• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
GM AAR part 2 - The game setup

Even though the game was smallish I would rather have a two pack setup. To increase robustness I decided on no Cultist to make the packs less vulnerable to early losses.

Because of the abuse risk deiscussed above, no seer/priest but multiple Alchemists.

Yellow pack
brutal werewolf Xarkan
werewolf Dedonus
werewolf Sleepyhead

Red pack
zombie hunter werewolf alynkio
zombie hunter werewolf Wagonlitz
zombie hunter werewolf Hax

Unaligned baddies
cursed sorcerer alchemist Yakman
zombie hunter warlock Caillean

Slightly different traits for the two packs so you should be able to figure out one packs traits from the other. Also wanted some traits that both baddies and goodies had so an alchemist check for something wouldn't give the aliegance too obviously.

Important goodies
alchemist randakar
alchemist Yvanoff
alchemist zombie hunter k-59
changeling aedan777

Semi-important goodies
clairvoyant zombie hunter esemesas
hunter siamese twins ramius3443 & Dr.Livingstone
king The FatWombat
witness brovahkliin
tramp ClaudeLC

Cannonfodder
cursed con-man alxeu
cursed Arkasas
blessed zombie hunter reis91
psychic beartjah
zombie hunter Avernite
zombie hunter Capibara
plain villager OrangeYoshi

I probably should have had one of the cursed as something a little more important.

Last edited:
Isn't the tramp just like the better version of the lover, though?
It's the exact same as the last (least broken) version of the sleeping-around type of Lover. Just wanted another name so we wouldn't confuse it with the Lover-pair type of Lover.

GM AAR part 3 - The early days

Night 0

Yellow hunted Wagonlitz the wolf (based on a randomized backup list)
Warlock scanned Hax and found a Werewolf :)
Sorcerer scanned esemesas the villager
Baddie alchemist check noone :(

Alchemist randakar checked Hax for Con-man - but he wasn't
Alchemist Yvanoff checked noone :(
Alchemist k-59 checked noone :(
Changeling protceted noone

Tramp slept with noone :(
Clairvoyant scanned k-59 the zombie hunter alchemist :) - now maybe they will work together and analyze the alchemist checks?

Day 1
Village lynched TheFatWombat the King that forgot to save himself :( - Yellow pack exposed themselves to save Dedonus

Night 1

Red hunted randakar the alchemist (based on something he said in the Lite thread about IRL)
Warlock scanned Arkasas and found a Cursed :) - and she is in contact with a (reluctant) wolf already!
Sorcerer scanned Hax the werewolf and saw a villager
Baddie alchemist check noone :(:(

Alchemist randakar checked noone :(
Alchemist Yvanoff checked noone :(:(
Alchemist k-59 checked noone :(:(

Tramp slept with noone :(:(

Day 2
Village lynched Yakman the sorcerer :) - again with lots of other baddies being run up

Night 2
Yellow hunted k-59 the alchemist :)

Warlock scanned OY the villager and found nothing
Sorcerer was set to scan brovahkiin the witness
Baddie alchemist was set to check noone :(:(:(

Alchemist Yvanoff checked noone :(:(:(
Alchemist k-59 checked noone :(:(:(

Tramp slept with noone :(:(:(
esemesas zombie hunted Dr.ramius the siamese twin hunter

Last edited:
I hadn't really considered alchemists that important (and forgot we had lost three of them), so even rather late in the game I figured there had to be some other important goodie since there hadn't been any, even if it seemed increasingly unlikely there was a seer. Surprising then to find out I was apparently the most important goodie alive post day 3. Particularly since I never did anything meaningful as changeling (though it had the potential to be a gamechanger).

GM AAR part 4 - The end of days

Day 3
Village lynched Yvanoff the alchemist :( and Dedonus the werewolf :)

Night 3
Red hunted Arkasas the cursed (based on Warlock info)

Warlock scanned alynkio the werewolf :) - but he was from the same pack as Hax

Alchemist Yvanoff was set to check noone :(:(:(:(

Tramp slept with noone :(:(:(:( - he really should not have stayed home because...
Avernite and brovahkiin both zombie hunted ClaudeLC the tramp

Day 4
Village lynched Xarkan the brutal werewolf :) - and this was the day when all four werewolves at one time was tied for lynch... :D

Xarkan brutalized alxeu the cursed (because he had sniped one of Xarkan's packmates)

Night 4

Yellow hunted OrangeYoshi the villager (I think this was because OY was an unlikely Yellow and probably he campaigned against some of them, perhaps Xarkan or Dedonus?)
Warlock was set to scan alxeu the cursed :) but he got brutalized :( so scanned aedan the changeling and saw nothing special - if Xarkan hadn't done alxeu in I think Reds would have won in two days tops

Changeling protceted Avernite, redirect to Hax - good choices I think

Day 5
Village lynched Hax the werewolf :) (because he tried to lynch another werewolf yesterday and failed... :D) - I really thought the Reds would use their voting block here to save him since they were so close to parity

Night 5

Reds hunted esemesas the clairvoyant (i don't remeber why)
Warlock scanned beartjah and saw nothing special

Changeling protceted brovahkiin, redirect to Sleepyhead - good choices I think
brovahkiin the witness went for his 50% chance and saw alynkio the werewolf :)

Day 6
Village lynched alynkio the werewolf :) (based on witness outing) - why didn't Sleepyhead contact him to get in contact with the warlock? :confused:
Arkasas the cultist died with his master :(

Night 6

Yellow hunted aedan777 the changeling (I'm guessing because he was gunning har for the last wolf earlier)
Warlock scanned Avernite and saw nothing special
Caillean zombie hunted Capibara the zombie hunter :) - good call, made it feasable to get a baddie victory by parity the next day

Changeling protected Avernite, redirect to Sleepyhead - Avernite was actually Sleepy's hunt choice earlier that day before he changed to aedan777. Had he stayed on Avernite he would have eaten himself o_O:D

Day 7
Village lynched Sleepyhead the werewolf :)

Last edited:
I hadn't really considered alchemists that important (and forgot we had lost three of them), so even rather late in the game I figured there had to be some other important goodie since there hadn't been any, even if it seemed increasingly unlikely there was a seer.
Nobody seemed to think the alchemists were important, not you, not the werewolves and not even the alchemists...

Surprising then to find out I was apparently the most important goodie alive post day 3. Particularly since I never did anything meaningful as changeling (though it had the potential to be a gamechanger).
It almost was, look at night 6 ;)

Changeling protected Avernite, redirect to Sleepyhead - Avernite was actually Sleepy's hunt choice earlier that day before he changed to aedan777. Had he stayed on Avernite he would have eaten himself o_O:D
:eek::D

That would have been hilarious

GM AAR part 5 - Conclusions

Warlock worked really well! Not sure she should scan for werewolves in a larger game but she needs to have some way to find baddies more than just being found be a sorcerer.

Alchemist - I would like to test this again, mostly because it wasn't used much this time, but it can't just be added on top of seer/priest. Any GM using it needs to think about how to add it so the village doesn't get too much information.

Con-man - Meh, too complex for the little impact it could make.

Clairvoyant - Could be used instead of a van Helsing, especially in a smaller game where a full van Helsing is too powerfull or maybe in a pickpoint game. Not something I would have in a standard setup.

Psychic - I'd like this to be tested some more. Could be good in very special situations and for GMs like myself that like trait heavy games it's nice because it doesn't really wreck the balance much.

Tramp - I like it for the chaos it can cause. But it can be used strategically unlike the Jester that is almost only chaos spreading. And it's more fun than the Distiller which is a more pure role blocker.

Zombie hunter and people turning into Zombies - I like the idea that pushes the GM out of the sub/autolynch loop but I felt people mostly pulled the trigger on Zombies without much thought if it would help their side or not. Also there should not be such an overflow of Zombie hunters (sorry about that :oops:).

Siamese twins - Could be fun but only if people really wanted to play together (maybe for IRL couples like happycats & Deathnot or randy & Caillean?), on the other hand we usually want as many roles as possible so to waste two players for one role might not be the best idea.

Leader/King - Meh, if you for some reason want two versions of the old school basic Leader...

Witness - I like the idea with reloadable witness on principle but need to tune the percentages to make the choices more equal. Still like Padre better.

Cursed->Cultist instead of Werewolf. I like it for RPing reasons but I think game balance needs the Cursed->Werewolf. Possibly you could have both?
Bonded Cultist that dies with the pack - I don't normally like this but for a Cursed->Cultist I felt it appropriate for some reason.

Changeling - Not a big fan of this since it can give a double bonus when used and it can strengthen an already strong JL. Worked well here but the game setup had to be adapted for it.

Last edited:
The warlock scanned beartjah twice in a row?

Didn't reach out as I considered several possibilities and couldn't rule out fake outing or seer posing as warlock, given that I didn't think it that likely there'd be both a sorcerer and warlock. Besides with two days from parity with someone who could find me by deduction and scan why take the risk.

Nobody seemed to think the alchemists were important, not you, not the werewolves and not even the alchemists...

Well, I did say before the game that they could be pretty clutch - but they started showing up dead and I wasn't expecting you to replace the goodie scanners with quad alchemists.

I liked the implementation of the role though, it was well balanced out by the setup . which I consider to be favorable to wolves (not only due to lack of Seer and Priest but also due to warlock guidance of hunts towards good targets. I think the village got a bit lucky with the way things played out in the first days - except for Wombat not leaderlynching Dedonus or Sleepyhead I guess. It didn't help that all zombies were villagers and were swiftly killed by the hordes of zombie hunters.

Also, Caillean zombie-hunting capibara might not have been smart, zombie status doesn't disappear and it could have helped bring about surprise parity (as well as giving one more option for the village to lynch).

I legit thought alchemist was a one-time use thing, would have played differently with k-59, had I known o.o

No, her last scan was on Avernite. Will fix it when I’n on a computer again.
Huzzah, my lies to Alynkio worked!

I guess ;)

My order to joho that night was " I guess I'll try to pull of a clutch witness tonight
seems like a really meh trait TBH"
oh the irony