Werewolf FAQ, Strategy Tips, and Helpful Information

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So is innkeeper the same as Cloak of Invisibility, or does the latter do something else?

The latter protects you from hunts and scans, and doesn't reveal your role. Though they're pretty similar so I wouldn't use both in the same game.

Innkeeper just nullifies the lynch.

Cloak effects everything, votes, scan, hunts, and even parity count. This leads to much more interesting tactics. For example in Euro's big which I helped GM last year, MC and Marty had a cloak as part of a council they decided to use it to alter the lynch, but since it removed them for the parity count it left just one more goodie than baddies that night. Luckily for them the hunt target was blessed, so the game didn't end.

Can you give a summary? Not really feelin' it to browse through 20 pages :/

Jerman replaced the Seer with the Caliph, who had three scans, two hunter shots, and some ungodly ability to out himself, reveal another player's role, and give that player OEO. That... was not a good game to be a Wolf (Deus Vult)

Can you give a summary? Not really feelin' it to browse through 20 pages :/
Imagine a role that is a combination of Seer, Hunter, and some horrid creation yet unnamed.

Now imagine that role in a Lite.

Imagine a role that is a combination of Seer, Hunter, and some horrid creation yet unnamed.

Now imagine that role in a Lite.

simpsons-fire.gif

Basically, I took a pledge never to fuck with lite setups again.

It might be worthwhile to update this or add to it at some point. K-59's post on proper outings should be linked to the opening post if possible, or somewhere near the start.

Incidentally, whoever just asked about videonfanning, it's not actually in the terms list, so...

Also, bump, because it's been a year and this is moderately important.

Incidentally, whoever just asked about videonfanning, it's not actually in the terms list, so...
That's because the term has become so butchered that it means any sort of commentary on last night's proceedings. It also has yet to actually catch a wolf in my over 2 years on this forum.

That's because the term has become so butchered that it means any sort of commentary on last night's proceedings. It also has yet to actually catch a wolf in my over 2 years on this forum.

Can't say I disagree, though as evidenced by the Big it has, tangentially.

cant butcher something that never existed

This.

I'm not adding it.

Nobody here was proposing you do so? That being said, I think Swedish deadline might be a good idea to add.

Nobody here was proposing you do so? That being said, I think Swedish deadline might be a good idea to add.
this is why you're a lowly historian and not king and queen of werewolf like madchemist and I. (abdicated)

this is why you're a lowly historian and not king and queen of werewolf like madchemist and I. (abdicated)

Shut up and kiss me, you babbling fool. (abdicated)

I have heard of the Ironhead quotient, a mystic way to determine the true worthy winners of a game, but in spite of my efforts, I cannot find its formula or even its principle. Am I allowed to request to be entrusted with this knowledge? How to rate players has been a recurrent topic on my homesite, and while we just do things simply enough (if your team wins, you won, most of the time), it'd be interesting to see what "complicated" system was conceived here.

I have heard of the Ironhead quotient, a mystic way to determine the true worthy winners of a game, but in spite of my efforts, I cannot find its formula or even its principle. Am I allowed to request to be entrusted with this knowledge? How to rate players has been a recurrent topic on my homesite, and while we just do things simply enough (if your team wins, you won, most of the time), it'd be interesting to see what "complicated" system was conceived here.
That particular conversation begins here. I don't think it's been seriously used since that particular thread died. (And if Panzer wants to start a conversation about bringing it back, I would advise he move it to the Hall of Records :p)

Reactions:
That particular conversation begins here. I don't think it's been seriously used since that particular thread died. (And if Panzer wants to start a conversation about bringing it back, I would advise he move it to the Hall of Records :p)
Also, this thread has the results: