• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will Iron Cross have events for alternative history? For example: Hitler never took power, civil war in USA, fascist France... Something like Mod33.

Of course, the Iron Cross include ahistorical events with 'strange' possibilities

and the curtains?

Of course, Iron Cross have the essence of mod34, events,... But Iron Cross is more powerful

Will you make Developement Diaries? Not much news since announcement.

Well, the team have a lot of work, but I think that now we will post more times

I'm sorry to have to do this but I'm going to give your offering a huge thumbs down.There are a few positive things about it but I feel they are outweighed by the negative. As for the positives you offer a new map, and two new scenarios. But now here are the bad points. A new map is nice but carries with it the responsibility to update all the scenarios and the AI, It seems that in your infinite "wisdom" you think it OK to REMOVE three scenarios in order to save yourselves the trouble of having to update the map. This is highly disrespectful of your customers. You should have adapted ALL of the scenarios, including the 1941, 44, and 45 scenarios prior to releasing your product.
Other bad points:
1) It has absolutely horrible graphics that give me sore eyes.
2) It is bundled with a lot of nations I don't particularly care for, and doesn't have many of those I do want.
3) The tech tree is unappealing.

If you would have at least released the product with all scenarios modded for the new map I would have muted my other criticisms and modded around them.

My recommendation: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!! I am sorry I wasted mine.

Last edited:
Downloaded the game shortly after buying AoD. Some thoughts:

- the number of provences can be a bit overwhelming. To get the proper troop concentrations for battle you have to leave allot of gaps which with the increased AI ability can be a real challenge. One of those good/bad things at least until I figure out the AI system and limitation.

- the leader instant command removed the take over time that AoD had. I thought AoD was more realistic in it's approach and forced me to plan ahead better.

-the tech tree is certainly extensive but really needs to quick connect guide to be displayed in the program rather than forcing me to toggle out and open up the tech tree guide and write down the needed combinations so I can develop a 37mm tank or improved mg.

- so many items to research it would have been more playable to keep the AoD tech team slots. Limiting it to five teams when you have hundreds more to research really makes what could be fun an excercise in frustration. I'm still trying to find the tech slot control on the software so i can open the slots back to the AoD level - if anyone knows where that is in the program please let me know!!!
- the 33 and 36 senarios are basically the same as far as troop dispositions and the tech tree for both is like armageddon and it's sister game, you have to basically start from scratch. That being the case, there's no reason to start with 36 as there isn't any way you can build your armed forces and research them up in three years.
- the air command maj gen only commands two airforces. Why change that from the regular HOI2 set up?
- if you download it on the AoD layer make sure all the patchs for AoD have been applied or it will crash often. I haven't seemed to have any issues after upgrading AoD.

That's all for now. Will add more as things come up. It would have been better if this game and AoD could have gotten together to make one big mod.

Quick question - I see that AoD just released a patch. I currently have AoD/IC installed using the last version (1.04). Will applying the 1.05 patch necessitate reinstalling IC?

I can't anywhere to explain what version of Armageddon Iron Cross is designed for! I need to reinstall Iron Cross and am now a little confused as I have been reinstalling a lot of other mods. What version of Arma?

By the way, this really should be very clearly noted in the announcement thread.

Cheers,
Sword

1.2, I think. 1.3 is still a beta patch, not an official one.