Werewolf FAQ, Strategy Tips, and Helpful Information

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Werewolf Frequently Asked Questions (Courtesy of Slinky)

1. What is this werewolf?
Werewolf is a game, it is also known as Mafia. It's origins lie in a card game, but it can be played online. It's played by a group of people, called a village. Each turn is seperated in a night and a day segment. At night some of the villagers turn into werewolves. The werewolves know each other, but their identity is unknown to the rest of the village. During the night the werewolves hunt one villager. When it becomes day the werewolves turn into normal villagers again, undistinguishable from the rest of the players. During the day each player votes for the person they think is the most likely werewolf. The player with the most votes is lynched by the village at the end of the day. Of course the werewolves will try to steer the voting so that no werewolf is lynched, while the villagers are trying to find out who the werewolves are. After the day another night ensues. The goal of the villagers is to kill all werewolves and the goal of the werewolves is to kill enough villagers to reach parity.
2. What is the difference between Lite and regular werewolf?
Basically Lite werewolf is the simplest form of werewolf. The most common form of a Lite game only has villagers, wolves and a seer, though this may vary depending on the GM. A Lite werewolf game has only a limited number of players, most common are 15 or 17 players. The big werewolf games have unlimited spots for players and all kinds of roles and traits can be found in them.
3. Where can I find the old games?
A list of old games is maintained by Wagonlitz here. In the past the game of werewolf was played in the OT forum. When the game of werewolf migrated to this subforum those threads stayed behind, but they can be found in the previous games thread.
4. Where do I discuss werewolf related stuff?
You can talk about werewolf in the Werewolf General Planning Thread or in the Forum games Bar and Tavern.
5. I am new to the game. What do I do?
The best way to learn werewolf is by joining a game. Reading some of the previous games gives a general idea of how the game is played. A strategy guide for new players is also posted below. In the mean time you can ask your questions in either of the locations linked above. During a game you can ask questions to the GM. Don't trust the other players during a game. Paranoia is the key to victory. :)
6. How can I find out when a new game is about to start?
New games are often announced in the New WW Game is Up! thread. Subscribe to the thread by clicking: [Thread Tools] -> [Subscribe to this Thread]. When you are subscribed you will be notified of new posts made in the thread.
7. How long does a game take?
Werewolf games have no fixed duration. A Lite game is usually finished within a week. From start to finish it will typically take between 4 and 8 days. The duration of a big game depends on the number of players. Usually it takes somewhere between two and four weeks.
8. Why are there no more than two games active at the same time?
There is always one Lite game and one big game active. Having too many games active will lead to confusion and lower attendance. A game of werewolf can be quite demanding at times and if a player has to keep track of multiple games he may lose interest in one of them. The chance of making a mistake or mixing up the games also increases. By having only two games active all players are eager to play and encouraged to put effort into the game. After all, when you are out you can´t immediately join a new game.
9. How do I join a game?
You join a game by posting to that effect in the game-thread. A post saying "In" suffices. Be aware that when you join a game a certain amount of activity is expected of you. If you know that you will not be able to contribute to the game, do not join, but wait until you have the time to participate. In the case of a Lite game, you might be taking up a spot for someone who can be active.
10. I just missed sign-up, what do I do?
Sign up as a substitute. Sometimes a player can't finish the game or he becomes inactive and needs to be replaced by a substitute. Other than that you will have to wait till the next game starts.
11. I forgot to vote and it is past the deadline, what do I do?
The precise action taken depends on the GM and usually the consequences of missing a vote are detailed in the first post of the game. In almost every game the following applies. If it is a big game and it is the first time you forgot to vote, it is not a big deal. An apology is enough and you can enjoy the rest of the game. Lite is a whole different matter though. Because of the nature of Lite games, it is very important for analysis that everyone votes every day. Forgetting to vote in Lite usually get's you subbed out. You will than have to wait for the next game to start.
12. Something unexpected has come up and I can't finish the game. What to do?
Notify the GM that you can´t finish the game and he will appoint someone as your substitute. If you need to give your succesor information you can send that in a PM to the GM. You can´t choose your own substitute.
13. When does a game count as a win?
An win is awarded individually, but the game of werewolf is team based. Because of this sometimes conflicts of interest arise. On the whole it is frowned upon to sell out your own side and the most common victory is to be alive and on the winning side at the end of the game. A better scoring system might be one that takes into account the actions of a player during the game and there once was such a system, the Ironhead quotient, but it was too time consuming to keep updated.
14. Is there a hall of fame?
Yes, there is. A list of number of victories in Lite and Big games may be found here, maintained by Arkasas.
15. Do I have to roleplay?
No. Roleplaying is purely done for fun. It is always appreciated if you decide to roleplay, but it is not mandatory.
16. What is a GM?
A GM is the Game Moderator. He runs the game. A GM distributes the roles, receives and processes orders from the players and makes the updates.
17. Can I start my own game?
Yes, but since there is a maximum of two active games a new game can only be started after another game has finished. Note that a Lite game needs to be followed by another Lite game and a big game by a big game. It is also possible that someone has claimed the GM-spot for the next game, in which case it's bad form to 'steal' the GM-ship. Community approval is also highly recommended for potential GMs. To find out if someone has claimed GM already, ask in the just finished game.
18. How do I claim a GM-ship?
By posting to that end in the latest active game of the kind you wish to GM.
19. Why are all these people posting in color?
When someone posts in color it usually means he is a ghost. Ghosts are dead players or spectators, in other words: they are not currently playing the game. To distinguish the actual players from the ghosts, ghosts are required to post in non-white. This makes the game easier to track for the players and the GM. A player killed in the game becomes a ghost and from that point on has to write in color. Note that not all people posting in color are ghosts, some may be players who are roleplaying. Also, the GM usually posts in color.
20. I am a spectator, but I want to post in the game-thread?
A spectator can post in the game-thread under a few restrictions. First of all, the post must be made in a non-white color. Do not use the same color as the GM. A post made by a spectator may never influence the game. This includes posts suggesting a course of action, revealing information, posting a summary, posting a vote count, and any other kind of post that can influence the outcome of the game.
21 Do posts in the Werewolf Games subforum count towards your forum postcount?
No, they don't.
22. Where can I find the game rules?
The rules for a game of werewolf can differ from game to game. The rules for every game are included in the first post in the game-thread.
23. The GM says something contradictory to the rules. Do I follow the GM or the rules?
During a game the GM is always right. When in doubt listen to the GM. If there is a serious rule conflict you can PM the GM about it, but in the end the GM decides the course of action.
24. What to do when the GM doesn't update?
It can sometimes happen that a GM is late with updating. Real life issues can always come knocking. Just sit tight and wait. If the GM is a couple of hours late, the game will resume on the next deadline. It is extremely rare for a GM to not show up at all. In the big game the game can not continue without the GM, since he is the only person to know all hidden traits. In Lite it is possible to appoint a substitute GM. The players will then have to decide if they want to continue the game with a substitute GM or cancel it.
25. Can I PM other players?
Yes, PM-ing other players is allowed.
26. Can I publish my role PM?
No, it is not allowed to directly quote PM's from the GM in any fashion, unless stated otherwise by the rules of the particular game you are in.
27. Can I fake PM's?
Yes, faking a PM is allowed. It is however not allowed to post screenshots of PM's.
28. How do I found out if my new awesome idea to win the game is not against the rules?
If you are in doubt if something you want to do is against the rules, it usually is or should be. If it goes against the spirit of the game it is better not to do. If you really don't know, you can ask the GM or else an experienced player not involved in the game. There usually are enough of them around.
29. Where do I go if my question is not listed here?
Any questions you have you can ask in the Werewolf General Planning Thread or in the Forum games Bar and Tavern. We are a friendly bunch and don't bite ... much. ;)

Last edited:
Madchemist’s Guide to Werewolf Lite

Welcome to Werewolf Lite! This is the most common form of the game played on this forum: 17 total players, consisting of 12 villagers, 4 wolves, and 1 seer. The villagers and the seer work to get all the wolves lynched, while the wolves work to lynch and hunt their opponents until they have reached parity (wolves outnumber or equal the surviving villagers). A Lite game is both short and intense (guaranteed to end in no more than a week), so you have very little time to waste if you want to win.

Although the rules and variety of roles are simple, Werewolf Lite games possess a fair amount of tactical complexity, and present a challenging intellectual puzzle when played properly. There’s a reason that there have been nearly 400 games of it on this forum; it never really gets old outwitting a new set of villagers, seeing through the deceptions of another set of wolves, or being the hidden mastermind destroying a wolfpack while they hunt everyone else around you.

As mentioned above, the standard Lite game has only three possible roles: villager, wolf, or seer. (A handful of other variants exist, but are much less common.) Your goal for each role can be summed up quite succinctly: you want to convince everyone else that you are a villager. The real trick, of course, is how to achieve that. Below are some tips that I find useful for each role:

1. Villager
This is the most common role in the game. You have no special abilities, and no weapons save your own native intelligence and your power to vote. Your task is to figure out who the wolves are and get them lynched, preferably while avoiding being hunted (although that is not under your control, so really your best bet is to lynch wolves and not really worry about your own personal survival from hunts). You must try to figure out which players are advancing weak cases, which players are making votes that seem aimed toward lynching likely villagers, and which players are making votes that protect suspicious players. This is always an error-prone process, and as often as not your ideas will be wrong. Even if you are right, you will often be rewarded by being hunted. But you can't guess right without making a guess in the first place.

The most important thing for you to do as a villager is to be active. Be one of the ones coming up with ideas concerning who the bad guys are. If you do that, other players will notice that you seem to care about figuring out who the wolves are, and it might take some pressure off of you if you get close to being lynched. If you’re getting run up, don't focus so much on why you're innocent (attracting attention to yourself almost always gets you killed, one way or another), but rather on why someone else is likely guilty.

2. Seer
The seer is the most important player on the “good” side in WW Lite; every scan of his will clear or implicate a player, with perfect accuracy. If you are the seer, you are permitted to contact the players whom you have found to be villagers and work with them secretly. (Around here, we refer to this as establishing a "JL", or "Justice League".) Typically, your task as seer will be to make sure that your scanned villagers live and that scanned wolves get lynched. If you know the identity of a wolf, the traditional and "safe" way to get rid of him is to have a scanned villager tell the whole village that a particular player is a wolf (called "outing" a wolf). There are more advanced strategies as well: for instance, I have had a scanned villager contact an unscanned player in order to make the outing (especially useful with a pack that tends to hunt the JL spokesman). But one way or another, you want to make sure the wolves you find get killed without exposing yourself.

The seer should try to play exactly like he would as a villager, but with one important caveat - you actually want to appear a little suspicious so that the wolves think they can lynch you. If the wolves are saving you for lynching, they're not going to hunt you. And because you have several villagers having your back, you're probably not going to be lynched on any given day. There's a tricky balance to be struck (if you’re too suspicious then the JL may have to save you openly, and if you aren’t then you may get hunted as someone the wolves can’t kill otherwise), but when played well, being a seer is very rewarding. And if you do manage to survive with an intact JL until around Day 4, odds are exceedingly good that you’re going to win.

3. Wolf
I believe that being a wolf is the trickiest role in a Lite game. Unlike villagers and seers, you have complete information, and you need to conceal that you have it. You need to seem like you don't already know everything, and need to feign interest in discovering who is a wolf, while trying to make sure your packmates get lynched as rarely as possible.

Obviously, your first priority is to hunt the seer, as he can determine you are a wolf no matter how good you are at concealing your role. A seer surviving into the end game basically guarantees your defeat as a wolf. Hunting the seer is often highly luck-dependent, but you can sometimes try to reverse the tactics a villager would use while finding wolves: is there a player who seems immune to being run up, despite being reasonably suspicious? Does it seem like there’s someone being protected by one or more villagers? There’s no foolproof way to go about it, but if you get lucky and hit the seer early, you’re in pretty good shape. Usually.

Beyond that, you want to hunt people who seem obviously villager-ish while lynching the more suspicious villagers, all without making it obvious that you're trying to do this. You will usually be harder to lynch as a wolf than as a villager, since you have three other people with a vested interest in you not dying. However, you’re still badly outnumbered by the village. You can’t afford to be complacent and not make cases, or make obviously stupid cases. It may sometimes be necessary to vote packmates, but try to do so only when there is a substantial strategic gain to be had from it. It’s usually much easier to win with packmates than without them. That said, if a packmate has screwed up fatally, not killing them may mean that you’re next on the chopping block. Use your discretion and your common sense, and time your betrayals well.

Last but not least, some advice that applies to any role: your most important power, no matter who you are, is your vote. Don’t waste it! Any time you throw away your vote, you are giving other people, many of whom have interests very different from your own, power over who gets lynched. And that’s the surest way to either get lynched yourself or have people you want alive lynched.

Madchemist’s Guide to “Big” Werewolf Games

Unlike the much simpler Lite games, a Big game of Werewolf offers a wide variety of different possible roles, and is in general a substantially more complicated game. There are usually three sides instead of just two, there are players whose allegiance is not fixed, and players can do a lot of things that just aren’t possible in Lite games. Most of the advice given for players in Lite games remains at least somewhat applicable, however.

The setup of a Big is decided by the GM and is unknown to the players at the start, so anything I write here may not be totally applicable to any individual game. There is, however, a general consensus among most GMs here that a Big game should consist of one goodie side and two separate packs of baddie players, usually with one or more unattached baddies as well. To win, the goodies must eliminate all packs of baddies, while the baddies must eliminate the other pack and outnumber the goodies.

It’s impossible to give tips for every possible role and trait, but some of the most common ones are listed below:

Major scanning goodie (Seer, Priest)
The first thing to remember is that unlike in Lite games, a single scan is never enough to clear a player. A player is not a guaranteed goodie unless he has been scanned by both the priest and the seer (and even then, if he’s cursed, he may be hunted and become a wolf later on, but that’s an event you have little to no control over). This makes it so that a Seer or Priest cannot just contact every player he has scanned as a villager and know that they’re OK. Every major goodie’s top priority is to get a full-fledged Justice League up and running, ideally with both scanners coordinating and with protectors guarding. If this happens, seer and priest can combine their scans and get a list of completely safe players who can then be (mostly) trusted.

Over the course of a game, it often happens that a villager may claim a particular role and provide solid evidence that he has said role. If this occurs, it may be worth contacting this player to try to get the JL coordinated. Do be cautious, however: if your name falls into the hands of a wolfpack, you will be their highest priority to be hunted.

Protecting goodie (Guardian Angel, Doctor, Padre)
These roles are vital in helping a JL to survive once formed. These roles either prevent a hunt from occurring altogether (GA), punish a pack that hunts a protected player (Padre), or both (Doctor). In each case, your goal is to find the rest of the JL and get in contact.

Prior to making contact, you should still be trying to protect players, mostly hoping that you get lucky and save someone or get a wolf name. Trying to protect players who get hunted early a lot is often a sound strategy. Once you do get in touch with the rest of the JL, you will usually try to keep watch on a major goodie such as a scanner, or you will try to keep a spokesman who is out in the open alive.

van Helsing
Honestly, this role is kind of unfair, but it’s been a popular one lately, so it’s worth mentioning here. You have a single superscan which reveals the role and traits of anyone you choose, you can shoot a player at any point in the game, and if the wolves attack you then you kill one of them. This role can instantly coordinate the JL by announcing itself, or by scanning a non-cursed goodie and making the goodie announce himself. Being out in the open has a few drawbacks for van Helsing (namely, brutal wolves), but the only way for the wolves to kill him is to lose a wolf, which is never fun for them.

Regular goodie (Villager)
Your job is pretty much the same as in Lite, except that you have two sets of baddies to deal with and not just one. Make cases, be active, try not to get lynched, and don’t just assume that someone is good because they’ve taken out a wolf of one pack.

Unlike in Lite, in a Big game you are often more than just an ordinary powerless villager. You may have some sort of potentially useful trait to play with. Suggestions for the use of a couple common traits may be found below.

Single-use scan (seerish powers, priestly powers, etc.) – Generally best used early. If you’re hunted/lynched before you get to use it, the power goes to waste, and in addition, the more living players in the game, the less likely it is that your scan target will be hunted. If you do get a villager result from your scan, it’s often work making contact with the player. Working with another villager is often nice, or if you contact a baddie you’re a low-priority hunt because you can’t scan again. Win-win, from a survivalist perspective.

Single-use healing (Doctor/Angel/Padre powers) – Best used in a manner opposite that of a single scan. Try to use late, on a likely hunt target, to maximize the probability of a successful protection.

Hunter (sometimes called assassin) – Gives the ability to kill one player at night. Generally best used in conjunction with the JL. Taking random shots often ends badly, though if you do have a solid hunch, it may be worth the risk. I still advise against it.

If you are a villager with a useful trait, and you’re about to get lynched, it is often useful to claim said trait in hopes of preventing your death. Don’t expect it to always work, though, as wolves can lie about a trait just as easily, and traits don’t necessarily clear the player who holds them anyway. But remember – your death never helps the village (Tell yourself that even if it isn’t true. :D), so you should do everything in your power to prevent it.

Unattached baddie, no scanning ability (Some versions of Cultist)
A challenging role. You need to link up with a pack – preferably both – but have no real means of doing it, which means that you’re someone most of the players want to lynch AND someone the wolves are still likely to hunt. Try to play just like a villager. If an outing is made you may not have much choice but to make contact and hope it’s for real. If/when you do link up with a pack, don’t leave it at that – the chief advantage of being unattached is that both packs find it advantageous to keep you alive. Try to find the other pack and work with them too, as much a possible.

Unattached baddie with scanning ability (Sorceror, some versions of Cultist)
One of the most entertaining roles to have, and incredibly powerful when played well. Your main job is to serve as a sort of coordinator between the baddie packs. Work to get in contact with both packs, and then feed them hunt targets. You usually have the ability to find the priest and seer, and those should be your top priorities once you’re in touch with packs (the priest especially). Don’t forget to keep scanning for apprentices, too, even if you’ve found both packs and all major goodies.

You’ll usually only be in contact with a single baddie from a pack, so you can act like a villager with incomplete information much more easily. Don’t be afraid to seem like you’re working to find wolves. But don’t forget that you’d prefer not to be too successful in doing it, either. :D

Also, bear in mind that as the sorc, you don’t care which group of baddies wins as long as one of them does. Try to discourage interpack warfare as much as possible until victory – for you, anyway – is guaranteed.

Attached baddie, fixed allegiance (Wolf, Zealot, some versions of Cultist)
You have several major tasks: avoid getting yourself and your packmates lynched, hunt the major goodies, get in contact with unattached baddies, and work to eliminate the other pack. Priority hunts are the scanners, the protectors, and then holders of significant traits (hunter, witness, etc.).

A very good thing about being a wolf in Big games is that it becomes much easier to act like a villager than in a Lite game. You don’t know who all the baddies are, so you can put serious work into finding them – at least the ones not in your pack. And since you need to eliminate them anyway, doing so helps you accomplish two critical goals: become a less good lynch and eliminate an enemy.

Your pack should have some useful traits to help you eliminate the JL (and everyone else). A brutal wolf is critical for eliminating protected goodies or known JLers (and make sure that any brutal packmates have a standing brutal order). If you have a hunter/assassin in your pack, check the rule set – if the hunter’s name is not revealed, fire away once you have a major goodie to target. If it is revealed, it may be worth keeping in reserve as part of a push to parity. Scans can also be of use in finding major goodies or baddies.

Attached baddie, variable allegiance (some versions of Cultist)
You start off knowing one pack and shouldn’t ever be hunted by them, which is nice. Try to find the other pack – they have no incentive to hunt you either, but they may not know that. Being in touch with both packs keeps you safe, gives lots of people reasons to keep you alive, and lets you betray one pack and kill them so you win with whatever side is strongest. Your pack may not trust you because of this, but who cares? You’re still more valuable to them alive rather than dead. Take advantage of this.

This role is very similar to the sorc role, in that you’re more interested in the baddies winning than in a specific pack of baddies winning. The faster goodies of any sort die, the better for you.

Roles/Traits not mentioned above
Due to the wide variety of possible rule sets, making an exhaustive list of what you might be in any given Werewolf game is impossible. For a role or trait not mentioned above, ask yourself three things:

1. What is the goal of my role?

2. How can I use my role/trait’s abilities to accomplish that goal?

3. What other roles stand in the way of achieving that goal, and how do I eliminate them?

If you can answer those questions, you should have a good idea of what you need to do.

Last edited:
List of Werewolf Terminology
(Courtesy of Slinky)

A list of terms and expressions commonly used in werewolf or part of the werewolf lore.
If you think something is missing, incorrect or unclear, please drop me a line.

Ananas
Role-Play character created by EUROO7. On the outside, Ananas is a pineapple-like puppet with beautiful eyes and a french accent. On the inside, Ananas is the leader of the JL, usually it's spokesperson as well. Hated and loved by all, Ananas has many enemies. Some of which include, but are not limited to: Ironhead 5, FLOPERS, un oiseau noir, & jonti-h le chef.

Bandwagon
Dreaded by all players, the feared bandwagon. It can strike at anytime, anywhere and for no apparent reason. A bandwagon is the sudden piling up of votes on one player.

Carthadeism
Admitting you are a wolf when not and getting lynched for it.

Cody
To make an outing at a ridiculously early time, thereby depriving the village of valuable voting information and annoying everybody.

Crovaxian slip
Once upon a time in a game long ago, a wolf named Crovax was happily eating villagers. The villagers didn't like this and they set out to hunt for the wolf. Luckily for Crovax his disguise was perfect and he and his pack would be able to dine on villagers for a long long time. Until that unfortunate moment when the villagers were voting on who to lynch. It then became painfully obvious that no matter how much a wolf looks like a villager, it doesn't make him sound like a villager. The wolf Crovax was quickly caught and met a horrible end. All could have been prevented if only he had learned the difference between vote and hunt.

Dada
To confess to being a wolf under the slightest amount of pressure.

Flopers
Furry like beings created by a crazy EUROO7. They look a bit like rabbits and are mostly harmless. If exposed to too much flopers permanent brain damage can ensue. If you see a floper try to get rid of it as fast as possible, since they spread like wildfire.

GA
Short for Gaurdian Angel. A role which usually let's a player protect someone during the night from a wolf attack.

GM
Short for Game Master or Game Moderator. The person who sets up and runs the game. He creates the setting and the game world, makes the rules and enforces them. His most important job is to create an environment in which everyone can have fun and play the game.

JL
Short for justice league. Group of trusted/scanned villagers battling the forces of evil. At it's heart is usually a seer and/or priest.

LSST
Lord Strange School of Thought - On the First day, thou shalt vote above thyself.

Meta-gaming
Meta-gaming is the bringing over of events, grudges or anything else from past games into the current game and adjusting your playing because of that, mostly in a negative way. In general meta-gaming or meta-ing is not liked by players and GM's alike, since every game is a new game and is supposed to be a fresh start for all players. Of course it is allowed to use knowledge about a players playing style or experiences accumulated, but make sure you don't take the stance to vote player X, because he killed you in a past game.

PJL
Short for People's Justice League. Unlike the elitist JLs run by self-important goodies such as the seer, a PJL operates as a semi-organized band of ordinary villagers trying to do their best to find wolves on their own.

SA
Short for Spiritually Attuned. A trait, which usually gives a player the power to find out that he has been scanned, and sometimes even who and/or what scanned him.

Stalingrad
A decisive victory for the baddies without losing a single member of their pack. Usually applied to Lite games. Named after [thread=312451]Werewolf Lite XXXVII: Stalingrad[/thread].

Stockholm Pact
A truce or alliance between opposing packs of wolves to destroy the JL and the village before turning on each other. Named for the agreement presented here.

The Phoenix
Evil GM mastermind. Has the power to drive the unsuspecting werewolf player mad with paranoia. His evil plans unfolded in: In space no one can hear you scream

TIE
Not to be confused with tie. A TIE is a tie made purely for the tie. It doesn't matter who falls victim to the TIE as long as it is a tie. Any tie made by Lemeard is always a TIE!

To do a Strange
Verb. To make a comment that almost certainly kills you. May or May not be a Crovaxian Slip

Votesnipe
A vote or change of vote made just before the deadline with the intention to radically change the outcome of the lynching.

Waffle
A delicious kind of baddie. There is no record of an actual sighting, but mention of waffles has increased dramatically over the years. It is commonly believed to be vicious and to have a weakness for white powder.

Last edited:
I'd like to add that if any new players have a question they want addressed, they can do so here, although it should also be answered in thread. This is as good a place as any.

I think that the list of terms should be updated with more recent terms (e.g. videonfanning, Stockholm Pact, pulling a Cody (?), IJL, PJL, LKST, pulling a Dadarian, pulling a pjnlsn, etc.).

Thanks for assembling all this, MC! :)

I think that the list of terms should be updated with more recent terms (e.g. videonfanning, Stockholm Pact, pulling a Cody (?), IJL, PJL, LKST, pulling a Dadarian, pulling a pjnlsn, etc.).

Videofanning, that popular term.

Someone find my rant against useless terminology.

Stockholm Pact is the only one of those that might merit inclusion, and even that's a bit of a stretch.

Videofanning, that popular term.

More pointedly, the concept behind it turned out nothing more than the paltriest of subterfuge.

The idealist hemisphere of my soul wanted ever so that videonfan's lament was sprung from despair felt when confronted with the frailty of mortal flesh.

How do I not die?

More importantly, how can I kill people I don't like?

Phrased that way, I suppose it sounds silly, but I am serious. Not looking suspicious seems like a near impossible task, and convincing a crowd of another's guilt or innocence does not seem much easier. Any help in this regard?

How do I not die?

Phrased that way, I suppose it sounds silly, but I am serious. Not looking suspicious seems like a near impossible task, and convincing a crowd of another's guilt or innocence does not seem much easier. Any help in this regard?
Offense is the best defense.

If you analyze the game and advocate for lynches, people are less likely to vote for you out of "inactivity" or "wolfishness".

Looks good. Might want to add an advanced tactics section at some point (day 2 "assassination," JL infiltration, fake role-claims, fake outings to draw out wolves, etc.)

How do I not die?

That's pretty much the fundamental question of Werewolf. :D

If you're concerned with looking suspicious, you're focusing on the wrong thing. Put thought into who the wolves might be, and share those thoughts. If those thoughts are well-developed and/or sincere, people will usually take notice.

Looks good. Might want to add an advanced tactics section at some point (day 2 "assassination," JL infiltration, fake role-claims, fake outings to draw out wolves, etc.)

This was meant to be more of a newbie guide. A lot of those tactics are very hard to execute and are kind of something you have to make up on-the-fly.

Stockholm Pact is the only one of those that might merit inclusion, and even that's a bit of a stretch.
IJL might deserve a look. In bigs, it's actually not that rare. I wouldn't say it's a common occurrence, but we've had at least a few in the last year.

What's the Stockholm Pact?

And here it is, irrefutable proof that in fact, Madchemist does not, have a life.

Also, good guide.

P.S. The link to the Hall of Fame is broken, you added a half done [/url tag.

And here it is, irrefutable proof that in fact, Madchemist does not, have a life.

Also, good guide.

P.S. The link to the Hall of Fame is broken, you added a half done [/url tag.

That's your evidence that I have no life? The fact that I've played 85 games on this forum wasn't enough?

Also, link has been fixed.

I must say, I find it exceedingly interesting how revealing madchemist has chosen to be about his perspective on the Nature of the Game of Werewolf.

Tremendous stuff.