We're thrilled to announce Cities: Skylines - Parklife!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now we know why we waited longer for this expansion :

While other expansions only added diversity to our cities, this one will actually change the way we build them. It might be the best expansion.

(Too bad mods were used in the official screenshots : we can't be sure what's really in the game and what is not)

Now we know why we waited longer for this expansion :

While other expansions only added diversity to our cities, this one will actually change the way we build them. It might be the best expansion.

(Too bad mods were used in the official screenshots : we can't be sure what's really in the game and what is not)

Look also on the screenshots.. it seems like the european buildings are placed by "Move It" mod.

Look also on the screenshots.. it seems like the european buildings are placed by "Move It" mod.

Yes. This is deceiving.

Yessssssss, no more needing two road mod (one to build zonable pedestrian pathway, anopther to keep the cars off the pedestrian parthways)

It seems like you will still need them. In this banner from steam, it looks like assets will be connected to the pedestrian pathway only if they are in a park :

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/715191/extras/SteamBanner3_png.png?t=1524067182

Last edited:
Can i have question?
Screenshots from Paradox plaza looks to be made on moded version of the game, so can we have some clarification? I would like to know what is part of expansion and what is not.

What are the exclusive avatar and icon?

parklife-preorder-blurb-v5.jpg

Attachments

• parklife-preorder-blurb-v5.png
    parklife-preorder-blurb-v5.png
    789,4 KB · Views: 14
Ah! This is my #1 requested feature! I hope it is as good as what it seems to be! I might pre-order / buy when it's released, instead of my usual "wait for a sale"

I remember many months ago reading a comment in the forums, "maybe we should look into zonable parks seeing as how often it's requested."
It's good to see the end result of that comment. It's good to see the devs listening to the community.

I have two questions though:
1) Will this work in the snowy maps from Snowfall?
2) Will you be able to make beaches where people will go? Or just, like, coastal walks?

In the Steam store page, it mentioned that "new unique buildings like amusement parks, nature reserves, city parks and zoos", while in this post, it is "fresh attractions like amusement parks, nature reserves, city parks and zoos".

A little bit confused. Hope it's not unique buildings.

i agree their announcement between here & steam is confusing... so was for parklife+ - found my answer on paradox store, confirmed by CO later in that day that the + version is radio inside. I hope they changed on steam because it was confusing indeed.

For avatar, I could finally change for a better one, thx to Surviving Mars... good they manage a bit for that forum but why to get avatar on pre-order option ? they should be available for all registered users here... I don't like much the idea there but that's my opinion only.

My question remains (answer in dev diaries ?) :

Question : will homeless people go to campsites instead of shelters now ? :)

Last edited:
I have all the DLC will buy this too... I wish there were some optimizations updates too once in a while with all the mods and all the DLC I am forced to play with a less population. I mean even the people with a top tier specs GTX 1080ti don't get a stable fps while the utilization sits at 50% for example here after a quick google search