Welcome to the Surviving the Aftermath Forums!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just a quick question about the in-game Feedback option? Are you actaully able to read the in-game Feedback if it is a language any other than English? I mean, since the interface is translated I assumed so, but does actually someone translate the messages back to english for you to read? Or should I write them in English right away?

Heya! We do get them translated however it is an automated system so the translations might not always be exactly perfect. Either way does work, but if you want to ensure it is all in your words, writing in English would be a safer bet!

Thanks for playing! :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Found a HUGE bug in the game which has annoyed me massively.
The Save feature is not working sufficiently. I saved my game to overwrite an old game file and I've lost 2 hours worth of game play because the auto save isn't working either!!

@Unforgettable_14 Hi! Could you elaborate your post a bit? Are you playing on a PC or Xbox? What happened to the save you wrote over? Was it not properly overwritten (when loading the save, the previous save appeared) or did it disappear from the list? What happens if you close the game and try to load the save after relaunching? And about the autosave; how is it not working? Does it show the "Game saved" message during the game at all? Does the autosave appear in the saved games list?

Sorry for all the questions, we just hope to get enough information to investigate this and get it fixed.

Playing on PC. It didn't change the version number as I saved a brand new game over the top of an old game and it told me it was unplayable.
Auto save isn't saving at all despite it being turned on
It stayed in the list but corrupted. Closing the game and reopening it meant I lost the progress
It doesn't show game saved at all despite the option being ticked. No auto saves are appearing in the list
Never apologise for too many questions, happy to have many.

@Unforgettable_14 Heya!

So the version number only changes after the game has been restarted (this is a known issue, simply the UI not updating correctly), however overwriting saves of course should not lead to this situation. Has auto save worked for you at any point? So before this were they appearing and if you start a new game, do they appear again?

Sounds a bit like something happened during playing that caused the save to be corrupted and that blocked the auto save from working either but I could be wrong. Could you please help us out a bit and try a new game with autosave on and see if the autosave appears? If it does not, could you go to

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Iceflake Studios\Surviving the Aftermath\output_log.txt

on your PC and grab the log from there and attach it here? At least this way we should be able to see if the game is noticing any errors with it.

Thanks for all the help already!

After the last patch the game is still unplayable to me, the colonists suddenly stop moving , until now i was saving and loading again but after the last patch when im trying to save the game a message pop up saying tha we cant save the game contact support, its a pity cause is nice game. Im not using any mods

Heya @lekol !

If this occurs for you again, could you please attach at least the output log here? It should show the error that occurred in the game that prevents you from saving so we can take a closer look at the situation. You can find it from:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Iceflake Studios\Surviving the Aftermath\output_log.txt

@Unforgettable_14 heya!

If you are playing on PC, after the game crashes you can go to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Iceflake Studios\Surviving the Aftermath\ and grab the output_log.txt from there. Adding it here will allow us to take a look at what is happening when it crashes. Please make sure to attach it after the crash as this file is always created new when the game is restarted :)

@Unforgettable_14 heya!

If you are playing on PC, after the game crashes you can go to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Iceflake Studios\Surviving the Aftermath\ and grab the output_log.txt from there. Adding it here will allow us to take a look at what is happening when it crashes. Please make sure to attach it after the crash as this file is always created new when the game is restarted :)

Latest Crash file

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    24,8 KB · Views: 0
Hi, I wasn't sure where to put this so I'll do it here. Since it's not a bug, I didn't think I should put it through the game itself. I've been playing the early access of Surviving the Aftermath on Epic. I have a feature request. As well as asking what kind of various starting conditions we want, can I just ask for it to be random?
There is something similar in Surviving Mars. Although you still have to state "random" for each variable of sponsor, commander, etc. I'd like to just hit "random" and be surprised with what I get.

Hi, I wasn't sure where to put this so I'll do it here. Since it's not a bug, I didn't think I should put it through the game itself. I've been playing the early access of Surviving the Aftermath on Epic. I have a feature request. As well as asking what kind of various starting conditions we want, can I just ask for it to be random?
There is something similar in Surviving Mars. Although you still have to state "random" for each variable of sponsor, commander, etc. I'd like to just hit "random" and be surprised with what I get.
Hey! The in-game menu isn't just for bugs! You can put any suggestions there as well :)

• 1Like
Reactions: