• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Awesome! Many thanks once again! Unfortunately though, it appears as though I can't paste links of any type, probably due to not posting anything anywhere else on the forums.
I was wondering why I couldn't see it. You seem to have posted it in the OT forum, rather than in OT forum games.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
No idea what he is talking about, its in the right spot. Clearly delusional.

Reactions:
Awesome! Many thanks once again! Unfortunately though, it appears as though I can't paste links of any type, probably due to not posting anything anywhere else on the forums.
You indeed need to make posts which count.
You have posted a grand total of 0 posts which count, which means you're subject to the increasingly harsher anti spam measures.

Go and post some in the history forum or one of the game forums.
OT and WW doesn't count. (Perhaps for the better as otherwise we all would have like 100k posts to our names)

You indeed need to make posts which count.
You have posted a grand total of 0 posts which count, which means you're subject to the increasingly harsher anti spam measures.

Go and post some in the history forum or one of the game forums.
OT and WW doesn't count. (Perhaps for the better as otherwise we all would have like 100k posts to our names)
Got it. I will see if I can work on that.

Anyone planning on running a lite? My school ends tomorrow and then I have four weeks until summer school starts up. I'm hoping to run a game between now and then.

Hi there!!

Glissa's mafia championship game has just started, get hyped!!!!

GAME 7: JUNE 14, 48/24, 9PM EDT
Ampharos (Smogon)
Bex (Werewolves Anonymous)
BobMcBob (webDiplomacy)
Box (Wolvesville)
Bunnelby (Mafia Games Discord)
CaptainGrimlock (Paradox Interactive (Paradox Plaza))
Chilly (Devil's Nest)
Glissa (Paranoia Paradise)
Logic (The Org)
ponchi (Rabbit Doubt Gaming)
Powerturtle (Forums of Loathing)
Psycho666Soldier (The Center)
stoutfish (Bread and Roses)
tabitha (LA Gaming Circle)
Thunal33 (Mafia Cafe (formerly PerC))

You can follow it here: https: //www . mafiauniverse . com/forums/threads/30972-Season-8-Game-7-Heroes-Assemble%21-Saving-Universe-City-from-Itself-The-Mafia-Championship (without spaces!)

Do you wish to spectate and/or talk with players from other communities?
We have a big server on Discord (1,500+ members) for those that want to spectate and talk about these games. The representatives will be added to this channel too after they die. Or if you just want to chat with people from other communities, we have a general chat too that is unrelated to the Mafia Championship.

1) CLICK HERE TO JOIN: https: //discord . gg/3BtbmnR (without spaces!)

2) Upon joining the server, please inform us of who you are and which community you are from. We will then give you the necessary permissions to see the spectator channel. This is necessary to avoid the wrong people (the representatives and their backups) joining the channel. You don't need to have Discord installed in order to join the channel, as there is a web version.

Do you want to have your own private community spectator chat?
This is definitely both allowed and encouraged. However, I ask that you please do everything possible to make this chat private and inaccessible to your representative, backup and your representative's opponents. It's important that your thoughts and comments don't influence the game. In other words, please don't post about the game in public threads -- this is very important.

Feel free to contact me at Arapocalypse#0834 if you have any questions!!!

Good luck @CaptainGrimlock

On another note, and I know it's probaby not a good idea with our recent 18-person bigs... (but that's only been two):

How about 3 types of different wolves, otherwise still hunting 1 of the 3 per night:
- Werewolves
- Demon-Possessed
- Vampires - specialty of vampires: they don't kill people (they do kill wolves/possessed/major goodies if they hunt em), but turn them into thralls. If all wolves and possessed are dead, and vampires+thralls outnumber villagers, vampires win.

Main goodies:
Alchemist (or seer) - can detect werewolves, anyone else is given as 'nothing special'
Van Helsing - can detect and kill vampires. So long as he kills vampires (and maybe thralls?), he keeps having more shots, but if he kills a goodie or possessed he loses power, if he kills a wolf he dies too.
Priest - can detect possessed and thralls, anyone else is given as 'nothing special'. If attacked & killed kills an assailant too.
Exorcist - turns thralls back into villagers. Returned villagers can never be turned again, and if the vampires run out of thralls (less thralls+ not-returned villagers than vampires) they die

Probably overly complex, and frankly I think the vampires only work in 3+ pack games, but, you know - maybe it works, or maybe someone can steal some ideas :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Good luck @CaptainGrimlock

On another note, and I know it's probaby not a good idea with our recent 18-person bigs... (but that's only been two):

How about 3 types of different wolves, otherwise still hunting 1 of the 3 per night:
- Werewolves
- Demon-Possessed
- Vampires - specialty of vampires: they don't kill people (they do kill wolves/possessed/major goodies if they hunt em), but turn them into thralls. If all wolves and possessed are dead, and vampires+thralls outnumber villagers, vampires win.

Main goodies:
Alchemist (or seer) - can detect werewolves, anyone else is given as 'nothing special'
Van Helsing - can detect and kill vampires. So long as he kills vampires (and maybe thralls?), he keeps having more shots, but if he kills a goodie or possessed he loses power, if he kills a wolf he dies too.
Priest - can detect possessed and thralls, anyone else is given as 'nothing special'. If attacked & killed kills an assailant too.
Exorcist - turns thralls back into villagers. Returned villagers can never be turned again, and if the vampires run out of thralls (less thralls+ not-returned villagers than vampires) they die

Probably overly complex, and frankly I think the vampires only work in 3+ pack games, but, you know - maybe it works, or maybe someone can steal some ideas :)

I'm pretty sure vampires have been tried on these forums before, although I don't think I played in any of those games. It would be nice yes, if only we had enough people.

I'm pretty sure vampires have been tried on these forums before, although I don't think I played in any of those games. It would be nice yes, if only we had enough people.
The vampires we've used, at least the ones we've used that I remember, were different than what Avernite proposed. They were just wolves that the priest could find, so that there was a pack of wolves that the seer could scan for and a pack of vampires that the priest could scan for.

The vampires we've used, at least the ones we've used that I remember, were different than what Avernite proposed. They were just wolves that the priest could find, so that there was a pack of wolves that the seer could scan for and a pack of vampires that the priest could scan for.
Oh, maybe...

While the version Avernite is proposing feels like it would only work in a 30+ player game, I think we could try it in a smaller game by having maybe only one small pack of wolves. I would have no idea how to balance it though.

Oh, maybe...

While the version Avernite is proposing feels like it would only work in a 30+ player game, I think we could try it in a smaller game by having maybe only one small pack of wolves. I would have no idea how to balance it though.
I don't think it really can be - as in, my idea is its supposed to be balanced by the exorcist, who only starts having effect at large quantities of thralls, meaning the vampires can't be allowed to win with a small quantity of thralls. And offsetting that by having only 1-2 vampires means they are too vulnerable to absenteeism or unlucky hits.

So you're working on the next game then?

Do we still have a history thread somewhere?