• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Villagers following me is understandable though in some sense. I do the same thing as a goodie and it works in many cases. The problem of course arises when I am a wolf railroading the priest and not villager railroading a wolf.

So, I guess I don't blame them too much.

I agree completely. Villagers underestimate the power of their vote -- as reis91 demonstrates. There is a feeling of, it's only one vote, what is one vote in the grand scheme of things, I can't influence the rest of the village, etc. In a functioning werewolf game, players cast their votes only on those people they think should be killed. Wasting your vote on Kaetje because she seems like the only viable candidate is a good exhibition of absolutely awful gameplay on the part of the goodies. Yes, this means you, reis91: you have implied that you have far more experience at Werewolf than your time in this community indicates, but this game you acted like the newest, most naive rookie.

I'm not saying I didn't. I played quite badly in this game, by my self-imposed standards. I'm the first to admit it. The business with Adamus, the Spy reports, all was quite badly done. I could put the whole blame on the setup, but actually most of the blame was mine.

PS : I didn't know I had been scanned, by then. The slightly critical stance in regards to you Iron, as mentioned in the short PM I sent you ("I do not want to get hunted", if I recall correctly, is that is was trying to play an ambiguous game between villager and cultist. Of course, the sorc scan revealing me as a claimed apprentice blew that out of the water.

Villagers following me is understandable though in some sense. I do the same thing as a goodie and it works in many cases. The problem of course arises when I am a wolf railroading the priest and not villager railroading a wolf.

So, I guess I don't blame them too much.
You ought to blame them. You used to be a fearsome villager to the wolves, because you could identify them by their behavior and convince the village to lynch them.

Now, however, you no longer try to convince anyone. You don't have to -- all you have to do is continue to exhort people to vote the way you tell them, and eventually enough of the weak-minded/weak-wileld will follow. It would be healthy for the game if all villagers collectively demanded that you demonstrate how you know so-and-so to be evil before mindlessly following your bandwagon. So, ie "We ought to vote Rysz because he was the critical vote on Day 2 that saved EUROO7, and we know EUROO7 is suspicious for his adamant defense of jonti-h on Days 1 and 3, so if we lynch Rysz we can either catch a wolf or help establish jonti-h's and EUROO7's credibility." A logical, coherent argument; as opposed to "EVERYONE VOTE RYSZ NOW!" in size 5 font and multiple colors, repeated every 15 minutes, occasionally festooned with silly pictures. That is just stupid, and in a more rational village would get you lynched right away for trying to shepherd the villagers.

The reason I can do that though is because I have killed so many wolves. And in many cases, especially early, there are no real good arguments, so I pick the target that will make it easier on me later to find the wolves. In fact alot of my lynches are based specifically on the fact that there is nothing on a person to get and thus removing them results in a higher likelihood of discovering the guilt or innocence of the living players by looking at evidence.

On some occasions when I give no reasons it is hard to explain, or rather I would prefer not to. Some people are more difficult to analyze. Some are more likely to hunt me and thus I want them dead. Some are less likely to let me do what I do and thus I want them dead. There is alot that goes into it. Some people I just like killing, so I abuse the privilege in some cases. :D

Hm, yeah, I saw from the GM's spreadsheat you really wanted me dead on the first days...

BTW if I read that correctly the wolves didn't know when they hunted. Is that true? And if it is did the pack that hunted at least get to know that they did afterwards?

We got to know if we hunted or not. All of the hunts I placed were failures.

Which reminds me, I can't understand how some people almost saved me when I explicitly stated multiple times I was a cultist, did Slinky even get that pm?
No I never got a PM, my own pack ignored me so I went out to make things happen instead of waiting until they would get desperate enough to contact me. Because of the unfaithful cultist role I suspect they never trusted me.

No I never got a PM, my own pack ignored me so I went out to make things happen instead of waiting until they would get desperate enough to contact me. Because of the unfaithful cultist role I suspect they never trusted me.
Ah, a kindred spirit. I done the same thing. At least my faked spy reports generated some interest, for a while :(

Well yeah, I'm not counting you or me where we deliberately tried to be lynched. Which reminds me, I can't understand how some people almost saved me when I explicitly stated multiple times I was a cultist, did Slinky even get that pm?
Well, I5 told me and some other people that jonti was a confirmed wolf and when you started talking about betraying your pack and "outed" jonti as the first of three wolves then I thought, why not give you a chance to sell out some more baddies since we were going to lynch jonti the day after anyway. Probably won't work but but nothing lost by testing. Also I had a little too good voting record so I thought acting stupid might make me less of a hunt target for the future. So I chose to "believe" you.

We got to know if we hunted or not. All of the hunts I placed were failures.

I was trying to tell you. "I am invulnerable". Translate that to "I am a seducer".

Hm, yeah, I saw from the GM's spreadsheat you really wanted me dead on the first days...

BTW if I read that correctly the wolves didn't know when they hunted. Is that true? And if it is did the pack that hunted at least get to know that they did afterwards?

That was why I hunted you. You are not a likely early hunt and I wanted to know when ours went off. I did not know at that point that Randy would alert the wolves when they hunted after the deadline. I still do not understand why he did not just givean official order. You also were one of the Warsaw's who targeted The Chancellor. So, I returned the favor.

Funny how I guessed you to be a baddie, then :)

Last edited:
I was trying to tell you. "I am invulnerable". Translate that to "I am a seducer".

I hunted you because I was in need of a cultist.

Oy offered his services.

I hunted you because I was in need of a cultist.

Oy offered his services.

You have got to be kidding me.

You tried to kill me..... OVER OY? If you had asked I would have given him to you for free. In fact, I probably would have paid you a small stipend for taking him off my hands.

You have got to be kidding me.

You tried to kill me..... OVER OY? If you had asked I would have given him to you for free. In fact, I probably would have paid you a small stipend for taking him off my hands.

That, and my nonsense quota had been filled earlier by Ironhead. I wanted the other packs dead to be able to take on I5's JL.

I'd just like to say thank you to who ever hunted me, for sparing me from being a part of that train wreck that the end. Also, I think Randy is on to something with having each pack send a hunt order each night, and thank you to Randy for GMing what was an enjoyable game.

PS AOK, I am taking your advice, and trying to become a better player. Step one is never mindless fallowing anyone.

Well, I took care of him for you. The f**ker is now dead. Nobody won the game, but I won our war. Victory is mine.
Is it? All glory is fleeting. A couple of weeks from now, no one will remember this game.

But post 1766 will live forever. After all, you said so yourself -- it is "the best Werewolf rant of all time." In fact, just to make sure no one ever forgets, I think I will add it to my signature :D

How did you people not lynch me? How? This is a serious question and I would like an answer if you can manage one. What could I have done more that would have made you vote me? I remember going into the sbr vote wondering if I could get the votes. Every single person I contacted voted with me without hesitation. I obviously railroaded JL leader Ironhead but he saved himself. I railroaded Kae and lied her into brutalizing Reis. The only baddies I helped kill were I5's outings that were going to happen anyway. I was obviously upset at the goodies getting the universal scan trait. The JL leader claimed he was 100% sure I was bad. I confessed for Christ's sake. What more did you want?

The GM at least thought you were toast several times ..

I agree completely. Villagers underestimate the power of their vote -- as reis91 demonstrates. There is a feeling of, it's only one vote, what is one vote in the grand scheme of things, I can't influence the rest of the village, etc. In a functioning werewolf game, players cast their votes only on those people they think should be killed. Wasting your vote on Kaetje because she seems like the only viable candidate is a good exhibition of absolutely awful gameplay on the part of the goodies. Yes, this means you, reis91: you have implied that you have far more experience at Werewolf than your time in this community indicates, but this game you acted like the newest, most naive rookie.

People seemed to -want- to behave like lemmings.

That was why I hunted you. You are not a likely early hunt and I wanted to know when ours went off. I did not know at that point that Randy would alert the wolves when they hunted after the deadline. I still do not understand why he did not just givean official order. You also were one of the Warsaw's who targeted The Chancellor. So, I returned the favor.

hmm, maybe I should have told you that I would let wolves know if they hunted or not afterwards.
I'll probably put a bit of clarification into the rules next time, should I do this again. Not sure if I will. For any game with more than 2 packs you should probably expect it, though.

If I use that trait again I will change that trait to say: "If the seducer is not home, any abilities targeting him will go to the first backup order instead." I won't have this kind of crazy thing happening again.

You ought to blame them. You used to be a fearsome villager to the wolves, because you could identify them by their behavior and convince the village to lynch them.

Now, however, you no longer try to convince anyone. You don't have to -- all you have to do is continue to exhort people to vote the way you tell them, and eventually enough of the weak-minded/weak-wileld will follow. It would be healthy for the game if all villagers collectively demanded that you demonstrate how you know so-and-so to be evil before mindlessly following your bandwagon. So, ie "We ought to vote Rysz because he was the critical vote on Day 2 that saved EUROO7, and we know EUROO7 is suspicious for his adamant defense of jonti-h on Days 1 and 3, so if we lynch Rysz we can either catch a wolf or help establish jonti-h's and EUROO7's credibility." A logical, coherent argument; as opposed to "EVERYONE VOTE RYSZ NOW!" in size 5 font and multiple colors, repeated every 15 minutes, occasionally festooned with silly pictures. That is just stupid, and in a more rational village would get you lynched right away for trying to shepherd the villagers.

See the last Light game AOK.11 was in...anyone who asked AOK.11 for a demonstration of his logic was lynched by AOK and his horde of sheep. It's all well and good to claim that villagers should vote their conscience and force veterans to give reasons, not "FOLLOW ME"...however, if you have no trait, and 'The Chancellor' will lynch you for voting against his wishes...well...what fun is that?

AOK has CREATED the sheepish and cowardly behavior by his bullying nature, it is not the sheep that are solely to blame.