We're thrilled to announce Cities: Skylines - Parklife!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is Unity getting the much-needed update as well? Windows 7, 8.x, and 10 do not perform well with XP compatible libraries as XP was the worst OS of modern times. Other than that, definitely looking forward to a new way to murder (or impress) my cims.

Will this enable the formation of NIMBY groups and thousands of people determined to save the green belt to prevent expansion (but who also demand more houses at the same time, just not near them or built on anywhere nice)?

I'm surprised by how happy the community is for this new expansion but I'm going to say personally for me this is a massive dissapointment.
I personally am not interested in the features here and would have much preferred to see an expansion upon the economic/ industrial sides of the game.
Sad

Another DLC that adds only fluff. From the description, looks like it at least on par with "After Dark" expansion which is good, I guess, considering Green Cities and Mass Transit both being a total trainwreck.

I am sort of losing hope that Colossal Order will grow their game vertically and not horizontally. I see no reason in buying content packs with new mechanics only developed to support this particular content and adds nothing to a base game.

Last edited:
it is sad to realize that the additions to the game consist mostly of cosmetic kits, not new mechanics and gameplay deepening.
At least added a few chips to simplify life. for example, separate financing of wastewater and water pumping. !
also we still don't know how many workplaces are given by municipal buildings like fire station

I found that the graphics is a little different now,its better!
not sure if you guys were really making some changes on it or not...

ss_ac7a758f3ab059625874c0969405123231e75c35.jpg

Hi, I'm a little confused.
I called Steam directly and had all DLC´s listed there, first of all there was the new "Parklive" but there is nothing from Parklive Plus, only when you call the DLC yourself you get "Parklive" and "Parklive Plus".

Now I have pre-ordered Parklive via the DLC overview, what do I get Parklive or Parklive Plus?

What is the difference? and if there are differences then I want to buy the Parklive Plus and not just Parklive.

Request an explanation, either from Paradox Interactive or Colossal Order

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Parklife Plus is the new DLC and the new country radio station in one package.

This looks very promising, indeed - but still, so many questions.

It says 'buildings' wrt. what you can plop down next to paths. Are there limitations here? Does this include regular zoned buildings (i.e. RCI) or service buildings with vehicles (Fire Stations, etc)?

Will footpaths still auto-delete at the slightest provocation (as in, overwriting/overbuilding), or will they be as sturdy as regular roads? My dream here is a toggle between the current mode and a 'sturdier' one, for easy footpath construction.

Since footpaths are a big part of this expansion - is there any chance we'll get a single-tile footpath 'spiral' staircase tower structure? I'm hoping for an easy way to create an urban bridge across a busy road here, with minimal footprint.

Will parks built in the 'empty spaces' between buildings require at least one footpath or street connection (so cims can reach them)?

Will there be farm fields following the same rules as the new free-form parks, or is that more of a future expansion thing?

If the new features are what I hope they are... RIP grid cities; I can finally create bendies without feeling inefficient.

Looking forward to stream on Friday; I'm assuming Zeke's Art Corner will take a closer look at an expansion build, now that it has been announced? :p

If we assume that buildings won't change how they function fundamentally, then there's some things we can expect here.

Zoned buildings will still need normal road connection. At the very least commercial and industry plus all services. They need vehicle access, so they need somewhere vehicles are allowed to drive. Seeing no vehicles on the new paths I'd assume they're not allowed. While residential and offices could technically work, I doubt we'd see such a large change. My guess would be we're seeing a new type of buildings that don't require services and road access - or it's all dealt with through the entrance building.

I think it's safe to assume the new parks will need the new paths. Currently you need some way for citizens to reach all buildings for them to be used. Anything that we can plop away from roads won't get visitors if they're not within 2 tiles of a road. Not even if they're connected with a path. So I'd assume special buildings on new pedestrian only roads.

No farm stuff has been shown, so I'd assume there's nothing. Plus it doesn't really fit the theme of the DLC. Could be used more in the future maybe, could maybe be used in modding. But we'll have to see. I'm gonna assume no farm related stuff in this one.

I really hope the filler tool will be what we all think it will be, that will totally change the way we build cities (without mods).

I'm eager to read the first DD!!! Any chance to know when it'll be published?

That's why you can place props where there is space for them.
All the playable land is space for props thou.
Also,don't get me wrong,i'm excited for the expansion and i like it,appreciate the fact that CO is working on the game,i just find it illogical to restrict prop placement.

Last edited:
I found that the graphics is a little different now,its better!
not sure if you guys were really making some changes on it or not...

ss_ac7a758f3ab059625874c0969405123231e75c35.jpg

I'm not sure if it is a base game... I think the screenshots are with some map theme from workshop + daylight classic mod. But yeah... now the game looks better. Anyone from CO can answer?

I'm surprised by how happy the community is for this new expansion but I'm going to say personally for me this is a massive dissapointment.
I personally am not interested in the features here and would have much preferred to see an expansion upon the economic/ industrial sides of the game.
Sad

More dynamic approach to parks was among the most requested feature since the game was released. So of course the community is happy.

Another DLC that adds only fluff. From the description, looks like it at least on par with "After Dark" expansion which is good, I guess, considering Green Cities and Mass Transit both being a total trainwreck.

This is a DLC that completely overhauls the park-system by making them zonable, so that it's easier to make our own parks while allowing us to make parks out of huge amounts of land; it also includes ways to make tourism less simplified and therefore more interesting. While I do understand that the zoos and amusement parks are mostly just cosmetics, it still adds a certain amount of variety in our city, which I feel in the end is outweighed by the fact that we get to greatly customize parks.

Most people here have seen my thread and know that I'm not a fan of Cities Skyline's current development and the Green Cities Expansion; but this pack actually seems like it'll be worth it :D