• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now that the worst spammi... after game discussions have died down would it be possible to get the starting setup?

Something along the line of:
goodies: 12+12+7+7+7+...
unaligned baddies 8+4
wolf pack 8+4+4+2+1...

I get the feeling this game was even more trait heavy than my pickpoint games and I just want to compare.

Now that the worst spammi... after game discussions have died down would it be possible to get the starting setup?

Something along the line of:
goodies: 12+12+7+7+7+...
unaligned baddies 8+4
wolf pack 8+4+4+2+1...

I get the feeling this game was even more trait heavy than my pickpoint games and I just want to compare.
I'm too lazy to type it out, so here is the picture of the set-up that Euro sent me.
PB7ehzE.jpg

Thanks, and that's just like my notes usually look!? :eek:

Only Euro's handwriting is just slightly worse than mine...

Looking at the pickpoints Rovsea wasn't supposed to be able to pick doctor so I guess he used Lady Luck? I'm also surprised to see Daffius started out as a priest's apprentice. That means there were 5 goodies that had enough pickpoints for the the important goodie roles and with the help of the Lady there were 6 starting important goodies. That does seem a bit on the high side, I think. Not that it mattered much since we would have managed to screw over team Bad all by ourselves anyway.

Thanks for hosting Euro/k-59 it was a fun game to be part of and, like I said before, I really enjoyed the role playing updates. :)

Oh, and congrats to the winners!

Looking at the pickpoints Rovsea wasn't supposed to be able to pick doctor so I guess he used Lady Luck? I'm also surprised to see Daffius started out as a priest's apprentice. That means there were 5 goodies that had enough pickpoints for the the important goodie roles and with the help of the Lady there were 6 starting important goodies. That does seem a bit on the high side, I think. Not that it mattered much since we would have managed to screw over team Bad all by ourselves anyway.

Thanks for hosting Euro/k-59 it was a fun game to be part of and, like I said before, I really enjoyed the role playing updates. :)

Oh, and congrats to the winners!
Daff indeed used lady luck despite having 7 points.

Two people used lady luck when having 7 points, which is a bit bizarre

Two people used lady luck when having 7 points, which is a bit bizarre
The list says Daffius had 9 points and Rovsea had 7. But even one is a bit strange. I know I had someone at 5 pp chose Lady Luck and I thought he was weird...

Last edited:
...what's Lady Luck? Oh. I see it in the bottom of the spoiler added to the rules post. It wasn't an option for baddies apparently, since it wasn't in the PM. Didn't realise it existed.

...what's Lady Luck? Oh. I see it in the bottom of the spoiler added to the rules post. It wasn't an option for baddies apparently, since it wasn't in the PM. Didn't realise it existed.
If you appeal to lady luck you have your points and hidden traits wiped and get something random---can be used by the GM for balancing so might be something good; might be nothing. Which was the reason I choose not to take lady luck, since I expected to have hidden traits---and presumably either apprentice or cursed---since I had 0 points.

The year of 1866 finds you under the domain of strange stars. If there is a bright centre of civilisation New Zealand is the colony that it is furthest from; and if there is a bright centre to the colony then the rain-soaked strip of land tucked between the Southern Alps and Tasman Sea that is the West Coast is similarly removed. But there is one glow that has brought in the moths from all corners of the world to the fledgling frontier settlement of Hokitika - gold.

Perhaps you were once a bastard son of English gentry, or a London student whose family has fallen on hard times, or a Chinese orphan, or an Australian trader; but here in a gold town you are what you make of yourself. And there is plenty to be made, for the fields are rich. Miners are bringing back nuggets and dust in vast quantities for the bankers to register; while the hoteliers, drug dens and members of the oldest profession attempt to relieve the diggers of their payment at the soonest opportunity. Politicians too have been drawn in, as Westland is soon to be made a county of its own.

But wherever there is fortune there are those wishing to create misfortune. Smugglers looking to remove pure gold without notifying customs and perhaps without any legal claim to it, while bringing in the opium that so many are addicted to; blackmailers, hoping to find or create dark secrets from which to profit; various shysters and scammers plotting to ensnare the vulnerable. To survive in the wild West Coast you will need your wits, and favourable stars guiding your path.

Places will close at 2100 GMT on Monday the 25th of August.
The first deadline will be at 2100 GMT on Tuesday the 26th of August.

Last edited: