• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We will have to trust the GM to interpret the claims in a balanced and fair way. Making only the most obvious claims count sort of ruins the fun, whereas accepting overly obscure and far fetched references is pointless/OP.

Trusting the GM? What strange reality do you come from?

In as the Duke of Alba

I think if we're going to have PL we have to establish that a PL claim *has* to be in the form of "I am [x]" where x is a role or trait. No "I hate garlic" to claim vampire or "Just came back from church" to claim priest or any of that nonsense. Although using RP names where they exist should be okay. But there shouldn't be any flexibility in it because the GM's opinion should at no point influence the game. The trait is still immensely powerful even with that limitation so I don't see the issue.

Notably, this game's PL is the first one I see that can claim wolf to be able to hunt at night. Would be fun if he hit a cursed villager somehow.
PLs have been able to claim wolf and hunt many many times in the past.

Also your suggestion basically destroys the trait. There's no use in having it that way.
Since nobody is gonna start doing such claims unless it's JL sanctioned as the first person to do it is gonna be teh PL.
And the JL having everybody claim a specific role/trait is abusing the trait. It's a bug, not a feature. Something which goes against hte spirit of the game/trait. Just because JLs have ised it that way in the past doesn't mean that it's how it should be used.
Also, forcing it to be used that way means that it's 100% useless unless a strong JL emerges, in whihc case it makes an iron JL even stronger. You can't really balance around that, sicne the trait it 100% useless unless a strong JL forms, meanign that you need to give the goodies other, strong things for balance, but if a strong JL forms it's really strong and you need to remove things from the goodies for balance. I.e. you can't balance it under your weird rules unless you interfere with the game.

And it's not Gm influencing. You can tell the GM your claim at any time in the day and he'll reply as soon as he sees it, telling you if it's accepted or not. He won't tell you what yo need to do to get it accpted. Just whether it's accepted or not. That's not really different to getting the result from a scan.

Also, aren't you one of the biggest lover of spies? Spy reports are written by the GM and do highly interfere with the game. I shot ram on the basis of a spy report last game. Some types of GM interference can't be avoided and are desirable.

Part of teh charm of teh PL, and the reason it works at all balance wise, is that you need to make a smart claim. If you just do "I'm x" you'll get hunted in the night. You need to make a claim which nobody spots. The entire idea is to make the claims undetected. PL is SUPPOSED to be a really strong role. There's a reason that it's one of the, if not the, most expensive things ot get in a pickpoints game.

If you hit a curse as a wolf PL then I don't see it as any different to having your nightly action jestered into a wolf attack which hits a curse. I.e. you create a new pack containing just one, unlucky soul.

If you hit a curse as a wolf PL then I don't see it as any different to having your nightly action jestered into a wolf attack which hits a curse. I.e. you create a new pack containing just one, unlucky soul.

Has that happened before? Hitting a cursed with a wolf attack caused by PL or jester?

@Capibara please make me a PL in this game so I can post varying forms of "I am Wagonlitz" every day until I am given his login credentials, credit card information, Danish citizenship, refugee gold tooth collection, etc.

• 6Haha
Reactions:
Has that happened before? Hitting a cursed with a wolf attack caused by PL or jester?
Not sure. I seem to remember that it might have. @johho888 might know better.
In any case then jester always has had it written in the role description that an action jestered into a wolf hunt hitting a cursed would create a new pack with the turned man as the only member. Hence a PL wolf hunt would be assumed to do that same. Would be logical, at least.

@Capibara please make me a PL in this game so I can post varying forms of "I am Wagonlitz" every day until I am given his login credentials, credit card information, Danish citizenship, refugee gold tooth collection, etc.
Dont' forget 10k photos dating from the 1860s onwards, including quite a few WWII era photos. XD

• 1Like
Reactions:

Done.

• 1Love
Reactions:
Love to see new faces. Welcome all!

• 1Love
Reactions:
Dont' forget 10k photos dating from the 1860s onwards, including quite a few WWII era photos. XD

This is the most Wagon response possible. Bravo, sir.

Sor-Juana-Ines-De-La-Cruz-con-gafas-1.png

Juana at your service.

Moon lover. Mystic. Myopic.

• 1Love
Reactions:
In as Capitan Alatriste

Not sure. I seem to remember that it might have. @johho888 might know better.
In any case then jester always has had it written in the role description that an action jestered into a wolf hunt hitting a cursed would create a new pack with the turned man as the only member. Hence a PL wolf hunt would be assumed to do that same. Would be logical, at least.
IIRC I had a jester hit a wolf robber on the day he was to rob someone, turning the robbing into a hunt of a cursed player that then turned wolf. It didn't start a new pack though since the robber was a wolf.

Some, but not all, PL rules has it written that claiming wolf only makes you scan as one, not making you able to hunt.

Regarding the PL claim I really dislike the 'I am <list of all trait>' claims that a JL liar can make. It should be at least somewhat challenging to claim roles/traits.

I had an idea about how your liar abaility would be taken away from you/stop working if you were spotted as such. For that 'liar spotting' not to be overused I thought of adding a single use 'liar spotting' trait and hand that out to just a few people. Never used that in any game though so not sure how well it would have worked.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Regarding the PL claim I really dislike the 'I am <list of all trait>' claims that a JL liar can make. It should be at least somewhat challenging to claim roles/traits.

I had an idea about how your liar abaility would be taken away from you/stop working if you were spotted as such. For that 'liar spotting' not to be overused I thought of adding a single use 'liar spotting' trait and hand that out to just a few people. Never used that in any game though so not sure how well it would have worked.
liar.jpg