gissy jeray2000, lynched day six
12. F72Voyager, lynched day five
13. reis91 as an incendiary Portuguese, hunted night three
14. Tornadoli alynkio v2, won night six
15. Wagonlitz as a tram designer, lynched day two
16. alxeu as a Renaissance man, lynched day four
17. LatinKaiser as Hel, Norse goddess of the underworld, hunted night two

Subs:

GM:
1. Arkasas

Last edited:
In

In

In, and happy new year.

(also interesting that the deadline is now earlier, then in my previous game. I might even be on at the deadline now).

IN as Frederic Chopin

In, and happy new year.

(also interesting that the deadline is now earlier, then in my previous game. I might even be on at the deadline now).

Welcome back. Yes, deadline is set solely at the pleasure of the GM.

Yes, you were inconvenienced last game by a GM who couldn't be arsed enough to show up at an earlier time (and half the time not even then).

If I'm a wolf, I promise not to hunt you until at least night 3 this time :p

In an unrelated note, it's 11 degrees (-12 C) out and the central heat in my apartment is currently dysfunctional. I'm huddled in blankets and literally hugging an electric kettle.

If I'm a wolf, I promise not to hunt you until at least night 3 this time :p

In an unrelated note, it's 11 degrees (-12 C) out and the central heat in my apartment is currently dysfunctional. I'm huddled in blankets and literally hugging an electric kettle.

Ouch. I know that feel. The basement at my work has no central heating and we need to go down there a few times a shift. We've been bundling up all week before going down there because of how cold it is. Hope you manage to keep warm.

In as Tequila.

I guess it's about time I got another WW fix. In.

PS: Have Lite themes gone this downhill?

Welcome back, Incendiary Portuguese Reis. @EUROO7 come lynch him.

Haven't you heard? Werewolf is dead! It's been dead since 2008, but it was especially 'dead' last year.