• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The 30 % scan traits were pretty useless so no one naturally picked them, restless had a 100 % sure clue every second day. Though even that was a gamble.

We went with one cultist in order to have some intel, and be detectable to the sorcerer.

I'm happy with how restless turned out, so I'd pick it again. In general I don't regret any choices I made for the pack. Cliges dying day 1 was unfortunate, but unpredictable, so I don't regret giving him assassin. Only Distiller for Jerman might have been a bad call, since I missed it was one use this game. Not sure what I would've replaced it with.

As an aside though, I'm surprised SPLIT was the only one to scan me all game, I expected to be a scan magnet as usual.
Jerman did mange to distill Sleepy's truesight. Which probably didn't matter but at least was something.

Capi also distilled Randy's scan night 0....

For those who picked restless: If given the chance to repick after seeing how the game turned out would pick it again or something else?
Yes, because you only gave me 4 points. :p

GG all, well-played wolves, shame on the village for being so inactive, and thanks to k-59 and Dr.L for hosting!

I think part of the problem is that Seer costs a lot of points, and at it price I think you can generally do better with a mix of powers then the seer itself. I think the balance would have gone a bit better if rather then being the seer, you buy a 'goodie scanning role' for 8 points, then you assign what scanners the game has depending on the mix that you end up with. People would know they are getting a scanner role, but not what.

The other option is to just assign someone the role of seer and maybe 3 points to spend on something else.

Well that was predictable. Of course I subbed in as the second to last villager :p

Re the seer I usually give two goodies enough pick points for seer/vH/GA and two goodies enough pickpoints for doc/priest/spy. That gives enough variety to the setup with enough robustness - at least so far.

Re restless, while wellwritten scans the prize tag was too low giving both baddies and goodies way too much information to work with. Esentially a restless/spy is on par with having an extra scanner in your team - sure it is less accurate but it detects all roles and traits.

What did everyone think about the half hour between day and night? I never changed any orders based on the lynch but maybe someone else did? One good thing was the fast first uppdate while getting the RP update in the second.

Congrats to the winners and thanks for hosting!

For those who picked restless: If given the chance to repick after seeing how the game turned out would pick it again or something else?

I think yes. It was just so cheap, there's not much else I could have done with 3 points. Although if everyone who picked Restless had taken One Eye Open instead, the village would have probably ended up in a much better position. Tragedy of the commons maybe? I'm not sure.

In either case, loved how well written the first report was and was really looking forward to a second one.

May I ask the wolves why they chose to hunt me night 2 on my first big game in almost a year? I didn't even have an important role :(

Finally thank you to the GMs for hosting! Had lots of fun in spite of everything

May I ask the wolves why they chose to hunt me night 2 on my first big game in almost a year? I didn't even have an important role :(
Not much to it, I suggested you or humancalculator to not just use the standard order and EL went with you. Besides, there has been like 2 bigs this year or something.

I was hopeless at interpreting my Restless scans, so I think I probably would have gone for Saviour and Spiritually Attuned if I had to choose again.
Too bad you didn't have the points to actually take schoolmaster :p

Congrats wolves, and thanks GM’s.

Worlds worst Priest reporting in. I scanned 1 claimed apprentice and 8 villagers. I’m curious though, did anyone have me down as one?

Worlds worst Priest reporting in. I scanned 1 claimed apprentice and 8 villagers. I’m curious though, did anyone have me down as one?

We were pretty sure you were the priest on account of me spying on you. This is why you weren't in the TIE. And for what it's worth, you got shafted by the way the baddies picked roles - one zealot, one priest, and two sorcs who went down very early. So, don't feel too useless!

We knew Arkasas was priest scanned (SA) and we had reports on you and Jerman which indicated priest. You were kneeling in front of a tree in a ruin, whispering, torches lit at odd hours and Jerman had stuff like wealthy and charming individual who is not alone. Ornate palace. Graveyard mentioned. Whispering secrets.

Given how pickpoint games usually work (more priests and VH than seers), I made sure our pack was wolf heavy from the start and it seems the other pack did the same.

Well, seems like I wasn't the only goodie that was failing spectacularly :p

Anyway, now that the game is over: could someone explain why exactly a Van Helsing is consider to be so good? I genuinely couldn't/can't figure it out myself, which made me weary of using my scan early on Jeray to see if I could trust him after his phishing in fear of it being a really bad of using it.
In hindsight I probably should've scanned Jeray anyway though, but I hadn't expected him to actually go after me for my paranoia...

Well, seems like I wasn't the only goodie that was failing spectacularly :p

Anyway, now that the game is over: could someone explain why exactly a Van Helsing is consider to be so good? I genuinely couldn't/can't figure it out myself, which made me weary of using my scan early on Jeray to see if I could trust him after his phishing in fear of it being a really bad of using it.
In hindsight I probably should've scanned Jeray anyway though, but I hadn't expected him to actually go after me for my paranoia...

randy, at least, would argue it's not worth 11 points, and I'm not sure I disagree.