• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Pretty disappointing that I was right about Caillean two days ago, but because a variety of people just refused to lynch her for no good reason, a lot of people (most importantly me) died in the mean time.

Just for the record, I did contact Ironhide AND Dedonus before deadline, received confirmation from Dedonus that the hunt was off me (apparently the day 2 standing order was on me). I wanted to throw something when I saw the day 3 update - guessing the standing order never got updated.

I was never contacted after night 3, so I didn't know who the last wolf or the bandersnatch, although I guessed the last wolf was someone inactive. So I monkeyed around with the votes (guessed the_hdk was not a baddie and voted accordingly).

So did you kill me, or was it prior to your subbing?

Yes, Capage wasn’t around. It was clear you were leading the JL. Wasn’t aware I was the only active baddie.

Edit: I was either really lucky or Maw took pity on me.

Yes, Capage wasn’t around. It was clear you were leading the JL. Wasn’t aware I was the only active baddie.
Well, leading...

I did manage to forget Alynkio was claimed cleared :p

Thanks for hosting MAW.

Definitely an interesting theme with fun ideas, and numbers-wise fairly well balanced. The baddie side was insanely fragile, though - only 2 starting wolves meant the game could have ended easily turn 2 or 3. Sorcerer and bandersnatch should have been combined as roles, and the one starting pack should have been 4 strong and consisted of wolves and zealots (who could promote to wolves).

Otherwise, good job. I think this game exhibits why Bigs need to be above 20 players, though - 1 or two inactive players can deep six a game outright.

Reactions:
Also props to Team Wombat for at least trying to infiltrate the JL. He did more for us (or pretended to at least) than some active goodie players I could mention :p

Thanks for hosting MAW.

Definitely an interesting theme with fun ideas, and numbers-wise fairly well balanced. The baddie side was insanely fragile, though - only 2 starting wolves meant the game could have ended easily turn 2 or 3. Sorcerer and bandersnatch should have been combined as roles, and the one starting pack should have been 4 strong and consisted of wolves and zealots (who could promote to wolves).

Otherwise, good job. I think this game exhibits why Bigs need to be above 20 players, though - 1 or two inactive players can deep six a game outright.
Interestingly, the village side was also quite fragile. While there were single scans galore, no infinite scans existed. Lone wolves get hard to analyze as well.
This game overall was a strong promotion for CAWZ and autolynching.

Reactions:
So then GM notes:
I think I was definitely too generous with the traits that I gave to the village, especially with the scans since every villager had at least one which is a bit much. I also don't like the lack of full time scanners so much. I had been planning on not having them before Panzer did the same, though I wasn't sure the village would be fine until it worked well in Panzer's game. The problem though is that it gives all the village's information essentially instantly which isn't great. It worked fine this game since it still lasted several days, but it easily could have ended far too early had just a few things been different.

With the tum-tum-ist, since the entire point was too allow the village to be able be fine late game, I really should have made Arkasas blessed. With how many scans I gave, that wasn't necessary. I still like the idea though maybe it should be a one time replenishing powers trait or something.

With the baddie side having only two wolves that could keep them alive, I had planned to allow the bandersnatch to count as keeping the wolves the baddies alive, but when capage was inactive so long and culann being the last living one, I didn't see much of a point (sorry culann). Had I thought about the low numbers in the beginning, I think I might have made part of the bandersnatch rules that if all wolves die, the bandersnatch becomes a wolf itself, but I didn't so its fine.

Anyway, thanks for playing everyone! This was a rather fun game to gm. Stressful at times since it was first time, but still quite fun!

Edit: I was either really lucky or Maw took pity on me.
Indeed it was incredible luck. When the number generator gave a 1 (the number I had decided to say was a success) I was incredibly surprised myself.

• 1Like
Reactions:
GG and thanks for hosting.

First big win in forever.

Chieron the outgrabing tove rath beamish boy (blessed plotter villager with used priestly powers) is brutalized.
Really sorry for Chieron.
I know Caillean had asked for a sub, so I won't fault for not having called it off.

Reactions:
The first werewolf game I win in years (I think?) was one in which I barely did anything. Maybe fitting?

Good game everyone and thanks for hosting Maw! Being PL is always super fun. Did anyone notice that I first claimed to have clairvoyant scanned Alynkio and changed it to seer scanned later?
As I told you in PMs, I did notice your changed claims. A bit surprised no one else ever seemed to, but they seemed to be mostly sleepwalking through the game. Why did you claim to have clairvoyant scanned him to begin with?

As I told you in PMs, I did notice your changed claims. A bit surprised no one else ever seemed to, but they seemed to be mostly sleepwalking through the game. Why did you claim to have clairvoyant scanned him to begin with?

Because I wanted to claim to have a clairvoyant scan so that I could use PL to actually get one.

That was fun. Thank you so much for hosting, MAW!

Being village is much more fun for me, but still enjoyable. I panicked and caused the whole baddie side to lose.

guessing the standing order never got updated.
Yep, it never got changed. You barely escaped the hunt the day you contacted Ironhide and me because I had to tell my pack's wolves to change the hunt target with ONE minute left before deadline. After deadline, Ironhide was lynched, so he couldn't change anything and it appears that Caillean was suffering from a migraine, so she couldn't do anything either. And as a cultist, I couldn't change anything, unfortunately (or at least that's how the normal Werewolf rules limit the cultists).

Also, Aedan was hunted because he was next up on the standing hunt order.