• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Castellon

★Paradox Forum Manager★
Administrator
Paradox Staff
110 Badges
Mar 12, 2002
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Paradox Order
Welcome to our new suggestion forum.
Please note this is not the place to post bug reports or for tech support, there are separate forums for those issues.

This forum is for posting your ideas on how the game can be improved or features you would like to see.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Indeed a great idea. Now proposals dont just go under within one or two days.

Edit: This thread would make more sense if the devs would actually comment the suggestions. Until now the devs made not even one comment in this forum except of Castellon.

Last edited:
Great idea to divide up those forums a bit more.

Is this only for suggestions for EU4 or can we also post suggestions for a future EU5? By the time a game is announced a lot of features will probably be set already, so it would be nice to make some suggestions before it's even announced.

Reactions:
Is this only for suggestions for EU4 or can we also post suggestions for a future EU5? By the time a game is announced a lot of features will probably be set already, so it would be nice to make some suggestions before it's even announced.

EU4 only. EU5 suggestions would be OK if kept to a single thread.

Reactions:
I would suggest a guideline concerning suggestion posts. I suggest recommending for people to place category tag before the title. For example title, might be like this: "[Interface] Button for Blah-Blah" or "[Graphics] New Sprite Level for Napoleonic Era", etc. Something like that. Would help better sort out what kind of suggestions are.

This thread would make more sense if the devs would actually comment the suggestions. Until now the devs made not even one comment in this forum except of Castellon.

Agreed :)

I think, it would be nice (and encouraging) to see a sticky thread, where devs will mention (or give links) to suggestions, which would be used in game. I mean, this subsection is not just a dump to clear the main forum from whiners, is it?

I think, it would be nice (and encouraging) to see a sticky thread, where devs will mention (or give links) to suggestions, which would be used in game. I mean, this subsection is not just a dump to clear the main forum from whiners, is it?

Doesn't seem like it. If it were, presumably you wouldn't have the studio head commenting on ideas posted here along the lines of "I like this idea."

My only regret is being pathologically incapable of checking subforums.

It isn't. Wiz sometimes posts in discussions. And sometimes we even get a post saying that something posted here will be added to the game.

But a sticky would be nice...

I don't think manually maintaining a sticky is feasible, but the ability to search for recent dev posts has long been on my wishlist.

A "don't even bother" sticky-list we could refer people to would be nice, for replying to the umpteenth iteration of "give us a population mechanic".

• 1Like
Reactions:
EU4 only. EU5 suggestions would be OK if kept to a single thread.

Can you guys make a sticky thread for EU5?
....and my suggestion for that is population!!!! Not because the base tax system is bad, but because I don't see it getting any better than EU4.

And for this forum I notice you do the 'helpful' to mark as read.
What about when a thread has many posts where members bat around ideas and then come to a really great suggestion? Do you read all of that or should a new thread be made with the final idea?

Maybe describe how best us forum people can organize a thread for you guys to best get the info.
.....there are alot of threads, seems like nit enough time to read them all.

Reactions:
Welcome to our new suggestion forum.
Please note this is not the place to post bug reports or for tech support, there are separate forums for those issues.

This forum is for posting your ideas on how the game can be improved or features you would like to see.
I have an idea for a patch, what if you could clear terrain with a certain tech or perhaps x amount of gold or manpower, and if you developed y city to z amount (say 20 production for example)it could upgrade to a centre of trade, or something of the like