• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
16179689_1420302531313234_369713453367078678_o.jpg

It'll take me a while to get out of Kim-mode..

If I were ever to actually play again, I think I would start handing out some sort of "MC seals of goodieness" to people which would put them under my protection from lynching. Citizen and EURO should never have been lynched (and nor should wombat have ever been run up like he was).

Speaking of the Citizen and EURO lynches, Jackson is incompetent and has terrible judgment. I don't think turning him substantially affected the amount of damage he did to the goodie side.

I'm a little upset at myself for not semi-clearing k-59 for being a zombie hunter the way everyone else did alxeu; also annoyed that Lem felt the need to divulge his scan list to the wolves when he had plenty of trustworthy people hanging around.

I'm done whining now.

Thanks for GMing, johho!
I would like to ask you to play one last game, this one intended to go on the OT Forum itself as an exhibition designed to attract new players.

Will this be your first game without a GM AAR?
No. That one already happened. I think?

Anyway there will be an AAR for this one, I've just been busy and travelling a lot since the game ended.

GM AAR 1 - The Zombies

The zombie idea came to me from the discussion in the General Werewolf thread where people wanted me to do a pickpoint game but at the same time complained about WW being dead. Pickpoint games works best in reasonably big games because there is a larger chance that odd picks will balanced out with other odd picks. So I wanted a big game but feared a small crowd and what better way to guarantee a good size game than filling up the rooster with dummy players. The name zombie for the dummy player was because I imagined they would cruise along silently like the player type we often refer to as zombies. Also it fit the theme of 2017 being a worse year than 2016 filled with catastrophes like zombie uprisings.

I sent out a bunch of invitations so I wouldn't have to play too many zombies. Some invitations were more worked through than others.

johho888" said:
Pleeeeease join the upcoming WW Big!

We have pick points!

z5KL6Oy.jpg

We have real live zombie wolves!

No, wait that didn't come out right.

What I meant was we have players that are me, the GM, and I might end up playing with myself so you can watch it!

No, wait, that didn't sound as tempting as I intended...

Nevermind this PM, I rather noone watches when I do that.

No, wait, I don't want to scare potential players away.

Nevermind, just ignore this PM altogether and find the game the usual way if you want to play.

As deadline approached I had become so excited about the zombies that:

Gen. Skobelev said:
Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately I'm way too pressed for time to play with any meaningful input to the game so I'll have to regretfully pass this one. Good luck and have fun, though!
johho888 said:
I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually hope I don't get any more signups... I so want to try the new zombie concept.

Since I was going to play the zombies and as a GM I knew the roles of all players I needed some mechanics for how to play them. These were my initial thoughts which I discussed with happycats:

Player selection will be used for selecting targets for vote, scans, protections etc. and could be:
1. random - completely random
2. semi-random - random, excluding known associates
3. toggling - toggling between top/bottom of signup list
4. after after clock - picking the same target as the living player that first posted after x o'clock
5. lemling - always voting to create a (bigger) TIE - and try to vote about 1h before deadline

Personality
a. passive - never contacting anyone, saving single uses to very late, likely to pick protecting traits
b. aggressive - accuse anyone that contacts him, throw in a revenge vote if accused, use single scans early, likely to pick killing traits
c. naive - believe anything people say to him, likely to pick weird combo
d. joker - aim for chaos, likely to pick plotter, jester, robber
e. sceptical - unlikely to share information except when necessary, likely to pick scanning traits

I pretty much went with this but skipped the "3. toggling" and used semi-random for all selection types when it came to scans.

I rolled the dice for each zombie and they ended up as:

Bronzeleg 3: semi-random/passive
THE_MERGE: semi-random/ aggressive
Brown Demon: after 19:00 CET/joker
jonas-Lövgren: after 12:00 CET/sceptical
horny99: lemling/passive
NotOK.12: random/naive

Bronzeleg 3 ended up as a goodie with 3pp. Being passive she picked angelic powers (and damsel to make it 3pp).
THE_MERGE ended up as a baddie with 5pp. Being aggressive he should aim for killing traits but couldn't afford any so he picked SA.
Brown Demon ended up as a baddie with 3pp. Being a joker he picked jester and cultist.
jonas-Lövgren ended up as a goodie with 1pp. Being sceptical he should aim for a scanning trait but couldn't afford any. So he picked the most useful 1pp trait, zombie hunter. (I guess he should have picked ghost whisperer but I didn't want to be responsible for when he used it)
horny99 ended up as a goodie with 2pp. Being passive he picked SA.
NotOK.12 ended up as a baddie with 1pp. Being naive she should aim for something weird but 1pp doesn't really give you many options so she picked damsel.

I deliberately didn't pick guild for any of the zombies because I thought it would involve too much player interaction. Also I didn't go for Lady Luck or "let GM decide" because I wanted to use their personalities.

As the game developped the zombie personalities got a life(!) of their own, based on their interactions in the packs, what you interpreted their "vote plattitudes" as and at the end we had:

horny99 the British exchange student at the same American university as NotOK.12. He's also a bit of a ladie's man.

horny99: Hey, I resent that! Can I help my accent get the girls to fall all over themselves trying to walk me home at nights? :D
Bronzleg 3 the Midwest stay at home mum and pillar of community in her protestant church. She doesn't know it because of the forum nicks but she is actually NotOK.12's mother.
NotOK.12: Mother, is that you!? Are you stalking me!? :eek: You promised you wouldn't look at my browser history! You promised!!! :mad:
Bronzeleg 3: Brittany! What were you doing with that Brit that Saturday night when you weren't around for the deadline? :eek: Also I played Crusader Kings 1 long before you were on the internet but what are you doing on a strategic gaming forum?
NotOK.12: I play Magica with my friends from high school. What is Crusader Kings, is it something church related? :confused:

NotOK.12 is an American arts student. She used to be cheer leader and party girl back in high school but somewhat to her own surprise she actually has started to take her studies really seriously.
Bronzeleg 3: Oh, I'm so proud you are studying and getting good grades! :)
NotOK.12: Hey, it's not Arts! :mad: I'm a psychology major with a minor in cognitive science.

Arts, psychology, whatever... Nothing real, like science or medicine.
NotOK.12: Grrrr! :mad::mad::mad:
THE_MERGE is a Pakistani in his early 30s working in Berlin. He runs a small business of his own but frustrating enough he is not having any luck with women and he has even started to consider his mother's suggestions of different girls from his home village.
THE_MERGE: I am not! :mad:
Bronzeleg 3: But didn't you talk to us in the zombie chat room about how you were going to respond to that Aisha girl? You wanted help with..
THE_MERGE: I did NOT! :mad::mad:
horny99: I can teach..
THE_MERGE: Shut up, shut up, shut up! :mad::mad::mad:

What's that on your desk over there then, it looks a bit like a lett...
THE_MERGE: I'm throwing it away now, I must have accidentally left it laying... Hey, what are you doing, peeking into my appartment? How can you... :eek::confused:
NotOK.12: Does this mean... :eek:
horny99: I bet it does, you naughty GM. :D;)
Bronzeleg 3: You two! You didn't, did you? Brittany!!! :mad:
jonas-Lövgren: Hehe, I am so hosting the next game. :D

Anyway, jonas-Lövgren is an accountant in his 40s in Kitchener, Ontario. He is also an MP representing the Canadian Zombie Party in the Ontario parliament. He spends a lot of time playing Ricky but also like to sit in the park next to the local school.
Brown Demon is 14 years old and lives with his mother in Stockholm, Sweden. He likes football and has made his own FIFA 2016 team, Hammarby, win the Champions League three years in a row.

Brown Demon: Öka takta sista kvarta, Ti-da-holm! Did my jestering mess up anything for someone? When will we get the next part of the AAR? Am I in it? :):cool::):cool::)

Last edited:
That bit of zombie dialogue is surprisingly amusing.

Anyway, jonas-Lövgren is an accountant in his 40s in Kitchener, Ontario. He is also an MP representing the Canadian Zombie Party in the Ontario parliament. He spends a lot of time playing Ricky but also like to sit in the park next to the local school.

He'd be a MPP(member of provincial parliament) if he was serving in the Ontario parliament, not a MP.

horny99 the British exchange student at the same American university as NotOK.12. He's also a bit of a ladie's man.
horny99: Hey, I resent that! Can I help my accent get the girls to fall all over themselves trying to walk me home at nights? :D
Close enough.

I'm still fuming Wagon you guys tried to lynch horny after I died. The lack of respect shown there was just incredible. :(

Close enough.

I'm still fuming Wagon you guys tried to lynch horny after I died. The lack of respect shown there was just incredible. :(

I wanted horny alive!

GM ARR 1 - The Zombies

The zombie idea came to me from the discussion in the General Werewolf thread where people wanted me to do a pickpoint game but at the same time complained about WW being dead. Pickpoint games works best in reasonably big games because there is a larger chance that odd picks will balanced out with other odd picks. So I wanted a big game but feared a small crowd and what better way to guarantee a good size game than filling up the rooster with dummy players. The name zombie for the dummy player was because I imagined they would cruise along silently like the player type we often refer to as zombies. Also it fit the theme of 2017 being a worse year than 2016 filled with catastrophes like zombie uprisings.

I sent out a bunch of invitations so I wouldn't have to play too many zombies. Some invitations were more worked through than others.

As deadline approached I had become so excited about the zombies that:

Since I was going to play the zombies and as a GM I knew the roles of all players I needed some mechanics for how to play them. These were my initial thoughts which I discussed with happycats:

Player selection will be used for selecting targets for vote, scans, protections etc. and could be:
1. random - completely random
2. semi-random - random, excluding known associates
3. toggling - toggling between top/bottom of signup list
4. after after clock - picking the same target as the living player that first posted after x o'clock
5. lemling - always voting to create a (bigger) TIE - and try to vote about 1h before deadline

Personality
a. passive - never contacting anyone, saving single uses to very late, likely to pick protecting traits
b. aggressive - accuse anyone that contacts him, throw in a revenge vote if accused, use single scans early, likely to pick killing traits
c. naive - believe anything people say to him, likely to pick weird combo
d. joker - aim for chaos, likely to pick plotter, jester, robber
e. sceptical - unlikely to share information except when necessary, likely to pick scanning traits

I pretty much went with this but skipped the "3. toggling" and used semi-random for all selection types when it came to scans.

I rolled the dice for each zombie and they ended up as:

Bronzeleg 3: semi-random/passive
THE_MERGE: semi-random/ aggressive
Brown Demon: after 19:00 CET/joker
jonas-Lövgren: after 12:00 CET/sceptical
horny99: lemling/passive
NotOK.12: random/naive

Bronzeleg 3 ended up as a goodie with 3pp. Being passive she picked angelic powers (and damsel to make it 3pp).
THE_MERGE ended up as a baddie with 5pp. Being aggressive he should aim for killing traits but couldn't afford any so he picked SA.
Brown Demon ended up as a baddie with 3pp. Being a joker he picked jester and cultist.
jonas-Lövgren ended up as a goodie with 1pp. Being sceptical he should aim for a scanning trait but couldn't afford any. So he picked the most useful 1pp trait, zombie hunter. (I guess he should have picked ghost whisperer but I didn't want to be responsible for when he used it)
horny99 ended up as a goodie with 2pp. Being passive he picked SA.
NotOK.12 ended up as a baddie with 1pp. Being naive she should aim for something weird but 1pp doesn't really give you many options so she picked damsel.

I deliberately didn't pick guild for any of the zombies because I thought it would involve too much player interaction. Also I didn't go for Lady Luck or "let GM decide" because I wanted to use their personalities.

As the game developped the zombie personalities got a life(!) of their own, based on their interactions in the packs, what you interpreted their "vote plattitudes" as and at the end we had:

Bronzleg 3 the Midwest stay at home mum and pillar of community in her protestant church. She doesn't know it because of the forum nicks but she is actually NotOK.12's mother.
NotOK.12: Mother, is that you!? Are you stalking me!? :eek: You promised you wouldn't look at my browser history! You promised!!! :mad:
Bronzeleg 3: Brittany! What were you doing with that Brit that Saturday night when you weren't around for the deadline? :eek: Also I played Crusader Kings 1 long before you were on the internet but what are you doing on a strategic gaming forum?
NotOK.12: I play Magica with my friends from high school. What is Crusader Kings, is it something church related? :confused:

NotOK.12 is an American arts student. She used to be cheer leader and party girl back in high school but somewhat to her own surprise she actually has started to take her studies really seriously.
Bronzeleg 3: Oh, I'm so proud you are studying and getting good grades! :)
NotOK.12: Hey, it's not Arts! :mad: I'm a psychology major with a minor in cognitive science.

Arts, psychology, whatever... Nothing real, like science or medicine.
NotOK.12: Grrrr! :mad::mad::mad:
THE_MERGE is a Pakistani in his early 30s working in Berlin. He runs a small business of his own but frustrating enough he is not having any luck with women and he has even started to consider his mother's suggestions of different girls from his home village.
THE_MERGE: I am not! :mad:
Bronzeleg 3: But didn't you talk to us in the zombie chat room about how you were going to respond to that Aisha girl? You wanted help with..
THE_MERGE: I did NOT! :mad::mad:
horny99: I can teach..
THE_MERGE: Shut up, shut up, shut up! :mad::mad::mad:

What's that on your desk over there then, it looks a bit like a lett...
THE_MERGE: I'm throwing it away now, I must have accidentally left it laying... Hey, what are you doing, peeking into my appartment? How can you... :eek::confused:
NotOK.12: Does this mean... :eek:
horny99: I bet it does, you naughty GM. :D;)
Bronzeleg 3: You two! You didn't, did you? Brittany!!! :mad:
jonas-Lövgren: Hehe, I am so hosting the next game. :D

Brown Demon is 14 years old and lives with his mother in Stockholm, Sweden. He likes football and has made his own FIFA 2016 team, Hammarby, win the Champions League three years in a row.

Brown Demon: Öka takta sista kvarta, Ti-da-holm! Did my jestering mess up anything for someone? When will we get the next part of the AAR? Am I in it? :):cool::):cool::)

Johho I'm starting to feel worried about your mental health :D

GM AAR 2 - Picking the Points
42 players, two packs and the golden rule meant 2 packs of 6 + 2 unaligned baddies.

The packs both got 7+5+4+3+3+2pp

The Robotic pack
7 - Steed - picked "GM's choice" and got: cultist + infiltrator + spiritually attuned
5 - Daffius - werewolf + spiritually attuned
4 - Gen. Marshall - werewolf + guild member
3 - Brown Demon - cultist + jester
3 - Tornadoli - cultist + guild member + damsel in distress
2 - enkhuush - picked "GM's choice" and got: cultist + seerish powers + plotter

The Hologram pack
7 - alxeu - werewolf + robber
5 - THE_MERGE - werewolf + spiritually attuned
4 - De Chatillôn - cultist + jester
3 - esemesas - "Lady Luck"

3 - NotOK.12 - werewolf + damsel in distress
2 - ClaudLC - "Lady Luck"

For the unaligned baddies I wanted exactly one sorcerer with no apprentice so I only gave one player the unaligned pickpoint table (and kept one unaligned role in reserve for the Lady Luckers)
7 - aedan777 - sorcerer + guild member + healing powers

The goodies got two players that could pick seer/GA/vH and two that could pick priest/doc/spy.

The important goodies
12 - Comm Cody - van Helsing + ghost whisperer + spiritually attuned
12 - Lemeard - seer + zombie hunter
9 - Hazbot - villager + spy + ghost whisperer (hidden: blessed)
9 - jeray2000 - priest

The semi-important goodies
7 - LatinKaiser - villager + one eye open + guild member
7 - Spockyt - villager + infiltrator
7 - Rovsea - villager + infiltrator
5 - JCan - villager + distiller + spiritually attuned + ghost whisper
5 - madchemist - villager + spiritually attuned + priestly powers
4 - Hax - villager + spiritually attuned + alderman (hidden: cursed)
4 - k-59 - villager + spiritually attuned + ghost whisperer + zombie hunter

The cannon fodder
3 - Bronzelegs 3 - villager + angelic powers + damsel in distress
3 - Panzer Commader - villager + spiritually attuned + ghost whisperer
3 - Audren - villager + angelic powers + plotter (hidden: apprentice)
2 - kaiserohaib - "Lady Luck" (hidden: cursed)

2 - Yakman - villager + ghost whisperer + damsel in distress
2 - Cliges - villager + guild member
2 - Capibara villager + distiller
2 - Canadian_95_RTS - villager + brutal
2 - Health - "Lady Luck"

2 - horny99 - villager + spiritually attuned
1 - AvatarOfKhaine - "Lady Luck" (hidden: apprentice)

1 - jonas-Lövgren - villager + zombie hunter (hidden: cursed)
1 - Jacksonian Missionary - "Lady Luck"

1 - EUROO7 - villager + damsel in distress
1 - Citizen1oo1 - "Lady Luck"

0 - Sleepyhead - "Lady Luck" (hidden: blessed)
0 - Wagonlitz - "Lady Luck" (hidden: cursed)
0 - deathbywombat - "Lady Luck" (hidden: apprentice)

The Lady Luckers:

So I had 10 Lady Luckers, eight goodies with 0+0+0+1+1+1+2+2pp and cursed+cursed+blessed+apprentice+apprentice as hidden traits and surprisingly also two baddies with 3+2pp.

unaligned baddie:
Sleepyhead - cultist + blessed + brutal + cloak of invisibility
(I thought the baddies needed some more killing power, hence the brutal, but also a free cultist needs some protection, hence the blessed/cloak)

aligned baddies:
ClaudLC - werewolf + distiller
AvatarOfKhaine - werewolf + seerish powers
(I felt the werewolf:cultist ratio needed to be tuned in favour of werewolves so made both Lady Luck baddies wolves)

goodies:
Citizen1oo1 - villager (hidden: apprentice)
Health - villager (hidden: cursed)
Kaisersohaib - villager + padre (hidden: blessed)
Wagonlitz - villager + zombie hunter
esemesas - villager + healing powers (hidden: apprentice)
deathbywombat - villager + healing powers + angelic powers
Jacksonian Missionary - villager + guild member
(since noone picked GA, doc or padre I thought the village needed something in case of an early seer death, hence the padre and som sprinkled protection powers. Also added a zombie hunter since the village didn't have much killing powers)

In the end one pack was cultist heavy and the other ended up wolf heavy. Nice asymmetry.
The goodies was heavily tilted towards information gathering and was lacking in both killing power and protection powers. Also not something I would have designed so could be interesting.

For the guild I picked:
2 angelic powers
2 spy powers
1 zombie hunter
1 cloak of invisibility
1 jester
A mix of killing, information gathering and protection powers, which I thought could be useful both for baddies and goodies, whoever ended up steering/controlling the guild.

As for the players' selections I think the major goodies was decent enough not to unbalance the game. There were some unexpected pickings like two goodie infiltrators and two goodie distiller but nothing too outlandish. I was a bit surprised at the lack of goodie killers, especially since I made zombie hunter so cheap. I was not surprised at the lack of goodie protectors since that often is a bit boring to play.

Last edited: