• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just an FYI, A lot of activity is expected. One or two big analysis posts a day will not cut it there. On the plus side, we (mc and I) figured out the wolves in three days when we played.
It would be a good time to practice my big posts then. I’ll probably die quickly, but it’ll be fun to see how other communities play.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Great, do you want to contact Lissa on Discord yourself or do you want me to arrange things and send you further information here?

Also, if anyone else is interested, @Ironhide G1, you can still sign up as a backup.
I'll be backup. Do you have a link?

Someone needs to do a single pack big soon. With like 4 wolves, 2 attached cultist, maybe a sorc unattached. Too many games where there’s a baddie dying every day

Now that I finally have moved in I could give it a shot but I wanted start with a lite first.

New Lite up!

Anybody want to co-host a game with me?

Someone needs to do a single pack big soon. With like 4 wolves, 2 attached cultist, maybe a sorc unattached. Too many games where there’s a baddie dying every day

The problem with big packs is the new forum conversation limit. If you wanted a pack of 6 wolves then you couldn't have the GM in a conversation with them. Otherwise, I used to like single pack bigs too.

Anybody want to co-host a game with me?

I'm thinking of taking a long, long break from hosting but maybe after I return.

Okay. I'd like to work a consultant for anyone running a new game. I just can 't do the nightly updates

Okay. I'd like to work a consultant for anyone running a new game. I just can 't do the nightly updates
Yeah consistency and bookeeping is my main worry myself about hosting. I might take up your offer. I'm not sure if anyone would want a 5:00 or 6:00 GMT deadline though.

Yeah consistency and bookeeping is my main worry myself about hosting. I might take up your offer. I'm not sure if anyone would want a 5:00 or 6:00 GMT deadline though.

Oooh I do, I definitely do. I get the feeling I'm the only one.

I probably will sit this one out, but I'm down for a light in near future.

The problem with big packs is the new forum conversation limit. If you wanted a pack of 6 wolves then you couldn't have the GM in a conversation with them. Otherwise, I used to like single pack bigs too.

You can always use Quicktopic. But I get that PMs are more comfortable and 2-3 packs give local games a unique flavour. Another way to avoid cross killing would be to make 2 smaller packs aligned with each other. They wouldn't be able to hunt members of the other pack and cross-killing would be possible in the thread only.

I probably will sit this one out, but I'm down for a light in near future.

You can always use Quicktopic. But I get that PMs are more comfortable and 2-3 packs give local games a unique flavour. Another way to avoid cross killing would be to make 2 smaller packs aligned with each other. They wouldn't be able to hunt members of the other pack and cross-killing would be possible in the thread only.

Interesting ideas! I haven't heard of Quicktopic, but I guess Discord could also work? We still don't have 100% Discord adoption though

Quicktopic is super easy. You basically start a thread there and send links to wolves. We use it instead of private messages at CivFanatics, because you can link it after game's over and to show everyone werewolf communication, moods, who they considered dangerous and so on. But I always found it slightly inconvenient opening that off-site tab several times a day.
Mafia Universe has its own system of private threads for wolves, but most games use Discord (unfortunately). Discord as a chatting app is good for fast pre-deadline communication, but it's not as good for record keeping (you don't want to have twenty dead discord servers attached to your account).
Still, I probably find it best to work with limitations of traditional local messaging system in a creative way. New technologies might bring unprecedented changes and drastically alter the way werewolf is being played.

I'm happy to co-host if anyone wants me to. Can't run a game on my own because my schedule is not conducive to being online at a consistent time of day, but I'd be able to create a theme/setup and write RP updates posted at odd hours if need be.

The old solution to this was to have cultists unattached but in touch with one wolf master only. And a separate PM for the wolves.

Grimlock and I will be running a Transformers themed big, I hopefully will have it up tonight.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: