• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

OddChuchu

Recruit
4 Badges
May 18, 2013
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
Hello. This is my first AAR, so tell me please if I can do better in any way.

KINGDOM OF ETHIOPIA

The kingdom of Ethiopia was one of the first countries to accept Christianity, and one of the only countries in Africa to accept Christianity. It had maintained its peaceful and stable borders with Muslim and animist neighbours for centuries. Then, a man named Lebna Dengel Dawit II came to the throne and changed the country's future.

Lebna Dengel Dawit II (ruled 1508-1522)

Lebna Dengel Dawit II inherited the throne of Ethiopia in 1508. During the first four years of his reign, he stabilized and reformed his country. Between 1512 and 1514, Lebna ramped up the country's military, including the first navy in the country's history. Then, in 1515, the king declared the Ethiopian Conquest of Funj. In just 2 years, he successfully occupied the whole of the Muslim nation and integrated it into Ethiopia. The majority of Ethiopia's troops were then moved to the border with the Somalian state of Adal. In 1518, DDJ2 initiated the one-year Ethiopian Crusade. The whole of Adal was occupied and integrated, same as Funj. In 1519, researchers discovered technology to build larger forts able to protect a whole town. LDD2 implimented this technology in all of Ethiopia by the end of his reign. Unfortunately, he died due to an epidemic reportedly spread by merchants trading in Alexandria, who interacted with merchants from Sicily and southern Italy. There were also mours that his 46-year old son had grown impatient and smothered him so he could claim the throne. Either way, Yohannes I succeeded him in 1522.

Yohannes I (ruled 1522-1523)

Yohannes I died just one year into his reign due to him succeeding his father at an older age. His one notable achievement was hiring Ethiopia's most famous general in their history, Ya'qob Ayob. The throne passed to his 19-year old son, Taqla Haymanot I.

Taqla Haymanot I (ruled 1523-1529)

Taqla Haymanot I was ambitious and a visionary. He changed the government from a tribally-dominated federation to a feudal monarchy, with dukes, and counts and barons and lords.
In 1527, he initiated the Ethiopian-Mamluk Liberation War. Southern and Central Egypt were taken when large mounts of Mamluk troops were spotted. Taqla negotiated a white peace so he would not lose any soldiers in battle. Taqla Haymanot died when leading an attack versus a nationalist revolt. Then, he had a 5-year regency for his son,

Last edited:
Looks good so far. I have always considered Ethiopia challenging due to its position, tech group, and religion.

If I may, can I suggest that you include some screenshots of major events in-game, or maps? They don't have to be masterpieces, but for history-book AARs, it helps the reader understand what has occurred, what the geopolitical situation is like, etc.