• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

pokiebear

Recruit
Jul 8, 2018
So im germany and just start invade poland and france etc...first few days air units execute their commands...and then 2/3 playthroughs in a row the air units suddenly stop flying and are on 'ground attack (resting)..i believe the ints are still flying..its just the bombers and CAS that arent..and stuck on resting for months

i got fuel..they have full org..units have fuel also..the thing is they work and just suddenly all return to base and go perma rest..my economy is really good

Transport planes usually "rest" for a week or two before commencing an air landing mission, but I rarely see bombers refusing to bomb. Are they set on a Ground Attack mission of some sort with repeat enabled? If they've got both supply and fuel, then they usually do their thing without any problems. If you've got them on day/night, rather than one or the other, it tends to cause problems with extended operations and accumulated ORG loss and damage, but usually it works fine for a typical short-term operation.

Try using day only, defensive mode, and see if that helps.

Did you target a single province or a single region? There might not be any targets for them. You need to adjust targets for ground attack missions quite frequently.

Did you target a single province or a single region? There might not be any targets for them. You need to adjust targets for ground attack missions quite frequently.
A unit on Ground Attack doesn't need a target, they will still fly to the province, and then return home when there's nothing to bomb. An Intercept mission, on the other hand, does require a target.

Without further information, I don't know what else to say to the OP.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Unless you have units adjacent to the enemy, they will remain invisible until something enters the same or an adjacent province. That shouldn't deter Ground Attack missions, as far as I know, but if it is causing a problem, send an INT on Air Superiority over the target province, which will spot any enemy units in it, and the bombers should then have valid targets.

• 1Like
Reactions: