Welcome to the Surviving the Aftermath Forums!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Guys, I think we shoudl start making some ground rules about how to name a new thread.. i propose to start with the version number of the game like this "[1.0.0.4969] Thread name/problem" this way we can see what is reported and where and if is issue in last update or not... Do we have a moderator to put a sticky thread with basic post rules like this ?

What is Haemimont games doing now? Why aren't they doing this game?
Why don't you ask Haemimont what they are doing?
Whatever they do though, what does that have to do with this game? Absolutely nothing.
This game is being developed by Iceflake Studios and they aren't a subsidiary or a partner of Haemimont, so I don't understand why you should think Haemimont should be involved at all. Unless, of course, you are simply comparing the similarity of the title to Surviving Mars. You wouldn't be doing that though, would you? Really?

Lasse Liljedahl said:
Surviving the Aftermath is the game we’ve always wanted to make,” Lasse Liljedahl, CEO and Lead Designer at Iceflake Studios, said. “When we pitched our plan to Paradox, they recognized our passion and commitment to making this game the best survival colony builder it can be. We’re beyond thrilled to finally share our dream project with the world and to have the support of one of the industry’s leading publishers.”

Last edited:
Unless, of course, you are simply comparing the similarity of the title to Surviving Mars. You wouldn't be doing that though, would you? Really?
Dear Padawan,

This is exactly the reason why. The title is obviously based on Surviving Mars (and the previous games of Haemimont games like Imperium Romanum) and i guess i am not the only one who thinks this:

https://forum.zwame.pt/threads/surviving-the-aftermath-haemimont-games-paradox-interactive.1039462/

Haemimont Games don't have any forums since about 2008-2009 so this makes it hard to ask them.

They have produced high quality games for the last 20 years, so yes, it matters to me who does this game.

Last edited:
Dear Padawan,

This is exactly the reason why. The title is obviously based on Surviving Mars (and the previous games of Haemimont games like Imperium Romanum) and i guess i am not the only one who thinks this:

https://forum.zwame.pt/threads/surviving-the-aftermath-haemimont-games-paradox-interactive.1039462/

Haemimont Games don't have any forums since about 2008-2009 so this makes it hard to ask them.

They have produced high quality games for the last 20 years, so yes, it matters to me who does this game.
Padawan? Lol, ok, listen grasshopper...
This game is being developed by Iceflake Studios (https://iceflake.com/) and any similarity in the name of the title is purely coincidental.
Incidentally, they are located just a few blocks away from Colossal Order in Tampere, Finland.
By all means contact Haemimont by whatever means and if you do manage to get a reply, it will most certainly be along the lines of,
"Nothing to do with us." ;)
But, here ya go... here's the contact details for Haemimont games, based in Sofia, Bulgaria.
https://www.haemimontgames.com/contacts/
Knock yourself out ;)

Last edited:
Any similarity in the name of the title is purely coincidental.
It isn't a coincidence. They use "Surviving" as a brand and it could have well been that they did it with Haemimont Games again.
Today, we announced the newest installment in the Surviving Games series live from PDXCON 2019 in Berlin…

Last edited:
It isn't a coincidence. They use "Surviving" as a brand and it could have well been that they did it with Haemimont Games again.
Sigh... no grasshopper. That is a far fetched assumption on your part.
No amount of arguing or quoting somebody on another forum who got it wrong is going to alter reality.
Paradox is the publisher and Iceflake Studios is the developer, not Haemimont.
https://iceflake.com/games/
Toodle loo...

Reactions:
Sigh... no grasshopper. That is a far fetched assumption on your part.
No amount of arguing or quoting somebody on another forum who got it wrong is going to alter reality.
Dear Padawan,

The quote is from the first post in this thread and from someone from Paradox! So no coincidence. They decided to do it with another company, fine.

Reading helps.

Still not sure what's your problem with my questions: you don't work for Paradox, you don't work for Iceflake studios.

Last edited:
Dear Padawan,

The quote is from the first post in this thread and from someone from Paradox! So no coincidence. They decided to do it with another company, fine.

Reading helps.

Still not sure what's your problem with my questions: you don't work for Paradox, you don't work for Iceflake studios.
Reading does indeed help and if you exercised a little comprehension, you would understand what you're reading too!
So, let's take another look at the opening post you refer to shall we?
I hope you managed to follow the Announcement Show live, as watching Lasse and Stefan opening the gate of our booth and going on stage with a Hazmat suit is a moment that gave me goosebumps! We really went a long way from the first rehearsal in a meeting room in Tampere!
That would be Lasse Liljedahl, CEO and Lead Designer at Iceflake Studios.
The meeting room in Tampere, Finland is where Iceflake Studios are based.
And here's what he had to say about their game,
Lasse Liljedahl said:
Surviving the Aftermath is the game we’ve always wanted to make. When we pitched our plan to Paradox, they recognized our passion and commitment to making this game the best survival colony builder it can be. We’re beyond thrilled to finally share our dream project with the world and to have the support of one of the industry’s leading publishers.
Paradox did not "decide to do it with another company". Iceflake approached Paradox with their own game and fortunately for us, Paradox took them on.
Therefore, grasshopper, I find it quite odd that you would be asking anything of Haemimont, when clearly they have absolutely nothing to do with this title whatsoever o_O

Last edited:
I believe "surviving" comes initially from Mars and now Aftermath has been added to this list thus I suspect that Paradox will continue to add "Surviving" games in the future to this Genre of game play.

Liked the look of this game but don't have a PC strong enough to play it, then found I can get it on Xbox 1, even better I found a free trial for it. Downloaded it, started to play but found the playing screen was bigger than the monitor screen so I couldn't see the edges, like the resources bar at the top or half the speed up buttons at the bottom. Tried fiddling with the in game, Xbox and TV settings but couldn't adjust it. Anyone else found this or have an idea to fix it?? Would like to play more of this game but don't want to buy it and find it's nearly unplayable due to the screen issue.

Wow this game has potential but at this stage is so limited. My first thoughts were it was going to be like banished but rapidly realised just how limited the game at the moment. The concept is good but there is a long long aay to go before this has nay depth or drive to keep playing.
The biggest areas are sustainability if this cant be done right from the start then you know you have a limited game life so why start playing?
The traders need to be increased and their offers better for more sustainability
the list is huge and others have already covered off the main points like gamer skye storme in detail

My experience with Epic was...well, let's say it wasn't epic. I uninstalled it and bought myself an Xbox instead, just so I could play Surviving the Aftermath and only have to deal with the game's bugs. I've been diligently reporting bugs as I find them and I'm happy to consider myself a paid beta tester. Especially given that I was a beta tester on Surviving Mars and I loved that game.

Btw, can anyone tell me what is up with all the packages on Xbox for Surviving Mars? I'm trying to find one that has all of them (including Green Planet) in the least expensive package because I already had them on PC and buying licences again is expensive. Thanks

Padawan? Lol, ok, listen grasshopper...
This game is being developed by Iceflake Studios (https://iceflake.com/) and any similarity in the name of the title is purely coincidental.
Incidentally, they are located just a few blocks away from Colossal Order in Tampere, Finland.
By all means contact Haemimont by whatever means and if you do manage to get a reply, it will most certainly be along the lines of,
"Nothing to do with us." ;)
But, here ya go... here's the contact details for Haemimont games, based in Sofia, Bulgaria.
https://www.haemimontgames.com/contacts/
Knock yourself out ;)

Surviving Mars have changed their name on Twitter to Surviving Games and the posts talk about the 'Series' of Surviving games. So all of us can be forgiven for asking what happened to Haemimont Games who were involved in the first installment.

Reactions:
Wow this game has potential but at this stage is so limited. My first thoughts were it was going to be like banished but rapidly realised just how limited the game at the moment. The concept is good but there is a long long aay to go before this has nay depth or drive to keep playing.
The biggest areas are sustainability if this cant be done right from the start then you know you have a limited game life so why start playing?
The traders need to be increased and their offers better for more sustainability
the list is huge and others have already covered off the main points like gamer skye storme in detail

The game feels shallow. I know it is early access, but perhaps a bit to early? The artwork looks oke, but the game feels and plays like a browser game. No real production chains, power grid or even humanitarian PTSD problems. Just "oke, this is my life now". And te clockwork disasters are just focuses on destroying one part of you 'tech'. Real vanilla. Wandering out of the base adds to the browser feel and except for the science you pick up from the ground in bottles apparently.. is far from interesting or adding to the game.

Where are they going with this, does anyone know the roadmap? It feels they started to early and are now 'winging it'. For now... not worth the money. Steam or otherwise...

Here's the roadmap:

EK9MSf2WwAUpnnE

I really like Surviving the Aftermath's (StA) Mission Statement and where it is heading!

From the moment I saw it spotlighted at the 2019 PDXCon, I have been intrigued. And everything I've read and seen since PDXCon has ramped up my excitement for this game.

I am already a very satisfied Epic Games Store customer, so there was zero barrier to gaming with StA being an Epic Game.

I've helped kickstart a game with another of Paradox's studios, so the realities of Early Access Game Development will not come as a surprise to me.

I see amazing potential here in StA. And I am glad I got in as close to the ground floor as I did. :bow:

Oh! And with Epic's $10 Holiday Coupon, StA is Half off at the moment! : )