• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Question, Can the Security Chief send himself into the jail cell for the night? Can the Deputies send the Security Chief or themselves into the cell? There is plently of good reasons to want to send yourself into the jail cell, given your be immune to night actions, so you could avoid being hunted.

Also it says you can't be harmed well you are in the Cell, does that means that a seer could scan a villager as a villager if they were in the cell, but a wolf in the cell would not be scanable because they be harmed by a night action?

Question, Can the Security Chief send himself into the jail cell for the night? Can the Deputies send the Security Chief or themselves into the cell? There is plently of good reasons to want to send yourself into the jail cell, given your be immune to night actions, so you could avoid being hunted.

Also it says you can't be harmed well you are in the Cell, does that means that a seer could scan a villager as a villager if they were in the cell, but a wolf in the cell would not be scanable because they be harmed by a night action?

The Security Chief cannot protect himself, will clarify.

Deputies can end up throwing each other or the Security Chief into a jail cell, and the Security Chief can throw Deputies into a jail cell.

The original intent of the role was lost in my flavorful set-up for the role. No nightly abilities work on people in jail.

In.

Will you lose your ability if you're jailed on a night where you were using a one time power?

Nope. Will clarify.

I'm perfectly fine with all these questions. There was plenty of gray area around the role and trait when I first added them that all this input has allowed me to erase. Covering up any all problem cases is very helpful to me. Thanks all!

If a Security Chief imprisons a Deputy in the woods and nobody's around to hear it, for they would surely die, out there, you know, in the woods, where there is radiation and stuff, does it make a sound?

Also added an exception to the rule where if a wolf or hunter happens to target the person trying to arrest them that night. Figured that if they were preparing to attack said person, they would be ready to see them and fight them.

If a Security Chief imprisons a Deputy in the woods and nobody's around to hear it, for they would surely die, out there, you know, in the woods, where there is radiation and stuff, does it make a sound?

Only if he slams the door to the prison. If he closes the door to the prison quietly, he might be able to imprison the deputy without a sound.

Security Chief sounds like the jailkeeper from mafia. Not sure if that's intentional or not. One thing I'd suggest is adding a roleblocker trait to the setup. It creates an interesting scenario where a baddie with a roleblocker trait can try claiming jailkeeper

Security Chief sounds like the jailkeeper from mafia. Not sure if that's intentional or not. One thing I'd suggest is adding a roleblocker trait to the setup. It creates an interesting scenario where a baddie with a roleblocker trait can try claiming jailkeeper

Partially the inspiration, yeah. Wanted to try something different this time.

Well, the Deputy trait is something that can belong to either a goodie or baddie, so if the Security Chief isn't doing anything, a baddie Deputy can use his trait. I didn't want too many role-blocking things running around, as previous set-ups and games never really had more than one or two roles/traits that were able to do that.

In, good to see some of the classic traits/roles again.
I do have a question, however, do we have a shaman? If so, where is their description in the rule/role-set, if not, why are they in the nightly activity order?

Also added an exception to the rule where if a wolf or hunter happens to target the person trying to arrest them that night. Figured that if they were preparing to attack said person, they would be ready to see them and fight them.
So if a hunter tries to hunt somebody else he won't use his shot?
Also I don't think it makes sense for the hunter to have wasted his shot if he targeted the jailkeeper, since if he didn't fire his gun then he still has the bullet.

For the last wolf then all attacks by the wolf should be blocked, since obviously an imprisoned wolf can't hunt.

So if a hunter tries to hunt somebody else he won't use his shot?
Also I don't think it makes sense for the hunter to have wasted his shot if he targeted the jailkeeper, since if he didn't fire his gun then he still has the bullet.

For the last wolf then all attacks by the wolf should be blocked, since obviously an imprisoned wolf can't hunt.

I wanted to avoid a scenario where the last wolf of a pack is rendered irrelevant by the Security Chief, giving the village time to deal with the other pack. An imprisoned wolf who targets anyone but the person who arrested him is still unable to hunt. I wanted there to be a chance of escape from a "stun lock," so to speak, though the chance of the wolf picking the Security Chief or Deputy who chose to arrest him is going to be rather low.

If the hunter tries to kill someone else, they won't use their shot, but I'm still iffy on whether a hunter should be able to kill the person arresting him if he had PMed me about killing that person before he was arrested. I'm willing to change my ruling on that, but the wolf hunting the person trying to arrest him I want to keep in.

In, good to see some of the classic traits/roles again.
I do have a question, however, do we have a shaman? If so, where is their description in the rule/role-set, if not, why are they in the nightly activity order?

Nice catch. Shaman was supposed to be gone.

I wanted to avoid a scenario where the last wolf of a pack is rendered irrelevant by the Security Chief, giving the village time to deal with the other pack. An imprisoned wolf who targets anyone but the person who arrested him is still unable to hunt. I wanted there to be a chance of escape from a "stun lock," so to speak, though the chance of the wolf picking the Security Chief or Deputy who chose to arrest him is going to be rather low.

If the hunter tries to kill someone else, they won't use their shot, but I'm still iffy on whether a hunter should be able to kill the person arresting him if he had PMed me about killing that person before he was arrested. I'm willing to change my ruling on that, but the wolf hunting the person trying to arrest him I want to keep in.

Nice catch. Shaman was supposed to be gone.
Oh. I misunderstood you then. I thought you were saying that for jailkeeper, and jailkeeper only, the kill wound't happen. Also just to be certain. AOK is the last wolf of the Landsby pack. He wants to hunt Thistle, but I5 imprisons him. Does Thistle die or not?

While novel to allow the wolf/hunter to kill the jailkeeper, it might work.
What do you mean by stun lock?
If the hunter is allowed to hunt the jailer then he should be allowed to hunt him no matter when the PM is sent. After all the imprisonment only takes effect upon deadline. (Otherwise he wouldn't be able to cast votes after the jailer jailed him for instance.)

Oh. I misunderstood you then. I thought you were saying that for jailkeeper, and jailkeeper only, the kill wound't happen. Also just to be certain. AOK is the last wolf of the Landsby pack. He wants to hunt Thistle, but I5 imprisons him. Does Thistle die or not?

While novel to allow the wolf/hunter to kill the jailkeeper, it might work.
What do you mean by stun lock?
If the hunter is allowed to hunt the jailer then he should be allowed to hunt him no matter when the PM is sent. After all the imprisonment only takes effect upon deadline. (Otherwise he wouldn't be able to cast votes after the jailer jailed him for instance.)

Thistle lives because the only person the wolf AOK would be able to kill in that scenario is I5.

By "stun lock," I mean that if the wolf was unable to kill his imprisoner, on the nights he is supposed to hunt, he'd just get stuck being imprisoned forever.

You are correct on the last bit. If I allow the hunter to hunt the jailer it will happen regardless of PM timing.