Werewolf CCXLI: It's not dead, it just left five years ago to get smokes. It'll come back, I swear.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Simple. It's not the first vote that's suspicious, it's the votes afterward that made the bandwagon. Besides, if we go back to Jopi's post he is pretty wishy-washy about his vote. Afterwards we start digging into the text around the vote instead of the vote itself, which is where the case almost seemed like dragging at straws.

For reference the comment town nepechri wouldn't make that showed strange logic was:

Which is as much as a nothing-burger as you can get.

The secret word is burger.

Looks like we found ourselves a Capage-AsdfeZxcas connection. Frying up mischief, y'all?

So, my thoughts;
Claude: Why, just why? Day 2 is too early for a CAWZ, and if we are assuning inactivity = wolfishness..... I mean you’d think he at least remember to cast a placeholder vote. Wolves PM’s, which at least for me show up as emails on my phone, so you’d think it would be harder for a wolf to just outright forget (unless they slept through it, but any villager can do that.) I can barely follow his line of reasoning, but whatever, this seems like a lazy vote to pursue.

Chefjones: He’s clearly the safe-harbor candidate today, as he’s under everyone’s nose and thus a vote can be cast for him suspicion free with a ready-made simple justification. I’d be shocked if wolves weren’t hiding in his voters, and considering how many are on him/the lack of any other pushes (with one exception, said below), I’d also be surprised if he actually was a wolf.

Cliges: His reasoning is bizarre, barely coherent, and all over the place. And that’s without checking out his votes.

Sleepyhead: this one caught my eye in particular, when Bear quoted all of his posts together (and Sleepy helpfully provided his own “defense”). Reasons without any reasoning, analysis without any analysis, alot of fluffy, useless posts.

Marco: His posts also caught my eye for being.... well, “vote Euro because he was trying to get everyone killed on day 1” doesn’t really require much explanation. His exchange with Cliges was fine (Cliges just came off even worse), nothing latter caught my eye. Curious, but not high on my list.

Capage: He obviously meant to vote Cody, the case against him is typo based. But he also considers puns to be wolfish, so automatic 10000 baddie points! :mad:

Arky Ark: I SAW THAT REACT!

Jeray: Open laziness is a sign of absolutely nothing.

I would be inclined to vote for Sleepy or Cliges atm without hesitation. Alas, I see that other villagers have beat me to the punch, with a budding wagon forming on Sleepy (possible attempt to divert away from Chef?), and that following up on either would just be following yet another Euro wagon. Which does nothing to help me avoid the noose.... but when have I ever been gravely concerned about that anyway?

UNVOTE WAGON
VOTE CLIGES

The secret word is burger.

Looks like we found ourselves a Capage-AsdfeZxcas connection. Frying up mischief, y'all?
Where's the connection to Cabage in that post?

No hunting order and then boasting about it is a good tactic. But who would have vision and courage to go through with it?

Someone mentioned a nothing burger earlier, and that's probably worth looking at. There might be a pattern to the burger talk.

Huge respect to any wolf who follows Cliges lead and selfouts.

Both agreeing and disagreeing is suspicious in this game.
I agree. Wait, no-

Anyway, after reviewing the thread I don't think the cases against Jones or Ramius are particularly compelling. Claude hasn't contributed much but voting for a zombie is a bit of a copout. However, posting a decent amount but without really saying anything makes me suspect sleepy. Besides, he has Euro's endorsement, so what could go wrong?

Unvote wombat
Vote sleepyhead

I realise this vote creates a tie, but I don't expect the tie to stand since we've still got about 90 minutes at my count.

Edit: Added a word

I'm just kinda confused as to how I should be voting with my second alderman vote. Do I vote on leading candidates, even if it pushes them far ahead, or am I to reserve my vote until late in the day, so that way I avoid creating frontrunners just by voting?

How often is it that the alderman even gets to reveal their second vote? It's certainly been a while since I can remember.

Anyway, I said I'd get off of ramius once he stopped being lazy, and he did do that.

Unvote Ramius

I'm going to reserve my vote for now, though. Again, if I vote for anyone relevant, they're almost guaranteed to be a candidate at deadline, but I've not a strong opinion about anyone, at the moment, and I'd rather not throwaway, either.

How is talking about burgers something whihc makes them wolves?

If I were to hazard a guess, it's pack coordination. You'll also note that the burger metaphors deal with themes of absence and lack of fulfillment. That doesn't seem like the chatter of villagers to me.

So, my thoughts;
Claude: Why, just why? Day 2 is too early for a CAWZ, and if we are assuning inactivity = wolfishness..... I mean you’d think he at least remember to cast a placeholder vote. Wolves PM’s, which at least for me show up as emails on my phone, so you’d think it would be harder for a wolf to just outright forget (unless they slept through it, but any villager can do that.) I can barely follow his line of reasoning, but whatever, this seems like a lazy vote to pursue.

Chefjones: He’s clearly the safe-harbor candidate today, as he’s under everyone’s nose and thus a vote can be cast for him suspicion free with a ready-made simple justification. I’d be shocked if wolves weren’t hiding in his voters, and considering how many are on him/the lack of any other pushes (with one exception, said below), I’d also be surprised if he actually was a wolf.

Cliges: His reasoning is bizarre, barely coherent, and all over the place. And that’s without checking out his votes.

Sleepyhead: this one caught my eye in particular, when Bear quoted all of his posts together (and Sleepy helpfully provided his own “defense”). Reasons without any reasoning, analysis without any analysis, alot of fluffy, useless posts.

Marco: His posts also caught my eye for being.... well, “vote Euro because he was trying to get everyone killed on day 1” doesn’t really require much explanation. His exchange with Cliges was fine (Cliges just came off even worse), nothing latter caught my eye. Curious, but not high on my list.

Capage: He obviously meant to vote Cody, the case against him is typo based. But he also considers puns to be wolfish, so automatic 10000 baddie points! :mad:

Arky Ark: I SAW THAT REACT!

Jeray: Open laziness is a sign of absolutely nothing.

I would be inclined to vote for Sleepy or Cliges atm without hesitation. Alas, I see that other villagers have beat me to the punch, with a budding wagon forming on Sleepy (possible attempt to divert away from Chef?), and that following up on either would just be following yet another Euro wagon. Which does nothing to help me avoid the noose.... but when have I ever been gravely concerned about that anyway?

UNVOTE WAGON
VOTE CLIGES
And what are your thoughts on Euro?

If I were to hazard a guess, it's pack coordination. You'll also note that the burger metaphors deal with themes of absence and lack of fulfillment. That doesn't seem like the chatter of villagers to me.
Cliges, my philosopher friend, I think you're overthinking this. :p

Day 2 Votecount: 2h to deadline

Chefjones: 4
Jacksonian Missionary [290]
Panzer Commader [296]
johho888 [297]
Comm Cody [331]

ramius: 4
Audren [294]
Wagonlitz [301]
alxeu [316]
alxeu [alderman]

Claude LC: 4
madchemist [311]
aedan [338]
Arkasas [342]
De Chat [355]

EURO: 3
MarcoRossolini [330]
Sleepyhead [339]
Avernite [298 Marco -> 367]

Sleepyhead: 3
beartjah [348]
Capage [344 Chef -> 358 CC -> 363]
EURO [287 Wagonlitz -> 303 Chef -> 364]

Wagonlitz: 2
Chefjones [288]
Ramius [289]

Cliges: 2
Ironhide G1 [317]
jeray [371]

deathbywombat: 1
AsdfeZxcas [312]

madchemist: 1
Cliges [315]

De Chatillon: 1
deathbywombat [319]

Emperor Ike: 1
Jopi [340]

AsdfeZxcas: 1
Eternaly_Lost [353]

Capage: 1
MAWofdoom [354]

Audren: 1
Claude LC [357]

Not Voted: 6

@Eusebio *
@tamius23
@LatinKaiser
Emperor Ike
the_hdk
Capibara

Thoughts on today's candidates:

Chefjones: I get a general sort of wolfish feeling from his posts, in addition to the easy vote on Wagon that was never retracted. Happy with my vote where it is. Good Lynch Rating = 3/5

Ramius: Voted Wagon like chefjones, but attitude has been trolling rather than defensive so in my mind slightly less likely wolf. Good lynch rating = 2.5/5

Claude: Gets voted for "inactivity" in most games that I see... But he's really not the worst zombie around. We got some contribution from him today, I see 0 reason to vote him. Good Lynch Rating = 1.5/5

Euro: Why? He's being active and creating movement. Leave him. If he is a wolf we will eventually find out but for now he is helping the village no matter what team he's on. Good Lynch Rating = 0/5

Sleepyhead: I think he's being voted for being more RP than content? But... that's sleepyhead in every game, at least this early. A completely random vote in my mind. Good Lynch Rating = 1.5/5

Wagonlitz: I don't think anyone seriously believes that he and aedan are packmates. So no real reason to vote him. But he's not cleared either, I can absolutely see wolf Wagon behaving in the same way. But much like Euro, he is creating activity and movement and that is good. Good Lynch Rating = 0.5/5

Cliges: Saying a whole lot of nothing. Weird comments about the hunts. Bad feeling. Good Lynch Rating = 2/5

Well the tie is still standing, Euro's not taking off, and I might be off till deadline, so I'll pick the defensive-sounding Chefjones out of the set of tie-contenders.

UNvote Euro, Vote Chefjones

3rd Day 2 Votecount
Day 2 Votecount: 1h to deadline

Chefjones: 5
Jacksonian Missionary [290]
Panzer Commader [296]
johho888 [297]
Comm Cody [331]
Avernite [298 Marco -> 367 EURO -> 396]

Claude LC: 4
madchemist [311]
aedan [338]
Arkasas [342]
De Chat [355]

Sleepyhead: 4
beartjah [348]
Capage [344 Chef -> 358 CC -> 363]
EURO [287 Wagonlitz -> 303 Chef -> 364]
AsdfeZxcas [312 wombat -> 387]

Cliges: 3
Ironhide G1 [317]
jeray [371]
Ramius [289 Wagon ->383]

EURO: 2
MarcoRossolini [330]
Sleepyhead [339]

ramius: 2
Audren [294]
Wagonlitz [301]

Wagonlitz: 1
Chefjones [288]

madchemist: 1
Cliges [315]

De Chatillon: 1
deathbywombat [319]

Emperor Ike: 1
Jopi [340]

AsdfeZxcas: 1
Eternaly_Lost [353]

Capage: 1
MAWofdoom [354]

Audren: 1
Claude LC [357]

Not Voted: 7

@Eusebio *
@tamius23
@LatinKaiser
Emperor Ike
the_hdk
Capibara
alxeu [316 ramius -> 389 unvote]
alxeu [alderman]

My thoughts on the situation (not that anyone asked):

- Cliges is certainly acting very aggressively and being very feisty in general, but I can’t say that this is setting off any wolfdar alarms in my head. As far as I remember, wolf!Cliges is usually quiet, almost cadaverously so. While I do find his behavior odd, that doesn’t necessarily make me think he’s a baddie... though I’m not ruling anything out either.
- Ramius is doing what he does best: antagonizing everyone in the thread and daring the village to lynch him so that he can either taunt them for waiting so long (if he’s a baddie) or taunt them for lynching him at all (if he’s a goodie). No real reading one way or the other.
- ChefJones seems to be behaving as he usually does (from what I remember), but I am getting a bit of a baddie read. He’s attracted something of a bandwagon, though, so I don’t think I need to pile on.
- Claude is doing nothing, as usual, and is being run up early for it, as usual. There is probably at least one baddie among the Claude voters.
- I don’t really know what’s up with Sleepyhead, but I can see a possibility of him being a waffle.
- EURO is, as always, doing the Lord’s work. Like all great geniuses, he is woefully misunderstood by his contemporaries.

Vote Sleepyhead