• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I heartily endorse pretty much everything Wagon said, except the bit where Wagon says it's alxeu's first game. It is his second. (We won the first one, also by means of a cursed infiltration of the JL. So, that's something.)

Anyway, I'll probably do a more thorough PM dump on request, but I thought I should share this one for posterity.

Well, your mission tomorrow, should you choose to accept it, will be to keep randy's girlfriend from getting randy drunk again.

Setup wasn’t broken, looks fine to me. Personally I’d have more wolves and less cultists. That the JL choice to think only traitless villagers could be cursed isn’t the GM’s fault.

Hmm I'm not sure about the setup. It ended up being really close, and I don't think a cursed distiller is that bad necessarily, but had Randy not infiltrated the scoobies and destroyed them so easily it might have ended up being an entirely different game. Either way, I'm the last person that should be saying anything about bigs' balancing :p Thank you for hosting Alxeu! I personally dislike traitless villager heavy games and have made no secret of that in the past, but I know that a large part of the players here love them so you really can't please everyone.

Well I was an idiot. Thanks OY and Xarkan for being good packmates, and well done to Randakar for smoking me out.

Congrats to the winners! And thanks alxeu for hosting.

I think it's a fundamentally broken idea to expect or insist that only certain types of people have the cursed trait. Because then you try to do gameplay decisions based on who you think is most likely to be cursed, just as this JL attempted to do on the last day. The whole point of being cursed and not knowing it is that there is an element of surprise thrown into the game, an element of chance, paranoia, you never know when something could go wrong. If you water that down to only a specific type of role being allowed to be cursed... it's silly.

Setup wasn’t broken, looks fine to me. Personally I’d have more wolves and less cultists. That the JL choice to think only traitless villagers could be cursed isn’t the GM’s fault.
Yeah. A cursed distiller is hardly OP. And blessed Dracula isn't that bad since Dracula starts out out of contact with the packs and Dracula being hunted would really hobble the baddies.

Congratulations to the winners. You guys did well.
Thanks Alxeu. You hosted a fine game.
To Arkasas - thanks for relentlessly keeping up the effort. Great job.

Personally I think I should not have missed that snipe and that I could have made more of an effort the last few days to find the remaining wolves.
I doubt that would have changed the outcome much though.

Hmm I'm not sure about the setup. It ended up being really close, and I don't think a cursed distiller is that bad necessarily, but had Randy not infiltrated the scoobies and destroyed them so easily it might have ended up being an entirely different game. Either way, I'm the last person that should be saying anything about bigs' balancing :p Thank you for hosting Alxeu! I personally dislike traitless villager heavy games and have made no secret of that in the past, but I know that a large part of the players here love them so you really can't please everyone.

I don't really like role-switching much, including curses, because of the massive luck factor they introduce, but I guess a lot of people do like them.
But look at how this game ended up, with traitless villagers being the norm. Very, very close.
We could have done with less outings and more activity in the village though. If anything, that last bit especially was what killed us.

Well I was an idiot. Thanks OY and Xarkan for being good packmates, and well done to Randakar for smoking me out.

You did well though, given that Aedan basically lied to you about my alignment. I still wonder what on earth motivated that.

But now I finally get to share that picture Alxeu send me the morning after that whole chapter ..

8CnI9li.png

Had I not only scanned wolves and cultists (+one inactive) we might’ve found Dracula with the fake outing :p

Almost ironically enough, I scanned Randakar on night 0, and I almost sent him a PM claiming to be the Van Helsing and scanned him. Wonder how that would have changed the game had I done so. The only thing that had stopped me, was I was afraid if I told him he had no traits and was found out to be blessed, I be outed immediately.

Almost ironically enough, I scanned Randakar on night 0, and I almost sent him a PM claiming to be the Van Helsing and scanned him. Wonder how that would have changed the game had I done so. The only thing that had stopped me, was I was afraid if I told him he had no traits and was found out to be blessed, I be outed immediately.

Blessed *wasn't* a hidden trait?
I didn't know that, so that might very well have snuck by.

Besides, how were we supposed to find out unless you were already dead?

Blessed *wasn't* a hidden trait?
I didn't know that, so that might very well have snuck by.

Besides, how were we supposed to find out unless you were already dead?

Well it also shows all traits, so if you had another trait to go with it, the game would be up. I doubted you would have any known trait, but joining the J-L, when you got hunted, if you had blessed and I didn't say you did, I clearly had to be Dracula, and likewise, if you didn't have it and you turned out to have it, the same.

I decided to wait a bit. Which worked out well for me.

You did well though, given that Aedan basically lied to you about my alignment. I still wonder what on earth motivated that.
I didn't lie, I just passed along your claim, since I knew you were phishing and I thought you were doing that as a test of me, and were already contacting Dr. L as the priest. When Arkasas outed Dr. L I should've realized the new situation meant I should tell Dr. L you were the priest, but I became more concerned with not getting lynched at that point. Dr. Livingstone also never responded to my pm questioning his alignment, so I never felt 100% confident he was a cultist.

I didn't lie, I just passed along your claim, since I knew you were phishing and I thought you were doing that as a test of me, and were already contacting Dr. L as the priest. When Arkasas outed Dr. L I should've realized the new situation meant I should tell Dr. L you were the priest, but I became more concerned with not getting lynched at that point. Dr. Livingstone also never responded to my pm questioning his alignment, so I never felt 100% confident he was a cultist.
I mean, I was never quite sure if you were a phishing attempt or a random villager or the real seer or what, especially when I was outed in such a weird way. I kept thinking that a massive vote switch was only minutes away, and I wanted to reduce the amount of information I gave away as much as possible.

Well, that explains that bit then.

One thing I should mention is that I scanned Livingstone a few days earlier - de night before Dedonus was killed.
If I had gone on with my semi-plan to out Livingstone that day through Arkasas or LatinKaiser - my two previous scans - this game would have gone completely differently.

One thing I should mention is that I scanned Livingstone a few days earlier - de night before Dedonus was killed.
If I had gone on with my semi-plan to out Livingstone that day through Arkasas or LatinKaiser - my two previous scans - this game would have gone completely differently.

When three people were outed on the Day after I was lynched, I wondered "where were these outings yesterday." lol Especially since two of the people (Ark and Dr. Livingston) who did outings were in the running for being lynched on Day 3 when I got lynched.

Yes - but it would've been a lot less entertaining!