Werewolf CCXLI: It's not dead, it just left five years ago to get smokes. It'll come back, I swear.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wonder: how long was the Purple Pack running things behind the scenes? And how did they know that Jopi was the GA? Even I never knew that.

Timeline:

Johho the sorcerer contacted Avernite on night 4; I got in contact with him night 5. By that point, johho had picked up Alynkio/Jacksonian Missionary and had scanned Audren. We learned later that day yellow had picked up marco that night.

Johho scanned tamius turn 6.

By turn 7, purple had the next 2 hunts (hunt order was ABCCBA, we were C) and we already knew cliges allegiance due to Audren, so by that point we had the leverage to influence who would live and who would die (As an aside, Cliges reached out to me turn 7, thinking I was a cultist). The last two turns were basically a hunt for the last two reds - was hoping to pick up the red, but we had the pack numbers to control the vote as soon as turn 7). Sleepyhead was our top target; by process of elimination jeray had to be the last red (analyzing vote records/which people we knew were cultists).

Called it, kinda

Anyway, I tried to organize a semi-JL the day before I got ate to at least get us remaining goodies voting together but it was doomed from the start because we invited Wombat. Good game everyone.

Sorry about that. You played well and had me pegged early. I actually wanted you dead earlier (the turn 5 massacre) to create more villager carnage (was planning to order ironhide to shoot you) but Avernite countermanded me, which ended up working out nicely for us.

Anyway, random thoughts on the game:

1) My case on nepechri was meant to be a legit case; I seriously thought he was a baddie, and misread him. Wasn't too broken up that I was wrong, but still, it was actually an attempt to find and kill a baddie for early credibility.
2) On the night of carnage (night 5), we actually originally had set the distill to cherion, which would have prevented the shot on avernite that night (I guessed correctly who the hunter that came forward was, which I was proud of). We switched our distill to DeChat about 2 minutes before deadline with the revelation that the JL wanted De Chat alive, thinking that he might of been the assassin set shoot Avernite. This doomed avernite (I would have loved to see the village reaction if Avernite survived another night.), but saved Jackson. Our distills were then kept on De Chat, Jopi, and Chieron for the rest of the game.
3) Weirdly, I think most of the game mechanics militated against the village. We actually had 2 shots set on alxeu that went through a guardian angel - Ironhide's shot and Jeray's shot. Rather than both shots being wasted, which I thought would have happened, jeray's shot went through and Ironhide kept his shot (happy flipped a coin). This saved the baddies a lot of trouble and at least one whole turn of hunting, possbily more.
4) The concerned citizens thing wasn't a terrible idea; inviting me, an uncleared player with just a role claim and 1 decent analysis post, was not wise (even though much of my advice was accurate - I did call chieron, LK, and E_L being villagers, and was shocked E_L ended up on the chopping block). I basically knew what most of the cleared goodies thought and could direct lynches accordingly. I was also terrified that I had sent ironhide to his death by shooting de chat; de chat had asked Chieron to use padre powers on de chat on the night he was shot, but Cheiron misread De Chat's instructions and did not use them that night.
5) Sniping. The missed snipe on Claude was stupid and a mistake on my part - I should have anticipated Claude's move, but did not do so, trusting the bells too much. I should not have been trusted after that, though, as I could have been a baddie - indeed, I was surprised my conversation with Wagon/Capage kept going. The snipe on sleepy should have clued all villagers in that something was wrong with my allegiance - the village really did want a tie in that situation, and I destroyed any hope of that with the snipe. Obviously, the last snipe kind of proved my allegiance, but by that point it was long past mattering.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Anyway, thank you very much @happycats517 (and DNFC) for hosting and for the invite! I was honestly surprised to see the invite - thought I had deactivated my invites/messages from this forum, but this one somehow slipped through. Your GMing was exceptional, and went off without a hitch.

Also, to everyone who participated, thank you all for playing! I, for one, definitely missed playing WW with you all, and am pleased to see WW is still going strong on these forums. Avernite and johho888 were awesome partners in crime - it was an absolute blast plotting chaos and confusion with them.

Thank you all for welcoming my brother MAWofdoom as well (having him with my pack was fortunate, it gave us something to talk about). He did make a couple mistakes, but overall I think he acquitted himself well for his first time on the forum and me not explaining any of the rules to him. Also was very impressed with Ironhide, who definitely stepped up his game and earned his first WW Big win.

I'll try to come back every now and again (with other MCers in tow - fingers crossed), but this game really is a time drain if played with any degree of effectiveness. Still, though, feel free to send me invites, or drop a line whenever just to say hi.

The concerned citizens thing wasn't a terrible idea; inviting me, an uncleared player with just a role claim and 1 decent analysis post, was not wise
Yeah, it was a Hail Mary play and it worked out pretty poorly. I knew at this point the numbers were bad so I took a chance to get one more voter in. I'm not sure it made much of a difference from the villager perspective, though perhaps it swung the advantage to purple pack over yellow and red.

While there's an argument that the village was doomed at the start, I think poor play was a big part of it as well. Most days we had wolves as possible lynch candidates but the village had a hard time mustering the votes to make it happen, which I suppose can partly be blamed on the wolf ratio. The most glaring example is how we had lots of people suspecting Jackson about half the game (and Cliges the whole game) but nothing ever really came of it.

It was also interesting how I had Claude pegged as a yellow wolf because of Panzer and Tamius defending him. That analysis was completely wrong but he was a wolf anyway, just a red one.

No, when I claimed Comm Cody and found out he was Restless we wanted to just mess with the village and sent some false info (Arkasas is a baddie or something along that line, possibly disguised as a spy report?) to someone (marco, I think) hoping the recepient would fake out you. Can't remember why we picked you but the whole thing fell apart since you died before the note reach anyone. But I think it might still have confused Marco the cultist and his master Cliges the wolf.

Yes, you did send that to me (or at least, I got a message with: "out Arkasas or else" at about the same time I read that Arkasas had been lynched in place of Avernite. I really didn't know what to think after Arkasas turned out to be a villager in the same turn.

My first game with a role other villager and my first win. Thanks for a very fun game. Being a cultist spy really gives you an interesting view on things.

Will keep an eye out for the next one.

Also was very impressed with Ironhide, who definitely stepped up his game and earned his first WW Big win.
I agree with that. IG really seems to have improved.

While there's an argument that the village was doomed at the start, I think poor play was a big part of it as well. Most days we had wolves as possible lynch candidates but the village had a hard time mustering the votes to make it happen, which I suppose can partly be blamed on the wolf ratio. The most glaring example is how we had lots of people suspecting Jackson about half the game (and Cliges the whole game) but nothing ever really came of it.
The village did almost perfectly in the first 5 days, bagging 4 wolves. That's about as well as you can hope for and even then it was long past parity and only chugging on due to there still being different packs.
The village never stood a chance unless it managed to killed multiple baddies every single night, which just isn't gonna happen.

Yeah, it was a Hail Mary play and it worked out pretty poorly. I knew at this point the numbers were bad so I took a chance to get one more voter in. I'm not sure it made much of a difference from the villager perspective, though perhaps it swung the advantage to purple pack over yellow and red.

It was also interesting how I had Claude pegged as a yellow wolf because of Panzer and Tamius defending him. That analysis was completely wrong but he was a wolf anyway, just a red one.

Not just partly, the wolf ratio has a lot to do with that. You can't expect that baddies to vote for the interest of the village.

My biggest problem with the game is people's attitudes to zombies. I contributed as little as possible and that was a pretty good strategy for wolf me, lasted me much longer than when I try to be active.
Another man for the CAWZ

This was a very rough game to be a villager. Johho was lucky to pick up Cody early, though. Had Beartjah or DeChat scanned him first, things could have worked out.... differently, but probably still a wolf-victory. Having only 1 unattacahed cultist and a starting apprentice for the goodie scanners (and maybe a full padre or another assassination too) might have rounded things out for the village.

Also, for a game that was 4/9 baddies from the start, there was relatively little (unintentional) baddie-on-baddie violence (until the last 2 days, when it was very intentional). Had a bunch of cultists been hunted instead of Beartjah...

A small part of me wanted to message Sleepy on the penultimate day. Might have been able to save Claude, at least. But ultimately decided it was too risky in a game that was already basically won, and building trust would likely have been difficult. (Though winning with the reds would have been at least theoretically possible)

Many thanks to HappyCats (and DNFC) for hosting. I chuckled at most of the updates and the two of you are just great.

Luck had nothing to do with me picking up Cody! I work from a carefully crafted and logical approach, scanning in signup order... E_L (and Bash) would have been proud of me. *nods*

Luck had nothing to do with me picking up Cody! I work from a carefully crafted and logical approach, scanning in signup order... E_L (and Bash) would have been proud of me. *nods*
300px-Pepe_Silvia.jpg

@Eternaly_Lost when he sees the signup list. :p

@Capibara Is it true you are hosting the next game?

• 1Like
Reactions:
1625. Welcome to the court of Philip IV, by the grace of God king of the Spains, Both the Sicilies, Jerusalem, the Indies, etc., archduke of Austria, duke of Burgundy, Milan, etc., count of Habsburg, Tyrol, etc., the Planet King.

Spain still reigns supreme in Europe and the Americas and arts flourish all across the Empire, with some of the greatest works of literature being created as we speak, and grand churches built from Sevilla to Manila. The fear Spanish tercios march across Europe, while Spanish ships sail across the world, bringing gold and invaluable goods to Madrid.

However, enemies lurk in every corner: the wars against the Netherlands and the Protestant powers have weakened the once invincible empire, the conflict with the Ottoman Empire in the Mediterrenean hasn’t ended completely and the French would like nothing more than to see their southern rivals humbled.

Several agents of these enemy powers have infiltrated the king’s court, their intention clear: sow chaos, and bring the Spanish Empire to its knees. Your mission? Root them out before it’s too late, save the king and keep Spain in her rightful place: on top of the world.