• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PanzerCorps

Total War Programmer
57 Badges
Sep 6, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Magicka 2
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition

fmOroch.jpg

19th of August, 1839

I wish I could ask you how much you remember. I don't know if there will be anything left after I consume this drink. Don't be afraid Daniel. I can't tell you why, but know this: I choose to forget. Try to find comfort and strength in that fact. There is a purpose. You are my final effort to put things right.

God willing, the name Alexander of Brennenburg still invokes bitter anger in you. If not, this will sound horrible: Go to the Inner Sanctum, find Alexander and kill him. His body is old and weak, and yours, young and strong. He will be no match for you.

One last thing, a shadow is following you. It is a living nightmare, breaking down reality. I have tried everything and there is no way to fight back. You need to escape it as long as you can.

Redeem us both Daniel. Descend into the darkness where Alexander waits and murder him.

Your former self,
Daniel

The Goal

Alone, you are not a person. Each of you is a bit of Daniel's personality. Some sane, some not. Only the insane want to delay their inevitable deaths. For the rest of you, killing Alexander of Brennenburg is all that matters. You are already in his castle, but the trip to the inner sanctum will still be a long, dangerous one. It will be done in 7 intervals, with a period of rest between each of them.

The sane bits win if at least one of them is still alive after the 7th interval.
The insane bits win if they reach parity early enough.
(1v1 parity term 6 - 2v2 parity term 5 - 3v3 parity term 4 - ...)

The Journey

After each "interval", you will have to rest before continuing. During that time, the nightmare, attracted by the insane bits, will catch up with you and murder one person. It will be chosen randomly(but will always hit sane ones - the nightmare drains your sanity, it does not help it), unless the insane redirect the attack early enough.

To restore your sanity, while traveling, you will choose who you think is most likely to be insane. If undecided, you can lynch multiple people.

Your Personality

It is split in multiple parts. You do not know which do or do not actually exist, or how many there are of each. These, however, are the possible bits:

Ones that are normal:Want to murder Alexander. At least one must survive the journey, ie, the 7 intervals. (Vanilla villager: 1+ of this)

Ones that are insane:Want to delay their inevitable death. They attract the shadow, and decide where it will hit. (Vanilla werewolf: 1+ of this)

Ones that still remember:Most eager to end Alexander, they can call off the resting period, but only once, as afterwards your body is too tired. (Cancels effects of nightly orders - No hunt, no scan. 0+ of this)

Ones that know the truth:At times only they know, can scan to see if someone is sane or not. (Seer, with certain restrictions, 0+ of this)

Ones that are unhealthily compassionate: Not insane, but do not wish to see the sane ones kill someone they know nothing about. (Warlock minus blocking powers - counts for parity, can be scanned, can't win alone: 0+ of this)

Voting

You must cast your vote for who to lynch before 22:01 GMT every day. Should you fail to do so, you will be declared lost and continued without.

Other Rules

§1A. - You sign up to the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
§1B. - No new players will be admitted after the game has started, EXCEPT if substituting for another player.
§1C. - You may at any time be substituted out by requesting so in the thread.
§1D. - Players are responsible for any Private Messages (PMs) missed due to inbox being full.

§2. - Orders and votes submitted after deadline are ignored.

§3A. – Players will vote daily. Should they not vote, THEY WILL BE REPLACED. There will be no exceptions unless the Game Moderator states otherwise.
§3B. – Invalid votes (Voting for Game Moderator/Ghosts) will not be accepted.
§3C. – In the event of a TIE, ALL TIED players will be executed.
§3D. - The player(s) with the majority of votes at deadline is considered dead. He will not reveal any inside information after the deadline.

§4A. - SPECTATORS AND GHOSTS MAY HAUNT, TAUNT AND FLAUNT, BUT NEVER SUGGEST ANY COURSE OF ACTION OR REVEAL ANY INFORMATION. ANY ACTION WHICH CAN AFFECT TO THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME IS FORBIDDEN. ANYONE CAUGHT DOING IT WILL BE *PERMANENTLY* BANNED FROM PARTICIPATION. NO EXCUSES ARE VALID.
§4B. - When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-white colour.

§5. - Alliances and Feuds which aren't based on your characters or roles in the game between players are forbidden. Alliances and Feuds which continue from one game to another undermine the whole idea of the game.

§6A. – The Game Moderator has the last word on all matters.
§6B. – If the Game Moderator makes a mistake (e.g. with the vote count, hunt/scan orders), if critical information has been revealed, the mistake will be kept.

§7A. – Forging PMs is allowed. Screenshots of PMs is not.
§7B. - Posting or quoting of PMs from the GM is not allowed - real or forged.

§8. – Voting must be done in the following way. Write "VOTE" and the person you are voting for in size 4 bold text. For example:

VOTE EUROO7

If you wish to un-vote someone, write "UNVOTE":

UNVOTE EUROO7, VOTE EUROO8

Any other type of voting will not be counted and will make you eligible for subbing. In case of re-voting without un-voting the original vote will be the counted vote. DO NOT EDIT VOTES AFTER POSTING THEM.

§9. - The GM can and will remove players if the GM believes the player is not participating at his/her full capacity. This will be done through the use of killing the player's role, or using substitutes, if they are available. All such decisions are made solely at the discretion of the GM. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE GAME IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T PARTICIPATE.

§10A. – Trust no one. Especially not the GM.
§10B. - Always Trust the GM.

Last edited:
Components of the soul:
1-
Arkasas(Reserved) as a wolf, lynched day 5.
2-
Wagonlitz as blood lust, a seer, won the game.
3-
Hax as a participant of a Dutch rave party, a villager, won the game.
4-
Madchemist as a wolf, lynched day 6.
5-Aedan as a villager, hunted night 0.
6-
Tonka as a villager, lynched day 2.
7-
The Split as a seer, lynched day 3.
8-
Nautilu as a wolf, lynched day 2.
9-
Gen. Skobelev as a villager, hunted night 4.
10-
Euro as a wolf, lynched day 4.
11-
Ithvan as a villager, won the game.
12-
Leksu as a villager, lynched day 1.
13-
Snoopdogg as a villager, hunted night 3.
14-
Falc as a villager, hunted night 2.
15-
Videonfan subbed by Aedan 2.0 as a villager, won the game.
16-
Oyoyoy as Brain Fart, a villager, hunted night 5.
17-
Narref as a seer, hunted night 1.

Floating Souls:
1-Leksu 2.0
2-Snoopdogg 2.0
3-NO_TXT_FOR_KEY_CHAR

Journey Chronicles:

Night 0:
Aedan, a sane bit of personality, is lost before the journey begins.

Day 1:
Leksu, a sane bit of personality, is lost on the first interval.
Night 1:
Narref, a bit that knows the truth, is lost during the first resting period.

Day 2:
Nautilu the insane personality bit is lost alongside Tonka, the sane personality bit.
Night 2:
Falc the sane personality bit is lost during the second resting period.

Day 3:
Split the bit that knows the truth is lost..
Night 3:
Snoopdogg the sane personality bit is lost during the third resting period.

Day 4:
Euro the insane personality bit is gotten rid of.
Night 4:
Gen. Skobelev the sane personality bit is lost during the 4th resting period.

Day 5:
Arkasas the insane personality bit is no more.
Night 5:
Oyoyoy the sane personality bit is lost forever.

Day 6:
Madchemist the last insane personality bit is finally eliminated.

Day 7:
Wagonlitz, Hax, Aedan and Ithvan murder Alexander, thus redeeming Daniel who can now leave the castle, un-cursed and with a free conscience.

Last edited:
In! Here is a mindscrew...

I highly suggest switching to the Crusader Kings theme for the duration of the game.
Good idea; that helped a lot. Do you by the way know how to make it only have the Crusader Kings theme on this sub forum? After I switched it is applied to the whole forum.
My RP will be the blood lust

In, though I can't say I'm familiar with the theme.

Also, just trying to make sense of things: One good guy can call off the night turn (so no hunt, no seer scan?) And what's with reaching parity "early enough" for the bad guys to win?

In

And what's with reaching parity "early enough" for the bad guys to win?
It means that to win the baddies must reach parity before day 7; normally the baddies just need to reach parity sometime to win. That also means that we don't have to kill all wolves as long as there is enough villagers alive.

Good idea; that helped a lot. Do you by the way know how to make it only have the Crusader Kings theme on this sub forum? After I switched it is applied to the whole forum.
My RP will be the blood lust

No idea, sadly.

In, though I can't say I'm familiar with the theme.

Also, just trying to make sense of things: One good guy can call off the night turn (so no hunt, no seer scan?) And what's with reaching parity "early enough" for the bad guys to win?

I am afraid I cannot answer. The rules are vague on purpose. You are, however, welcome to try to make sense of them on your own

In

"Once upon a time" was CCLXXXII
Euro's game should have been CCLXXXIII
Then my game would have been CCLXXXIV
Last one being CCLXXXV
So this one is CCLXXXVI

In related news, I asked jacob to change the numbers, so hopefully that will end the mess.

Oh well, another nightly deadline. Still

in

as it seems the player numbers are limited in any case so everybody is needed to fill the quota.